NECA 1/4 DC Figures: Master Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shot. That modded Batfleck is amazing.

Hopefully with Wonder Woman being the only 1/4 DC figure on the way, they'll try sneaking out some more shrunken down figures. Robin, Catwoman, Batfleck, or Penguin would be definite purchases; even an AK Batman would be aight. We should know by around Fall, right? IIRC that's usually when they start randomly appearing at TRU. :lol

That Batman vs Alien set should be fun.

Awesome shot. That modded Batfleck is amazing.
Cheers. I think I spent about $35 and that got me a Jakks Pacific Batfleck to swap the head and material to do a cape swap on Batfleck and Keaton (with leftovers for future projects). In terms of mods Bale was the neck mod and I just flat blacked the suit so it was more screen accurate, did the cape for Keaton and then did the head swap, cape and painted the suit for Batfleck. For about three hours work for everything I'm happy with the result!

We are a bit light on DC this year which is a shame. Plenty of 1/4 scales for me to get though (Mikey from TMNT, Terminator, Doctor Strange and a bunch more) so I can wait but DC-wise I'd really like a 1/4 scale Returns Batman, Kilmer Batman, Clooney Batman (yeah, sue me :D ), The Dark Knight Batman, Justice League Batman, a re-release of the Ledger Joker, Romero Joker, Nicholson Joker, Leto Joker (for completionist's sake) and a bunch more.

In regards to Nicholson, I think Randy said that wouldn't happen because Nicholson wants too much $$$, but might be doable as a weird subscription thing(I think?). Romero would be cool. I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen an Arkham Joker.

At this point I think I'll just pass on their 89 Batman in hopes that they'll make a Returns version, since I like that one better and he'd fit in better with Catwoman and Penguin. I might go back and pick him up if they somehow make a Nicholson tho.

I'd totally be down for Kilmer and Clooney; it would be rad to have every cinematic Batman displayed together. Lewis Wilson and Robert Lowery when.

Burton City
bfc6dea1d9798925782eadca7d1c6529.jpg

I wish they would change the elbows on Wonder Woman. I understand trying to increase the articulation, but it ruins the look of a figure that size.

They make such weird decisions on that stuff. Like with their Reeves superman they didn't do the ab crunch which was wise, but then they give Wonder Woman robot looking arms.

I wish they would change the elbows on Wonder Woman. I understand trying to increase the articulation, but it ruins the look of a figure that size.

They make such weird decisions on that stuff. Like with their Reeves superman they didn't do the ab crunch which was wise, but then they give Wonder Woman robot looking arms.
The classic articulation vs aesthetic debate. For the Wonder Woman I'm torn because I want it to look great but those elbows also look like they will have excellent range. For all the poses I would want to put Wonder Woman into, double joints are an absolute must. If they could do then like Catwoman and hide them a little more than would be nice.

Maybe we're becoming too jaded or demanding when it comes to quality but I have to admit that I am not totally impressed with the Wonder Woman figure. But considering the price for a 1/4 scale figure, Neca is great value. I'd be the first to purchase any figures from Batman Forever or Batman & Robin. There's no shame in wanting these figures - the costume designs were cool. How about a Robin figure from the Arkham games?

Just picked up the neca 1:4 BVS Batman,

The plan is to take the jakks big fig head, repaint it and use it on the neca body.

Anyone any tips on if it looks good? Or any tips on how to do it?
Cheers.

I've done it Platty.

From memory: Cut around the edges of the cowl, then unscrew the shoulder pieces. I suggest doing a neck mod. You need to trim a few millimeters off the top of the neck and then reattach the plug that head fits in to. End result of the neck mod (left: before, right: after):

2017-02-23_19.44.46.jpg

After that I sanded the edges of the cowl and then painted it. End result after the painting:

FB_IMG_1506746578632.jpg

Cheers Atex, that looks great. Nice work!

Does the head&cowl sit tightly on to the neca neck post?

Last edited:
Cheers Alex, that looks great. Nice work!

Does the head&cowl sit tightly on to the neca neck post?

Not really. ;) Basically you're fixing the cowl, neck and shoulders of the Jakks to the body of the NECA. It's completely independent of the neck post. It still stays in there, you just don't use it. This is all from memory though. I came up with a way to fix the shoulders to the NECA body so the edges of the Jakks shoulders are flush to the suit, but I can't remember exactly what I did. I just MacGyvered it. :D

:lol it does appear to be one of those types of jobs.

How did you get the head from the jakks, dremel?

Yeah, dremel and then sanded it. It's too thick for a hobby knife. This one shows what you end up with (it was part way through painting at the time):

2017-02-26_13.26.15.jpg

I highly recommend black washing the suit too. I did that and did a flat clear coat over it (pics after the wash, before and after of the flat clear coat):

2017-02-26_13.16.50.jpg

Cheers man, your work looks brilliant. Black wash is definitely something I'll do.

I got the head off the jakks earlier today. I used an angle grinder with a cutting disc, then used a polishing disc to take it as close as I could to the cowl, but the angle grinder is just too powerful. What I need is one of those little rotary grinders or a dremel to take it real close and get it nice and smooth.

How does the jakks material react to boiling water, does it become more pliable? I'm thinking if it could soften then it could be manipulated to the neca shoulders shape then rinsed with cold water so it keeps its shape.

Back