Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only reason for this is because I want a Nate figure and this is the only one I reckon we will ever get.

:lecture

My desire to own a quality Drake outweighs any feelings I have about SSC dropping the ball on the production head sculpt.

But I guess people just spend their money whoever they see fit. (at least that's the regular excuse). I don't do model kits.

That's the key. It's someone else money so who gives a damn what they spend it on. Lots of people here get custom figures made that cost $400+. That seems like a waste to me but since it's not my money I don't give a rats bottom. So in the end it's not an excuse it's just a simple fact.

Well I, for one, care very much about what people spend their money on. And I want them to post that information publicly, so I don't have to ask via awkward private messages.

From the neck down this is honestly a 10/10. The accessories don't have the same quality as hot toys but in terms of getting his proportions and look from the game right they have it absolutely spot on. This body is quality. The clothes on this guy are really great too.

If the headsculpt was of a little Better quality this would be a 10 overall. I'm really impressed with everything apart from the head. The pistol Rig is really nice.

I'll be the @ $ $ hole with this comment, but where is the logic of justifying and rationalizing do it yourself adjustment/pair and spending $ and time on a repaint of a head sculpt that for all factual & practical purposes were <CENSORED>ED up by Sideshow for whatever reasons and many are sure as HELL doing their best to make the most of a $170.00 + purchase that is not necessarily worth it by dumping more $ and time into it when it didn't have to be?

I'm in the minority with this perspective and that's fine.

I think it's worth noting that a lot of collectors will probably be happy with Nate as-is; I was happy with a lot of the the Star Wars releases and it wasn't until years later that I started repainting and customizing them. Just my thoughts, but I think many will feel fine with what the spent on the figure, but those that want to go a bit further can and will and when you compare $170 for just about everything you need except for a paint job, or a head that's not too bad.

The only other full custom I've seen offered of Drake was in the $500 range, so relatively speaking $170 plus a bit more isn't too bad.

Well I, for one, care very much about what people spend their money on. And I want them to post that information publicly, so I don't have to ask via awkward private messages.

Exactly... let's all get it out there and have not secrets. Anyone want to share Social Security and credit card numbers? :lol

I just got my Drake, the figure is good, based on what was shown here I am happy it wasnt the super fat Drake. The neck on mine has little brown spots on it, I might have to ask for a new body for SS. Overall he is a decent figure, the body is good and looks natural.

I just got my Drake, the figure is good, based on what was shown here I am happy it wasnt the super fat Drake. The neck on mine has little brown spots on it, I might have to ask for a new body for SS. Overall he is a decent figure, the body is good and looks natural.

Pictures?

i wish sideshow would pinch hot toys idea when it comes to their stands i hate their awkward shaped ones. custom decal and stand it is when i get mine

The head looks big in those pics, but it looks better in person, weird, must be the scarf.

Last edited:
Just got him today. Once you do thee head squish mod and get rid of that scarf its a pretty decent figure.

I just wish I could get him to hold that ak47 properly.

Im thinking of doing an Uncharted 2 custom. If those bodies ever come back on Toy Anxiety il have to grab one fast.

So is that a new stand design from Sideshow? I was thinking I saw something similar for Harley... don't really like it as much as the old round ones, or HT oval. Oh well.

So is that a new stand design from Sideshow? I was thinking I saw something similar for Harley... don't really like it as much as the old round ones, or HT oval. Oh well.

I think the hexagon design is made so figures can connect together leaving more flush space. Sorta like the old Hasbro stands.

Back