NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
89982f86919eaf7d012a30122a1544a8.jpg

Now LeBron sounds like Floyd Mayweather..

*Source: https://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/13/lebron-has-a-few-arrogant-words-for-those-who-hate-him/

I quote him, saying “All the people that were rooting for me to fail… at the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”

Yeah right LeBron.. Don't compare us imperfect & unsuperstar citizens of the world to you, but you also have to be heaps better than us in everything, even attitude. You may earn more than us, but you certainly do so little with how huge you've been given.. You are sounding like someone who doesn't really know what to do. Go get a psychologist, that's what you need. You are sick in the head.

Is anyone shocked though? I mean those that run their gums the most tend to not do this.

Well no but still gotta call them out. And who the he'll is this Vex guy who said us Lakers fans were horrible and spewed bile and such? Nice generalization there especially since I can only think of one guy who did major s__t talking while the rest of us just rooted for our team.

Well no but still gotta call them out. And who the he'll is this Vex guy who said us Lakers fans were horrible and spewed bile and such? Nice generalization there especially since I can only think of one guy who did major s__t talking while the rest of us just rooted for our team.

I agree. Thats why I don't mind the two that did the most gum flapping getting called out. Its kind of funny. :lol I don't know. JS thinks its 78Myers second account.

It feels soooo great to experience the game last night at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. It was close to being in the finals. Definitely one of the best championship I have witnessed. The whole city was going crazy, like it was New Year's Eve party or something. Everyone was just running up to everybody, high-fives, hugging people you dont know. What a great night to experience.
Love the Mavs, just a classy team who believed in each other.

..and LeBron gives up after 1 season in the Heat, and demands for a trade to NYK! :lol

nba_ny_lebron_288v.jpg

Late to post, but between the game last night, Game of Thrones, and Treme, it was a busy night catching up on stuff I watched. Plus work today. :lol

First off, congrats to the Dallas Mavericks. As I stated in an earlier post, I was torn between which team to root for. I wanted Miami to win because of all the hate surrounding their team, and I also wanted Dallas to win because of all the deserving vets on that team. It was hard rooting against Dallas, mainly because of Nowitzki, Stojakovic, and Kidd, and to a lesser extent Caron Butler. I've never liked Terry, and I’ve always been ambivalent about Marion, especially when he was on a GREAT Phoenix team and was pissed about being the third option behind Stoudemire and Nash. And a HUGE congratulations to Mark Cuban, who did all he could to make the Mavs into a first class organization and let his team's play speak for itself.

Regarding Wade and Bosh crying, I don’t see anything wrong with that. Don't forget that Derek Fisher and Kobe Bryant cried after they lost to the Pistons in the finals. Sure we want our sports heroes to be larger than life and man up, but they're only human.

4-2 series victory aside, this series was closer than that. Even though last year's Boston / LA series went the full seven games, it didn't seem as close as this series (remember, LA beat Boston handily in Game 5). Conventional wisdom is that you do not let a team’s superstar beat you. Miami should have double teamed Dirk and let someone else beat them. Wade would have been doubled. Lebron would have been doubled. Kobe would have been doubled. But they decide to defend Dirk with a single defender and they paid the price. Even though Dallas has a murderer's row of three point shooters, Spoelstra has to be regretting that coaching decision.

Most every team has to have their heart broken before becoming champions. The Pistons in the 90’s had to get by the Lakers. Jordan’s Bulls had to get by the Pistons. The Lakers were beaten by the Jazz before they broke through to the NBA finals. Dallas had their hearts broken five years ago when they gave up a two game lead to Miami. Miami will be back, but it's no consolation to their players and their fans. To many woulda / shoulda / coulda's. Defend well in the fourth quarter in game 2 or at least defend Dirk better in the final minute and things could have been different. Defend well in the fourth quarter in game 4, defend Dirk better, or if Wade makes both free throws and things could have been different. Make free throws in game 6 and things could have been different. But the best team won this year.

Heh...not The Heat's fault, but a major faux pas nonetheless. Good job, Macy's.

Full article: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/b...ates-the-Heat-for-a-title-they?urn=nba-wp4900

"Hey, Macy's. You make sensible products sold at reasonable prices. You're in every mall, but you don't let that stop you from providing goods and services for your local clientele that keep your customers happy. You aim to please. And sometimes, you go too far, in that pursuit.

Like taking out an ad in the Miami Herald congratulating the 2010-11 NBA champion Miami Heat. A team that didn't exactly win the NBA championship. Par for the course, with a fine brand that just wants to be at home in the community and offer solid savings to fans of the hometown team. Then, of course, the Miami Herald has to go jump the gun and publish the ad even though the Heat didn't actually win. Even though, had the Heat even won Sunday's Game 6, they still would have left the NBA Finals tied at 3-3, with a seventh game to be played on Tuesday. Way to leave Macy's in the cold, Miami Herald.

Here's the ad:

2uy4z1x.jpg

The Herald has posted a brief correction about the ad. Here it is:

A Macy's advertisement featuring Miami HEAT merchandise was mistakenly published on page 11D of the June 13th edition of The Miami Herald. We regret the error and apologize for any inconvenience."

Back