NECA: 1/4 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, Tony, the figure is out for a couple of days and you already made a custom cape? That was awesomely fast! :lol

I had this unique fabric for a very long time, and wanted to use it, but didn't get the chance...... As soon this figure was available, I went and got it yesterday and spent the whole afternoon till night to get this cape made...... In a way I was waiting and hoping HT make a 1/4 Keaton Batman, but Neca did a fine job for $85, I couldn't resist :D

since the figure is in a larger scale, I was able to add black inner linning and still keep the cape drape naturally, but its still not done yet..... another 50% to go.....

@Sallah Yes! Same here, can't wait to hear your opinions, and especially for this one being you're the biggest Keaton fan I know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for a review! (There will be one right?). Your reviews are some of the best out there. :hi5:

@Sallah Yes! Same here, can't wait to hear your opinions, and especially for this one being you're the biggest Keaton fan I know lol

Aww thanks fellas! :1-1:

Yep... A review is definitely coming. School had a snow day today which means no homework for Blaze, so we will probably record it tonight. :)

Sallah

Looks like the review should be up by week's end... but I had to snap a few quick pics now of this fantastic figure! NECA really did a fantastic job at this price point...

Sallah

Honestly, I am thinking that with this, I could pass on sideshows Keaton PF. This is really well done. Of course I feel the same way about Hot toys Reeves Superman. Even at $85, I am going to have to wait until after Christmas to pick this up. Must resist...

Cowel is softer plastic as well as belt, partial boots,gauntlets. But it's not cheap soft. The face pAint isn't too bad I'm gonna add more layers. The eyes are great except for the stupid white hi-light in the pupil.

Overall I think this is a great figure that might need time to grow on you, it totally satisfy my need for a 1/4 89 batman. Even though it's not a rubber suit I think visually it represents the film more more accurate then the hot toys one the way the finish is. The cowel is so crappy looking but in an aweasome accurate way. The accessories are nice and enough to feel like you got more bang for the buck. The split spear head accessorie broke on me in package but it can be glued pretty easily. Cape isn't bad either. If you bared with hot toys then you won't bat an eye at this because it's drapes easier.

Can't wait for this... Ordered from gamestop as they had it for $79.99. Hopefully I get it sooner than later.

Question for those that have the figure.
How close do the legs come together? From the pictures I've seen, they look a bit too spread apart.

Question for those that have the figure.
How close do the legs come together? From the pictures I've seen, they look a bit too spread apart.

Pretty close think heals can almost touch, his legs spread wide to help balance in the others photos, I have mine about shoulder width apart, more of Keaton's stance anyway.

Thanks for the reply, hottoyskyle!

Good to know they can be posed closer together than what we've seen so far.

So, is this the best NECA figure? I have the Endoskeleton and Robocop. Never got Cap, Iron Man or Supes.

So, is this the best NECA figure? I have the Endoskeleton and Robocop. Never got Cap, Iron Man or Supes.

I think that prize would go to the 1/4 scale closed mouth Predator.

This looks damn good, though. The only thing holding me back is the worry of any rubber parts being on the figure. (Deterioration, etc...)

Picked this figure up at Amok Time today. WOW, he is amazing! I am thoroughly impressed. I usually don't like NECA's human related characters as I've found their sculpts to be meh but this guy is spot on! It seriously looks like Keaton Batman stepped out of the screen. My only real gripe is that cape is pretty wrinkly and a bit difficult to futs with. But once you get him in a good pose, I think he really shines.

I will say it's really important to find a good pose for this guy or else he will look really awkward. He's also not the easiest to stand.

NECABats1_zpsa4dbd116.jpg

NECABats4_zpsab27c01b.jpg

NECABats3_zps9c0d89bf.jpg

NECABats5_zps751b8b3e.jpg

Yea, I agree, posing really makes the fig shine and not look like a toy. That looks to be an awesome collection, makes me wanna pick up some neca preds

Back