NECA 1/4 DC Figures: Master Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Introduce a Little Anarchy.
7900cf7859a3af0b06d6406a9f11e18f.jpg

Repainted the head completely, the bodysuit just needed a wash of dirt. I used hair gel and water to tame the wild hair on the coat.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finished my umbrella last night.

Does either version come with the umbrella? Where are you guys getting them? Im thinking about getting into this line.

Does either version come with the umbrella? Where are you guys getting them? Im thinking about getting into this line.
Unfortunately no. The first release was originally supposed to include the umbrella and then they scrapped it.

Most of the umbrellas I have seen come from Doggie Doc on the freaks forum.

Repainted the head completely, the bodysuit just needed a wash of dirt. I used hair gel and water to tame the wild hair on the coat.

attachment.php

Finished my umbrella last night.

Fantastic job on Penguin. I always say, a decent sculpt only needs an excellent paint job to become overall AWESOME. Well done :clap

Finally ordered the 1/4 Catwoman. With the 25th anniversary of Batman Returns a couple days ago and the fact that I have a good amount of spending money at the moment (plus I haven't gotten a new 1/4 for like 6 months), I was like what the hell and ordered her.

I'm hoping she's good. She looks great, though I'm not the biggest fan of Michelle Pfeiffers portrayal but I really wanted the Returns trio on my shelf....

Also thinking about getting Mayoral Penguin now especially because I think he would look better with Catwoman and Batman over the Sewer Penguin. Probably going to end up selling the Sewer Penguin then despite how awesome that figure is.

For those that have both Penguins, which one do you like more and why?

Saying goodbye to this amazing figure, but anticipating the arrival of the Mayoral Penguin.

After seeing pictures online I thought the Mayoral version would make the Returns trio feel more like one complete package. That Mayoral look is what Penguin is wearing on all the promotional material and what he wears when the 3 of them meet, and as odd as it sounds the colors of the Mayoral Penguin alongside Catwoman and Batman evoke more of a feeling of Batman Returns to me than the Sewer version alongside the other two.
2a0fb38459f6872ab0af433300a777ff.jpg

I ended up watching BVS again, and I surprisingly really enjoyed it this time. I thought it was great! I've done like a big 180 on this movie; it gets better the more I've seen it.

Anyways, I felt the urge to go back and pick up their MOS Superman especially when I saw one on eBay for a really great price. I know it's not NECA'S best work or anything, but I think I need him to go with Batman.

Then I can have one shelf with Affleck and Cavill, another with Bale and Ledger, another with the Returns trio and finally a shelf with the 60s Batman and Robin.

Unfortunately I don't have the Burt Ward Robin and am thinking about adding him to my collection. Does anybody have any idea where I could buy him for a reasonable price?

Where are you based? If it's the U.S. there are heaps of retailers and lots of eBay sellers have him in stock.

PopCultcha in Australia has him in stock. Was on sale a few days ago too. Importing would be expensive though if you're not local.

Where are you based? If it's the U.S. there are heaps of retailers and lots of eBay sellers have him in stock.

PopCultcha in Australia has him in stock. Was on sale a few days ago too. Importing would be expensive though if you're not local.
I live in Canada. Most of the time with these 1/4 figures I find myself ordering from the US anyways, so it the price is okay it's fine.

What retailers have him still? Don't want to pay more than retail price haha. The 60s show is awesome but I don't adore it as much as others.

"I wear a mask. And that mask, it's*not to hide who I am, but to create what I am."

Getting this picture was super nerve wracking. Balancing a heavy 18" figure on my sheds sloped roof while theres a bit of a breeze was not fun. That being said, nothing got damaged and the picture turned out great!
ac7f858e5f2fdaf9bc65877dd810bc78.jpg

Superman came in today. I gotta say, much like the Affleck Batman he's better than I was expecting. Joints were super, super tight though so I used the hair dryer on almost all of them. Those ankle hinges were especially nasty.

In person the head sculpt and some of the joints look much better. Personally, while it is not 100% spot on, I do see Cavill in there.

Overall, considering I got him for a fair bit less than an average quarter scale figure, I'm quite pleased. He fits into the collection well and looks great alongside the BVS Batman.

cf7b0c322c2f63940a4ab53392fadd8b.jpg
9eeab7281560c5916cb090012266f01e.jpg

"I wear a mask. And that mask, it's*not to hide who I am, but to create what I am."

Getting this picture was super nerve wracking. Balancing a heavy 18" figure on my sheds sloped roof while theres a bit of a breeze was not fun. That being said, nothing got damaged and the picture turned out great!
ac7f858e5f2fdaf9bc65877dd810bc78.jpg

Whoa that's an awesome looking Batman! Didn't even know about this one. Love the classic one knee bent pose, a gargoyle would really complete the look. :lol

Back