NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck was Andrew Bynum wearing during the introductory press conference? :lol

Jason was looking professional with a nice jacket but Andrew was wearing a Sixers t-shirt. A very wrinkled t-shirt.

jamison scoring, jordan hill rebounding and shot blocking, meeks finally a quality back up to kobe providing 3 point shooting and wing defense,ebanks young athlete, blake to dribble to the half court. I like our bench alot. and obviously nash orchestrates the offensive flow boy genius.

azurepred said:
on paper, LA for sure has the better starting 5. I think Maimi has the better bench though, not that having a super deep bench proves anything ala Chi and SA, but for Miami, it helps Lebron and Wade get more rest during the regular season.

We also have chris duhon who is solid coming off the bench. I think bench is overrated for the playoffs. Thats when its all about the stars. Bench is vital during the season to give quality minutes so veteran guys don't have to play 40 min every game just to get wins. What I love about the Lakers is they could easily get wins even if kobe and nash have to rest during the regular season. Orlando won games with pretty much just Howard and Nelson.

LOL < :lol !!!! at Spurs fans not even from SA.

Where's the rule that you have to like the team that you live closest to? I always found that :rotfl worthy to be honest. Where are you from? I assume Canada, because that's where Nash is from, since you have no real team and just band wagon jump. Been a spurs fan for 18 years, don't give a crap where I live, I'm as real a fan as there is.

Where's the rule that you have to like the team that you live closest to? I always found that :rotfl worthy to be honest. Where are you from? I assume Canada, because that's where Nash is from, since you have no real team and just band wagon jump. Been a spurs fan for 18 years, don't give a crap where I live, I'm as real a fan as there is.

youre as real a fan as that bandwagon that youve been riding on chump. how sad and pathetic!!!!!!!

We also have chris duhon who is solid coming off the bench. I think bench is overrated for the playoffs. Thats when its all about the stars. Bench is vital during the season to give quality minutes so veteran guys don't have to play 40 min every game just to get wins. What I love about the Lakers is they could easily get wins even if kobe and nash have to rest during the regular season. Orlando won games with pretty much just Howard and Nelson.

Tell that to Mike Miller and Norris Cole.

sure they played well but if any of their 3 stars played crappy, they would have lost no matter what miller and cole did.

There's a real possibility that you are ignoring...

What if the 3 stars played well and Miller and Cole (and Battier) HADN'T played well?! They might have lost regardless of how well the stars played. The thing about the NBA is that stars and superstars play well consistently... that's what makes them stars. supporting cast and the bench, often the biggest variable, can be a huge factor in determining outcome.

The weak bench was one of two reasons why the Heat lost in 2010 to Dallas. Look up the stats from that series and see how poorly the heat supporting cast played and concurrently how well Dallas' reserves performed. Of course, Lebron's meltdown was a huge aspect as well. But had the Heat gotten good bench play? Let's just say that series was 2-1 Heat at one point and could have easily been swayed had someone stepped up like Mike Miller did in game 5 this year.

LOL < :lol !!!! at Spurs fans not even from SA.

So then I guess you're from Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angeles and everywhere else that Steve Nash has played since you're an NBA whore like Bumblewagon?

First rule of trolling, if you're gonna diss make sure the diss isn't applicable to the person making the insult. :lol God you're a dope.

There's a real possibility that you are ignoring...

What if the 3 stars played well and Miller and Cole (and Battier) HADN'T played well?! They might have lost regardless of how well the stars played. The thing about the NBA is that stars and superstars play well consistently... that's what makes them stars. supporting cast and the bench, often the biggest variable, can be a huge factor in determining outcome.

The weak bench was one of two reasons why the Heat lost in 2010 to Dallas. Look up the stats from that series and see how poorly the heat supporting cast played and concurrently how well Dallas' reserves performed. Of course, Lebron's meltdown was a huge aspect as well. But had the Heat gotten good bench play? Let's just say that series was 2-1 Heat at one point and could have easily been swayed had someone stepped up like Mike Miller did in game 5 this year.

honestly the reason why i think the heat lost in 2011 was because lebron dissapeared every fourth quarter and let terry get in his head. if not for that they would have 2 now. not trying to bash. as for guys like cole and miller scoring well in a game with a team like the heat, when that happens you accept the loss and hope it doesnt happen again. same will go with the lakers, if meeks hits 3 for 4 from three and twan scores 20, accept your loss and move on..

honestly the reason why i think the heat lost in 2011 was because lebron dissapeared every fourth quarter and let terry get in his head. if not for that they would have 2 now. not trying to bash. as for guys like cole and miller scoring well in a game with a team like the heat, when that happens you accept the loss and hope it doesnt happen again. same will go with the lakers, if meeks hits 3 for 4 from three and twan scores 20, accept your loss and move on..

No doubt had Lebron showed up in those games the chances are the Heat would have won two in a row already... BUT my point is that the Heat couldnt survive BOTH lebron not playing well and the bench/support not contributing. It had to be one or the other. Instead they got neither and lost.

So then I guess you're from Dallas, Phoenix, Los Angeles and everywhere else that Steve Nash has played since you're an NBA whore like Bumblewagon?

First rule of trolling, if you're gonna diss make sure the diss isn't applicable to the person making the insult. :lol God you're a dope.

I think I may just put him on ignore, never adds anything of value and is just a troll to the worst extent, wasting my time reading and replying to such garbage.

Why put anyone on ignore? You don't have to respond to anything you read, it's your choice to respond. The reality is if you didn't take comments about the Spurs as personally as you do then people wouldn't talk so much s--t, but because you continue to take it personally they keep at it. Just let it go dude, if you really think they are all trolls or bandwagon jumpers whose opinions mean nothing then it shouldn't bother you so much.

Why put anyone on ignore? You don't have to respond to anything you read, it's your choice to respond. The reality is if you didn't take comments about the Spurs as personally as you do then people wouldn't talk so much s--t, but because you continue to take it personally they keep at it. Just let it go dude, if you really think they are all trolls or bandwagon jumpers whose opinions mean nothing then it shouldn't bother you so much.

fair enough.

honestly the reason why i think the heat lost in 2011 was because lebron dissapeared every fourth quarter and let terry get in his head. if not for that they would have 2 now.

I think everyone agrees with that, but it's also pretty obvious that devastation was the best thing that could have happened to him :).

Lebron-James-Stare.jpg

Back