NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, CleverGirl. Fantastic pics you have there! This is a great Batman 1989 figure, considering its size and price.

Some people who look down on cheaper collectibles can diss this figure all they want, but it can't be denied that NECA did a good job on the sculpt of the armor and even the Keaton likeness. NECA could've taken the shortcut but they made an actual head+cowl combo, for a more realistic effect.

Here's mine, I just finished giving it another repaint last night.

P1270790_zpsthnlxctx.jpg

P1270802_zpsrb6j4ofa.jpg

P1270804_zpsvvymv0lx.jpg

P1270807_zps9gdw0t9v.jpg

P1270785_zpshr10o9vh.jpg

P1270799_zpslq4jlnsk.jpg

P1270798_zpshylbo0sc.jpg

P1270796_zpswa7rmls2.jpg

I don't think there is anything wrong with "cheap figures..." there are great figures out there that are not "hot toys" :)
The only complaint I have with this figure is how cheap the cape looks and how drastically different the quality is from the bottom half of the character to the top...

Heubert your repaint looks awesome! I like the gloss on the lips and the age detail you added to the figure!

I just received my 1/4 NECA 1989 Batman today and when i got home and opened him up to display him I found his right arm elbow joint will not move at all. I've heated it with a hair dryer and nothing will move his arm. It looks like a defect in the joint because the paint on all the other joints are a darker black and look like separate pieces but this joint is the same color as the forearm and just looks like it was molded with the forearm. I don't know what to do my wife bought it for $130.00 for me as my birthday present from a seller on eBay. I'm hoping they have another one to exchange it out for but I doubt it. Aagghh!! I'm so pissed and bummed I've been waiting to play with him for the past week and now I get him and I can't move his arm! If anyone has any suggestions on a fix for this or if NECA might replace it? Or even if any customizers on here have a right arm with elbow joint I could buy. Anyone please help a Batman toy collector out please?! I want a posable Batman I can display with my other ones.......

I just received my 1/4 NECA 1989 Batman today and when i got home and opened him up to display him I found his right arm elbow joint will not move at all. I've heated it with a hair dryer and nothing will move his arm. It looks like a defect in the joint because the paint on all the other joints are a darker black and look like separate pieces but this joint is the same color as the forearm and just looks like it was molded with the forearm. I don't know what to do my wife bought it for $130.00 for me as my birthday present from a seller on eBay. I'm hoping they have another one to exchange it out for but I doubt it. Aagghh!! I'm so pissed and bummed I've been waiting to play with him for the past week and now I get him and I can't move his arm! If anyone has any suggestions on a fix for this or if NECA might replace it? Or even if any customizers on here have a right arm with elbow joint I could buy. Anyone please help a Batman toy collector out please?! I want a posable Batman I can display with my other ones.......

Welcome to the freaksboard, buddy!

Can you post photos of the problematic arm? From your description it's possible that maybe the joints are stuck by some paint or varnish, maybe. I'm not sure how returns are done for items bought on Ebay, but NECA themselves might not provide replacement unless you bought it from their Ebay store.

Yeah i thought of that, but when I was opening him I was checking if it had been opened already cause I was debating of keeping it closed and I have the 1966 NECA Batman and Robin and the ties looked unopened. I'm pretty sure it was never removed from the box. On the receipt they have a return policy and a phone number to call if I want to return it. I just hope they will return it since I opened it.

You think I should try again with the hair dryer and heat it up alot? I already applied a little heat but didn't want to ruin the paint

I just picked this up yesterday and wow, I see what all the hype was about now. I cant believe I waited over a year to pick it up and luckily was able to get one at retail. A very impressive effort for Neca.

I just picked this up yesterday and wow, I see what all the hype was about now. I cant believe I waited over a year to pick it up and luckily was able to get one at retail. A very impressive effort for Neca.
Where did you buy one at retail? I would like to get this figure but it's sold out everywhere.

Mine just arrived a few min ago, and WOW! I can see what the hype was all about. So excited to have this figure as part of my collection.

Joey.

Back