Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good find on that Flirty Girl set, I always wanted one.

I'm kinda afraid by those Jolie movies, in case they end up butchering what Tomb Raider is. They don't parade her as a sex object in the movie do they? One thing that surprised my in the first reboot (Legend) and its sequels was how they downplayed downplayed that and instead focus on her ongoing quest to find her mother. She's smart, independent, but not without flaws such has that breakdown she had at the end of Legend. The new reboot on the other hand, ughh.

Plus my cable company had this as the synopsis. No thanks.

14322570878_acb1f2ac9b_b.jpg

:lol That sounds awful.

I have that kit, mine doesn't look like that, is it repainted?

No sir. :)

Just got mine today and I think it looks great! Granted I'm new to the hobby so my standards aren't as honed as others ;P. But I think in hand, at actual scale it looks great. When you take huge close ups I think that is what is making it look so bad. The only thing that sucks for me, is that SS sent me the wrong amount of hands! I have double right fists and I'm missing a left trigger. I contacted them so hopefully they'll send me the right ones.

I'll take better photos tomorrow when I have better light. For now here he is

nSR0HEd.jpg

Ok, I used the $20 code and got double the rewards points. Nathan Drake should be in my hands in a week.

Just got mine today and I think it looks great! Granted I'm new to the hobby so my standards aren't as honed as others ;P. But I think in hand, at actual scale it looks great. When you take huge close ups I think that is what is making it look so bad. The only thing that sucks for me, is that SS sent me the wrong amount of hands! I have double right fists and I'm missing a left trigger. I contacted them so hopefully they'll send me the right ones.

I'll take better photos tomorrow when I have better light. For now here he is

nSR0HEd.jpg

Bummer about your double right fists! I'm pretty sure I got double left map holding hands..

Those whose having a long neck syndrome on nathan try pushing it down i see a lot of release with out the long neck. Mine is in transit i cant wait! hopefully mine have no issue. :D

To anyone who has the figure in hand, how does the scale compare to a Hot Toys figure? Is the head too big? Does Drake fit well when displayed with a similar build HT figure?

Wanted to see what some HT PERS eyes would look like. So I removed the crappy SS eyes and added HT Sparrow eyes. Still needs a repaint but I think it looks better. Cheeks were modded as well. :)

10402972_286675348177775_7946411846184252200_n.jpg

10320937_286675304844446_2163830083483195128_o.jpg

Wanted to see what some HT PERS eyes would look like. So I removed the crappy SS eyes and added HT Sparrow eyes. Still needs a repaint but I think it looks better. Cheeks were modded as well. :)

10402972_286675348177775_7946411846184252200_n.jpg

10320937_286675304844446_2163830083483195128_o.jpg
Awesome man. Do you have a pic of the removed eye piece?

I haven't 'undressed' mine, so I have to admit, at this stage the scarf does a pretty good job of hiding the neck..

PERS does look better... but doesn't seem like it fills the sockets as well.

I imagine if you repainted the eye plate he comes with you'd get a good result. Just a touch higher and a bit more detail would really work well.

Back