Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think your right Robbie. The head was assembled in about 5 different pieces it seems. the face was pressed down over a white piece that has the eyes on it. I am very tempted to remove the white piece and see if the whole face doesnt get slimmer like it was supposed to be originally. Once you guys get your you will see what I mean

Yeah my first move when opening this guy is to strip the head apart.

Yeah my first move when opening this guy is to strip the head apart.
Cant wait to see that! Post pics....this one isnt mine so im not able to rip it apart. I hate that they made the hair seperate. Now there is a visiable seam around the hair meetimg head and the fade from face sculpt to hair is terrible

Cant wait to see that! Post pics....this one isnt mine so im not able to rip it apart. I hate that they made the hair seperate. Now there is a visiable seam around the hair meetimg head and the fade from face sculpt to hair is terrible

I got this for the figure. I have no ties to the game at all so this is just about having a cool looking figure, so this will be an exploratory exercise.

So what was the purpose of the eye plate? Was it to try and achieve a glass eye look? Non moving PERS? Any thoughts from people who have it in hand already?
SS probably had the best of intentions but ended up ruining Trevor's sculpt, I would love to see what the actual eye/pupils look like. Haven't seen a pic posted yet.
Might be worth replacing them entirely.

Last edited:
...I would love to see what the actual eye/pupils look like. Haven't seen a pic posted yet.

There's this image of the Catwoman head showing the eyes:

attachment.php

So what was the purpose of the eye plate? Was it to try and achieve a glass eye look? Non moving PERS? Any thoughts from people who have it in hand already?
SS probably had the best of intentions but ended up ruining Trevor's sculpt, I would love to see what the actual eye/pupils look like. Haven't seen a pic posted yet.

It's something relatively new SS has been doing for the last few 1/6 releases (and even some busts I believe). Started after their 1/6 Joker if I'm not mistaken. But yes, I think the original intent was to add a bit more realism to the figures. It's worked pretty well so far IMO (catwoman's had a few mess ups) but this is the biggest mess up so far.

There's this image of the Catwoman head showing the eyes:

attachment.php

Excellent, thanks for posting. Ok, that looks workable. :duff

It's something relatively new SS has been doing for the last few 1/6 releases (and even some busts I believe). Started after their 1/6 Joker if I'm not mistaken. But yes, I think the original intent was to add a bit more realism to the figures. It's worked pretty well so far IMO (catwoman's had a few mess ups) but this is the biggest mess up so far.

That's pretty cool actually, the only SS figure I have with anything near that is grievous. Thanks for the info mate.

just picked this guy up, i used a reward mastercard i got for joining sky tv last month which had £100 on it and i also applied some reward points from sideshow so got him for £87 so can't moan i effectively didn't pay for him out of my own pocket, will try my hand at the heat and squeeze but may get it repainted.

Before on top after heating and squishing on bottom....

a3uzupav.jpg

yvymeje4.jpg

ururepaj.jpg

I knew it would work! Thanks for having the initiative to try it out. I definitely can see how to salvage this figure with reheating and a full repaint. Since the hair is removable, that just makes my job even easier. Now I'm considering getting him... for cheap that is.

Back