NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sick of hearing everybody say, "best roster in the NBA on paper."

They said the same thing about the Miami Heat with the "Big 3." They reached the Finals their first go round.

Lakers are going to give everybody a run for their money this season and if Howard signs his max contract with them, for even longer.

Age is also not a good argument. OKC was much younger than the Heat but how did that work out for them?

GO LAKERS!!
Until they prove otherwise and bring home a championship, it's only on paper bro. Sorry.

Like any laker fan, we definitely want the lakers to succeed. But we all know that it isn't just talent that wins ball games. On paper, we have tremendous talent; but the team chemistry, coaching and execution remains to be seen.
Until we walk the walk, it's all just talk. We'll see what happens. :wink1:

I'm just hoping that things don't fall apart on us like they did in '04. The Shaq & Kobe feud hitting it's blowing point, Malone hurt his knee, Kobe accused Malone of trying to hit on Vanessa etc...

Hoping that Nash & Howard's back stays healthy.

I'm just hoping that things don't fall apart on us like they did in '04. The Shaq & Kobe feud hitting it's blowing point, Malone hurt his knee, Kobe accused Malone of trying to hit on Vanessa etc...

:exactly: Staying healthy is definately key!

Until they prove otherwise and bring home a championship, it's only on paper bro. Sorry.

Like any laker fan, we definitely want the lakers to succeed. But we all know that it isn't just talent that wins ball games. On paper, we have tremendous talent; but the team chemistry, coaching and execution remains to be seen.
Until we walk the walk, it's all just talk. We'll see what happens. :wink1:

Then it's all on paper with every team. It doesn't matter until the horns sounds at the end if the Finals.

Hopefully the Lakers will be on the winning end of it.
:hi5:
Last time Kobe won gold he followed it with a NBA title. Here's to a repeat.

I'm honestly kind of afraid of the chemistry on the court. While Steve Nash is really professional, Dwight & Kobe's egos might not clash well. But then again Kobe's past his prime, so who knows.

All I know is that I'm beyond stoked for this October!

:yess::yess:

Then it's all on paper with every team. It doesn't matter until the horns sounds at the end if the Finals.

yup. :duff

payton was all washed up, malone a 40 old power forward who couldnt make it to the finals leaving us to start slava medvedenko, shaq was out of shape, unmotivated, close to washed up and mad at kobe and management and kobe was enduring rape accusations and still a lil selfish. I have a strong feeling we're compaRing apples and oranges. completely different cast of characters and situations.

bodie

I agree they weren't on their prime but Malone and Payton weren't as bad as you are making them out to be, I'd take a 40 year old Malone now over most current power forwards.

he was great till he hurt his knee 1/2 way thru the season then was a shell.. payton thrived on defense thru his career and that was gone by the time he reached us.. kobe was very good back then aside from that it was all name and not enough game.. this team today is sCaAaAAarY how well they fit together....

It's not just that. OKC has probably the one guy that can guard Howard by himself without help in Perkins, then you add Ibaka to come over with weak side help.

Obviously that wasn't the only reason, but the biggest. In addition to the stuff you mentioned (although Ibaka coming off of the weak side leaving Gasol free might be dangerous), the Lakers have no one in the second unit as good as Harden is.

Congrats to the U.S. for keeping the gold where it belongs. Spain is TOUGH...the Gasol brothers, Serge Ibaka (how unfair is it that Ibaka gets to play for Spain), Rudy Fernbandez, Juan Carlos Navarro...if Ricky Rubio wasn't hurt, he'd be playing at PG for them as well.

olympics are over...time to start hating lebron again :)

Regular season MVP
Championship
Finals MVP
All Defense 1st team
Olympic Gold

......good luck with that :wave

If 90% of the posters in this thread weren't LA fans, it would be a much different tone in here, there would be a lot more hate on Howard. It's gonna be a ghost town if they don't win it all this year. We'll see if Howard finally grows up and if Nash can stay healthy with that bad back.

I agree they weren't on their prime but Malone and Payton weren't as bad as you are making them out to be, I'd take a 40 year old Malone now over most current power forwards.

No Payton was terrible...watched every game that season. Fisher was clearly better and got all the starts late in the season and the playoffs. Malone was really good...great defense and awesome in the pick and pop. Only problem was he got hurt and we were screwed in the finals.

Back