Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he didn't look like he was stuffing his cheeks full of corn and bird seed to make a winter stash, I'd like him.

I don't know about this figure. People are saying the head sculpt is not that bad, taking pics in the dark, or at different angles to get a good shot. Long necks on some, wonky eyes. I keep wanting to put aside these detractions and buy it, but I just can't. Should I? I have Lara Croft, Raiders Indy and was thinking of doing a pic with all 3 together.

I don't know about this figure. People are saying the head sculpt is not that bad, taking pics in the dark, or at different angles to get a good shot. Long necks on some, wonky eyes. I keep wanting to put aside these detractions and buy it, but I just can't. Should I? I have Lara Croft, Raiders Indy and was thinking of doing a pic with all 3 together.

I originally planned on buying this figure but ended up not preordering it. After seeing the final product I decided it wasn't worth buying because of the head. A custom head sculpt would save this figure for sure, but that is more money spent on it when it was perfect in prototype form. I personally wouldn't buy it, but if someone is a big fan of the games this is probably your best chance to own a 1/6 scale figure of Nathan Drake.

I was on board 100% at first with this figure. Then once the first pics came out, I admit, I panicked and cancelled. Once my initial feeling of being let-down by SSC with the sculpt wore off, I immediately reordered because this is more than likely the only official 1/6 release of Nathan Drake we will probably get. The Uncharted series being my favorite, I do not think I could pass this figure up. Is the production sculpt a bummer? To me, yes it is. Is it enough to make me regret my purchase? No it isn't. The body is really nice, the clothing is well done, the guns are much better than what I've seen from sideshow in the past and although the faux leather accessories (belt, holster, bandolier) do not fit well, they all are made pretty good.

Headless the figure is quite a nice release. With the head, it is par for the course with sideshow.

Should have mine tomorrow, as much as i hate fed ex fee's when going with sideshow, you've gotta love that it takes 3 days from shipping to reach the uk and most of that was it moving across the states, only took 12hrs to reach UK :rock

One that that struck me was them not including one of the most used items in the game which is his journal? i know they give us a map like but would have liked the journal its only a small thing but it would have been a nice touch.

Quick pic of mine with Medicom Link. Drake is not a terrible figure. In fact he looks pretty good from far away. Once you get in close, you start to really notice the short comings. My only real issue is the eyes though. Sideshow really needs to work on it. I know they're new to this, but once they hammer out the kinks we could get some really great looking stuff. All in all I'm happy with him. Might try to fix the eyeballs though.

image.jpg

He looks great there biojex. A normal viewing distance definitely helps the figure. The sculpt sort of disappears into the rest of the figure which was done quite well.

What's with the long neck on some peoples picks? Is the head not pushed down.

That may be the case with mine. I pulled the headsculpt off earlier, but it pulled the anchor out of the neck sheath with it. I think i pushed it back into place, but they're could be a little more pushing needed. I'm not done futzing this figure either. Hopefully I can take a few more better pics.

tumblr_mnmtsdw7381qd0jobo1_250.gif

You should give them a try.

Good find on that Flirty Girl set, I always wanted one.

I'm kinda afraid by those Jolie movies, in case they end up butchering what Tomb Raider is. They don't parade her as a sex object in the movie do they? One thing that surprised my in the first reboot (Legend) and its sequels was how they downplayed downplayed that and instead focus on her ongoing quest to find her mother. She's smart, independent, but not without flaws such has that breakdown she had at the end of Legend. The new reboot on the other hand, ughh.

Plus my cable company had this as the synopsis. No thanks.

14322570878_acb1f2ac9b_b.jpg

Back