Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be tweaked just like the Begins was.... Haters gonna hate on Neca as always...

Yea, and the BVS sculpt isn't even that bad. It's quite good. Needs a little adjusting but it's shaping up to be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, and the BVS sculpt isn't even that bad. It's quite good. Needs a little adjusting but it's shaping up to be great.

Yep just like people a year ago were hating on the Begins and now look at it, looks superb.

It will be tweaked just like the Begins was.... Haters gonna hate on Neca as always...
I love neca, I buy many of their things. I have the arkham 19" batmen figures. I'd be tempted by the bale if I never had the enterbay already...

But there is no excuse for this sculpt. In my opinion it's just awful and needs completely re-doing.

Bunnyfreakz is completely correct IMO. The jakks 'big figs' sculpt is the best yet.

I love neca, I buy many of their things. I have the arkham 19" batmen figures. I'd be tempted by the bale if I never had the enterbay already...

But there is no excuse for this sculpt. In my opinion it's just awful and needs completely re-doing.

Bunnyfreakz is completely correct IMO. The jakks 'big figs' sculpt is the best yet.

Yeah maybe IDK... Im just not seeing what everyone's deal is about it... It's not final so I wouldn't worry too much, look at how they improved the begins sculpt.... I will still buy it and enjoy it regardless, but thats just me....

no dog in this fight ,so heres the jakks supes head on the neca body to gauge the scale between the 2 ,matches up pretty good ,so anyone dissatisfied with the neca head sculpt could possibly "fix "it with a $20 "upgrade"
IMG-20160308-WA0019_zpsbwp4zrkf.jpeg

without flash
IMG-20160308-WA0017_zpswsco0pnf.jpeg

I'm also a big fan of NECA, but like on anything else I call it as I see it. This is just terrible sculpt IN MY OPINION. No hating for nothing. I don't like what I'm seeing, and it was too much of a let down for me after the first frustrating thing that is NECA not doing the Armored Batman.

NECA does not ALWAYS tweak, just like other companies. Of course they have a reason for that -- budget, time constraint, or maybe they think that there's nothing to fix plain and simple. I mentioned before that the 1989 Batman's head is a bit elongated, that DiFabio nailed a Ps tweak even the figure's sculptor praised (and even said will consider)-- but did it change anything? No. Still a great fig nonetheless, so not much of an outcry after release. Besides, it's a grail figure to many of us NECA and/or Keaton Batman fans, so...

As for Batman Begins, I don't recall criticisms on its sculpt that much. It was good from day 1. Most of the stones thrown were about the useless cut on the neck that made Bats look like wearing a surgical collar, and the ugly skirt-like thing hanging on his hips. Both of which are fixed, but again the isses weren;t on the sculpt and I think the criticisms on those were called for. if people hadn't reacted on that ugly cut on the neck, would NECA have bothered to change it? I don't think so.

With all these said, who wouldn't want this figure to turn out great? Don't hate on the "haters". They're just reacting to what they are seeing, and it's a feedback that has a strong basis which I share :)

I'm also a big fan of NECA, but like on anything else I call it as I see it. This is just terrible sculpt IN MY OPINION. No hating for nothing. I don't like what I'm seeing, and it was too much of a let down for me after the first frustrating thing that is NECA not doing the Armored Batman.

NECA does not ALWAYS tweak, just like other companies. Of course they have a reason for that -- budget, time constraint, or maybe they think that there's nothing to fix plain and simple. I mentioned before that the 1989 Batman's head is a bit elongated, that DiFabio nailed a Ps tweak even the figure's sculptor praised (and even said will consider)-- but did it change anything? No. Still a great fig nonetheless, so not much of an outcry after release. Besides, it's a grail figure to many of us NECA and/or Keaton Batman fans, so...

As for Batman Begins, I don't recall criticisms on its sculpt that much. It was good from day 1. Most of the stones thrown were about the useless cut on the neck that made Bats look like wearing a surgical collar, and the ugly skirt-like thing hanging on his hips. Both of which are fixed, but again the isses weren;t on the sculpt and I think the criticisms on those were called for. if people hadn't reacted on that ugly cut on the neck, would NECA have bothered to change it? I don't think so.

With all these said, who wouldn't want this figure to turn out great? Don't hate on the "haters". They're just reacting to what they are seeing, and it's a feedback that has a strong basis which I share :)

You have some very valid points. Let me rephrase what I said earlier. I think the sculpt looks like a great Batman sculpt, but in terms of looking like Affleck.... Eh not so much.

I am also pretty bummed out that Neca isn't doing Armoured Batman, especially since they are best at armoured figures in this scale.

I do see Affleck in the sculpt, just a slightly erm, warped Affleck.

That being said, I might still cop this depending on how long it takes Hot Toys to get their Batman out there. The main thing that bums me out about this figure is the lack of accessories.

I do see Affleck in the sculpt, just a slightly erm, warped Affleck.

That being said, I might still cop this depending on how long it takes Hot Toys to get their Batman out there. The main thing that bums me out about this figure is the lack of accessories.

what more do you need he comes with batarangs and grapple gun...

The thing that'd push it over the edge for me would be the grenade launcher and the branding tool. But I guess that might be a bit much, considering how much figure you're getting for $100 anyway.

The thing that'd push it over the edge for me would be the grenade launcher and the branding tool. But I guess that might be a bit much, considering how much figure you're getting for $100 anyway.

That's true! I think the amount of accessories is on point for the price point, but those gadgets would definitely be welcome.

Back