Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope sideshow realizes they ****ed this Drake up and tries doing Uncharted 4 Drake. They should use the character model instead of sculpting it from scratch though.

Well, the way the character model development is going each game progression.. maybe Hot Toys can do it. Just take Nathan Fillion, possibly drop a few years off his age, and dress him up like Nate, and there you go.. :D

Have HT ever done a Firefly sculpt? lol..

VGM Drake would be good, lot of guns and some other cool accessories like the phruba dagger (if it was a general drake) or some relics.

I'm still surprised Drake ACTUALLY sold out on Sideshow, and that his prices rose elsewhere. Damn, spooktacular ****ing worked for them.

I hope sideshow realizes they ****ed this Drake up and tries doing Uncharted 4 Drake. They should use the character model instead of sculpting it from scratch though.
The sculpt was absolutely fine, three things screwed it up though:
Sideshows usual dreadful paint application.
Sideshows new separate eyeball system (which in most photographed cases warped or widened the head).
The decision during manufacturing to separate the hair from the rest of the head.

The original sculpt that Trevor Grove did is pretty much perfect.

Wasn't perfect in terms of likeness, but definitely not a terrible looking mess that Sideshow produced out of it.

nathan_drake_1_6_by_trevorgrove-d6e4sok.jpg

I think you can get away with the likeness not being perfect for a character like Nathan Drake because his look evolves as each game comes out. Although if the figure is marketed as 'Uncharted 3' rather than just 'Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series', I guess people have the right to be critical..

It's still not as important to me as say Hot Toys getting a Harrison Ford or Robert Downey Jr likeness spot on to me...

I'm still waiting on my Kai Studios outfit and HS to finally finish my U4 Drake, but I guess now after seeing the difference in graphics and design, the head sculpt has more of a resemblance to U3 Drake. Anyways, here's a photo of what it will look like...

What do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418447514.141179.jpg

I like it a lot. It has a video game look. Looks more like Drake than SS but SS looks more like a real person IMO.

You should get the Snake thread going :lol

I'm sure you'd get a lot of orders on that one, although I don't see it being as much of as problem as Drake.

I was looking at getting one of these the other day as I was offered one by a friend, but after ploughing through this thread, Im glad I didn't. SS really did an atrocious job with this figure and its a shocking representation of Nathan Drake.

What baffles me is that I have the PF Nathan Drake and its fantastic and is a brilliant sculpt throughout. What the hell were Sideshow they thinking when they let QA authorise this? Its baffling and quite frankly, a kick in the nuts to people that bought it.

I was looking at getting one of these the other day as I was offered one by a friend, but after ploughing through this thread, Im glad I didn't. SS really did an atrocious job with this figure and its a shocking representation of Nathan Drake.

What baffles me is that I have the PF Nathan Drake and its fantastic and is a brilliant sculpt throughout. What the hell were Sideshow they thinking when they let QA authorise this? Its baffling and quite frankly, a kick in the nuts to people that bought it.

Yeah, there's no doubt about it... the two are completely different beasts..

Yeah, there's no doubt about it... the two are completely different beasts..

Tell me about it.

Hopefully the amount of negative feedback SS received, they'll improve the sculpts for future releases. Its doubtful though as it sold out.

just to reiterate... the SCULPT was perfect. the manufacturing ruined it.

Thats true.

EDIT: Guys, Im new to this figurine collecting stuff, but I need some advice on the best cleaning products for figurines like PF's if possible? sorry for going off-topic. Cheers.

Back