NBC Adapting DC Comics' 'Constantine' With David Goyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw last week's episode. Great stuff. Jeremy Davies is fantastic, so, I hope we see more of him as the show goes on (if it goes on, which, hopefully, it will).

What a good episode, Manny being a human was an awesome and fun dynamic, characters are sooo good and the dialogue, dat dialogue:

"You mean you made two poor sods feel pleasure? Momentary relief from the tragedy of every day living? That doesn't sound like a sin to me mate..."

Seriously, show me a current comicbook show that has dialogue as good as this:

Constantine: I know it's hard, all those chemicals, swirling around... Your heart aches,
your head hurts, makes it hard to concentrate doesn't it?

Manny: Yeah, I don't know how you get anything done.

Constantine: A little bit of denial and a whole lot of gin...Now, did you get those files or were you too busy er.... playing "doctor"?

And Matt Ryan is ****ing swagger.

It's too watered down for my tastes. Matt Ryan is fun to watch, but that's about it for me.

Agreed.

Whether it's extremity of content (or lack thereof, rather) or production values and aesthetics. Everything about the show feels too clean. Glamorous, even.

I realize we're talking about a network TV series, but come on. This...

constantine-01-cast.jpg

...isn't the same as this.

Hellblazer-cancelled.jpg

Constantine.jpg

I love this show so much, I'd be devastated if they cancel it. Really hoping the Syfy rumour is true. Sooo much potential and Matt Ryan is perfect in the role (and a hottie :love).

Sounds like the best thing that could happen IMO. I bet it will either get canned entirely or they go that route. But then again, there is that wild card that is Hannibal. Its amazing that thing not only got renewed once, but twice. So I think NBC is smart enough to know they need to treat certain properties differently and expect different things out of them. While Constantine might not be the rating hit like Arrow or AoS, there is still a decent amount fan base to support it on Syfy.

It's too watered down for my tastes. Matt Ryan is fun to watch, but that's about it for me.
I realize we're talking about a network TV series, but come on. This...
Then what's the problem? All comicbook shows are watered down a LOT, not just this one, and they all look like TV shows too :lol

I mean, even the movies are somewhat watered down.

But this one still has a good script, great dialogue, and great performers coff*for a TV show*coff

Because compared to AoS, Constantine sure looks a lot better.

Surprised there hasn't been any comments yet on the (potentially) final episode.
I thought the season finished very strongly, hope it continues on.

I haven't caught up yet. I saved the last 3 episodes of the season so I can watch them all at once. Heard it was pretty good though so fingers crossed it gets picked up for a second season.

Back