Neca 1/4 BATMAN RETURNS Michelle Pfeiffer CATWOMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by their half assed Police Shootout T-800, Commando, Returns Batman/Bruce Wayne, the Xenomorph, Ripley, etc. that took years to get, I doubt Hot Toys would have done the Penguin and Catwoman they had planned any justice. Hot Toys doesn't give a ****. If they did, we'd have a Keaton Wayne sculpt that actually looks like Keaton. We'd see something other than a one piece rubber suit. We'd have Penguin, Catwoman and maybe a couple more Nicholson variants they bragged about being able to do but have yet to make. We'd have a 1/4 Keaton and not Kylo Ren or another ****ing Iron Man.

I can't see a Hot Toys Catwoman being all it could be with the body, the stitching, etc. They'd half ass that **** and it would look weird. Most of their females do. The Penguin that Howard was talking about that was supposed to debut in what, December 2012? Bet it didn't look good. So yeah, **** Hot Toys. They squandered those licenses. I'll eat crow if Hot Toys releases a Penguin or Catwoman out of the blue and it actually looks good (like Doc Brown), but I doubt it. It's almost been 5 years now, that's not where their priorities are and we've seen how they've handled the other non-modern Batman lines.

That NECA Catwoman and Penguin are as good as it's going to get. They look fantastic. I doubt Hot Toys Penguin would lok as good as these prototypes. Same goes with Catwoman. It's nice that a company finally made the figures those films deserve. It only took 25 years. I'll be a happy camper if the final product is good, 1/4 Returns Batman hits, and all three (or 4 including the Penguin variant) get the 7" scale treatment too.

NECA's adamant refusal of any kind of Penguin umbrella bugs me, the Nicholson Joker situation sucks and I don't get why they're not doing Kenner variants, but NECA is doing justice to those two movies that nobody else is doing in figure form. I'll take what I can get. Hot Toys doesn't give a ****, Mattel doesn't give a ****, DCC can't do them, Mezco has the license to do 1/12, 6" with an alleged Keaton planned but doesn't seem interested in getting anything out other than those dumb 2" Mez-Itz. NECA is the only one that cares.

Last edited:
Judging by their half assed Police Shootout T-800, Commando, Returns Batman/Bruce Wayne, the Xenomorph, Ripley, etc. that took years to get, I doubt Hot Toys would have done the Penguin and Catwoman they had planned any justice. Hot Toys doesn't give a ****. If they did, we'd have a Keaton Wayne sculpt that actually looks like Keaton. We'd see something other than a one piece rubber suit. We'd have Penguin, Catwoman and maybe a couple more Nicholson variants they bragged about being able to do but have yet to make. We'd have a 1/4 Keaton and not Kylo Ren or another ****ing Iron Man.

I can't see a Hot Toys Catwoman being all it could be with the body, the stitching, etc. They'd half ass that **** and it would look weird. Most of their females do. The Penguin that Howard was talking about that was supposed to debut in what, December 2012? Bet it didn't look good. So yeah, **** Hot Toys. They squandered those licenses. I'll eat crow if Hot Toys releases a Penguin or Catwoman out of the blue and it actually looks good (like Doc Brown), but I doubt it. It's almost been 5 years now, that's not where their priorities are and we've seen how they've handled the other non-modern Batman lines.

That NECA Catwoman and Penguin are as good as it's going to get. They look fantastic. I doubt Hot Toys Penguin would lok as good as these prototypes. Same goes with Catwoman. It's nice that a company finally made the figures those films deserve. It only took 25 years. I'll be a happy camper if the final product is good, 1/4 Returns Batman hits, and all three (or 4 including the Penguin variant) get the 7" scale treatment too.

NECA's adamant refusal of any kind of Penguin umbrella bugs me, the Nicholson Joker situation sucks and I don't get why they're not doing Kenner variants, but NECA is doing justice to those two movies that nobody else is doing in figure form. I'll take what I can get. Hot Toys doesn't give a ****, Mattel doesn't give a ****, DCC can't do them, Mezco has the license to do 1/12, 6" with an alleged Keaton planned but doesn't seem interested in getting anything out other than those dumb 2" Mez-Itz. NECA is the only one that cares.

I couldn't have said better man.... Yeah teh umbrella thing sucks but we got an guy making us one so no big deal. I'm sure Catwoman and Penguin will come out looking great. But yeah You are right Hot Toys don't give a damn unless its disney or an new upcoming movie.... Look them three years on an half assed Arkham Batman and Returns Batman... I'll stick with NECA... Least we know they care about thier fans.

