Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it therefore possible to shave down the block and still get everything back together again afterwards?

Still leaves the eyes and hair though.

I'm dreading what SS are going to do to Han and Luke. :panic:
It is possible, unless your hair gets ripped or damaged when you're prying it off.
It's soft vinyl/plastic.

It is possible, unless your hair gets ripped or damaged when you're prying it off.
It's soft vinyl/plastic.

Sounds like it would be risky to try and 'save' the sculpt by taking it apart.

Is there a petition to sign to request SS goes back to solid head sculpts? :gah:

The head is in 3 very messily glued together pieces.. Once you take the large white plastic piece out the Jaws return to their normal proper Trevor sculpted state on their own. They are physical being pushed out by this block of plastic.

Nice pics Stealth.
Yeah, its a fun piece, the eyes and hair though... :slap

Would there be a way to take out the eyes piece, cut them down to just the eye balls and put them back, that way the cheeks would be back to normal?

Sounds like it would be risky to try and 'save' the sculpt by taking it apart.

Is there a petition to sign to request SS goes back to solid head sculpts? :gah:

I really wouldn't do it unless you plan on repainting or reworking the head.
It kinda messes up the Jaw heating process (to a noticeable degree) as well, personally I believe you need to remove the white plastic eye "box"
for that to stay in place, otherwise you are pressing against hard plastic inside the soft vinyl?

Yes, I'm crying already about Hoth Han, not so much Luke, as we have HT sculpts to work with. Watch those loose HT Luke sculpts rocket in price on ebay as soon as SS get their figures out.

:lol

Would there be a way to take out the eyes piece, cut them down to just the eye balls and put them back, that way the cheeks would be back to normal?

Yes, you could dremmel it away pretty easily.

Yes, I'm crying already about Hoth Han, not so much Luke, as we have HT sculpts to work with. Watch those loose HT Luke sculpts rocket in price on ebay as soon as SS get their figures out.

I'm waiting on two Hans and one Luke. That's seven sculpts with possible problems. :thud:

At least four of them will be wearing headgear, three of which have goggles if necessary! :lol

The head is in 3 very messily glued together pieces.. Once you take the large white plastic piece out the Jaws return to their normal proper Trevor sculpted state on their own. They are physical being pushed out by this block of plastic.

Nice pics Stealth.
Yeah, its a fun piece, the eyes and hair though... :slap

Can you upload pictures from all angles of the head unarmed?

Yikes man, those eyes are like something you'd find on a scary skeleton... I get they tried to add the veins for realism, but way overdone and poorly done. I wondered if the plastic piece was the culprit on the shape of the head being distorted... the idea has merit, but they really need to test and retest it to ensure it actually works right :lol

It's soft vinyl/plastic.

Did you try putting the head in hot water first? I've found that usually will loosen up stubborn glue making it easier to disassemble.

Yikes man, those eyes are like something you'd find on a scary skeleton... I get they tried to add the veins for realism, but way overdone and poorly done. I wondered if the plastic piece was the culprit on the shape of the head being distorted... the idea has merit, but they really need to test and retest it to ensure it actually works right :lol

Did you try putting the head in hot water first? I've found that usually will loosen up stubborn glue making it easier to disassemble.

Yes, the eye piece is definitely the culprit in regards to the face distortion. It's crazy big inside the head and boxy, like they really forced it in there.

I didn't use hot water, but I did use hot air. Water would probably have helped. The insides between the layers were literally solid Super/crazy glue. Nothing would shift it, but that could have been just this one, they tend to vary greatly glue-wise. I was actually very surprised how difficult it was to separate and I'm normally reasonably fearless pulling stuff apart.

Very possibly Robbie. But wait till you see the thing in hand it's a proper rectangular block squashed into an organic shape.

Yes, the eye piece is definitely the culprit in regards to the face distortion. It's crazy big inside the head and boxy, like they really forced it in there.

I didn't use hot water, but I did use hot air. Water would probably have helped. The insides between the layers were literally solid Super/crazy glue. Nothing would shift it, but that could have been just this one, they tend to vary greatly glue-wise. I was actually very surprised how difficult it was to separate and I'm normally reasonably fearless pulling stuff apart.

Yeah, there is a lot of variety... I had one Indy head that the hat literally just popped off with minimal effort but another that seemed like it was fused. On the second one I just gave up and painted it with the hat in place :lol

The eyes are just killing this guy. Pull the plastic out and the head looks right. Paint job on the face really isn't that bad, its the eyes that kill it.

zgX4qNg.jpg

llZXNn3.jpg

NBsZPed.jpg

3ua3nSF.jpg

AL42vq3.jpg

FA4sphL.jpg

Back