I was disappointed with their Terminator display at SDCC, kind of expected more with their hype about T2's 25th anniversary and they only displayed stuff we've seen before or knew they would have made regardless of the anniversary. That said, they remain my company of choice. They've been making the stuff of childhood dreams.

I was disappointed with their Terminator display at SDCC, kind of expected more with their hype about T2's 25th anniversary and they only displayed stuff we've seen before or knew they would have made regardless of the anniversary. That said, they remain my company of choice. They've been making the stuff of childhood dreams.

I guess the 1/4 is still being made and should ahve some news on T2 stuff next month as thats when the T23D date will be annouced

I just pre-ordered this. I love love love Pfeiffer Catwoman and the fact that Hot Toys hasn't made one is a continual disappointment to me. I don't really collect 1/4 scale--the only 1/4 scale I own is that Buffy PF that Sideshow produced about a decade ago. But this Catwoman is too good to pass up. I don't love the regular headsculpt but the battle-damaged one is a spot-on likeness and will make a great display piece next to Buffy on my shelf. Girl Power! Hopefully the finished product will look as good as the proto and she'll also include a whip--but that's what's great abut pre-ordering from BBTS, you don't pay until the figure comes out and you can always cancel without penalty.

My only nitpick is that based on the way the legs are attached to the torso, I'm worried that her legs will look unnatural if I try to put her in any pose other than standing straight, and Catwoman needs to be able to strike fierce poses. Batman and Penguin would look fine just standing there but Catwoman would look a bit odd.

I just pre-ordered this. I love love love Pfeiffer Catwoman and the fact that Hot Toys hasn't made one is a continual disappointment to me. I don't really collect 1/4 scale--the only 1/4 scale I own is that Buffy PF that Sideshow produced about a decade ago. But this Catwoman is too good to pass up. I don't love the regular headsculpt but the battle-damaged one is a spot-on likeness and will make a great display piece next to Buffy on my shelf. Girl Power! Hopefully the finished product will look as good as the proto and she'll also include a whip--but that's what's great abut pre-ordering from BBTS, you don't pay until the figure comes out and you can always cancel without penalty.

My only nitpick is that based on the way the legs are attached to the torso, I'm worried that her legs will look unnatural if I try to put her in any pose other than standing straight, and Catwoman needs to be able to strike fierce poses. Batman and Penguin would look fine just standing there but Catwoman would look a bit odd.
I have my batman in an action pose and it looks fine. It will be fine.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yup, battle-damaged portrait is what makes this one a tempting prospect. But I'd definitely have her repainted to gloss the hell out of her outfit. Maybe add some stray sutures as well. NECA scores big every now and then, and I LOVE my Arkham Origins Batman :bat:rock2

Yup, battle-damaged portrait is what makes this one a tempting prospect. But I'd definitely have her repainted to gloss the hell out of her outfit. Maybe add some stray sutures as well. NECA scores big every now and then, and I LOVE my Arkham Origins Batman :bat:rock2

I'm gonna get two so she can me fully battle damaged at the end of the film... Thankfully the heads pop off so I can send it to get repainted and haired... I really wish Penguin's head came off. Of course I really have tried recently.

Their original release date of Oct was always going to be a hard push to make so yeah it is not surprising (gives me more time to save up for it too)

Their original release date of Oct was always going to be a hard push to make so yeah it is not surprising (gives me more time to save up for it too)

I agree with the last part. I don't mind the wait.

Hey guys, I am thinking of making a light up neon "Hell Here" sign for this figure. I have an interest thread in the customs section but I thought I'd give a heads up here! I already have some things on order to start up a prototype.

67d7a8fe280b79ff0e53ab2f15369dc2.png
df24302ceee392c13ab29d379ee435a6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I am thinking of making a light up neon "Hell Here" sign for this figure. I have an interest thread in the customs section but I thought I'd give a heads up here! I already have some things on order to start up a prototype.

67d7a8fe280b79ff0e53ab2f15369dc2.png
df24302ceee392c13ab29d379ee435a6.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ooooo nice you know I'm in. I looked in the interstate threads but couldn't find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm guessing the UK release date will be pushed back even further then...

Any more word on this? I have her on pre order but if December's out the window, I can spend the money on other stuff in the mean time..

Back