Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that using a good camera does make nice pictures with extra details showing. But it doesn't make a figure better. I noticed all the shots have shadows covering the eyes and taken from an angle or afar to avoid the actual faults of the headsculpt. I admit my photos were poor but I never used any flash and I used normal environmental lighting and showed you all how the sculpt actually looks like out of the box with front and side views. I never said the figure was outright bad and I never told anyone to cancel their orders. I only voiced my own opinion and gave it a decent 7. My main concern were his left eyes, wide jawbones and unmatched skin times. The rest such as body and clothing are good. I hope you guys with the good camera can eventually show us just the close up shots of the head. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wonky headsculpt Nathan Drake is going to look great next to my wonky headsculpt Indy. Two wonky-eyed treasure hunters standing side-by-side. :yess:

Deep down I cry inside as two of my favorite pop culture figures weren't given the 1/6 TLC that so many other figures have had.

well you can always repaint it
IMG_2574.JPG

or change the head

PC190869.jpg

I have to say that using a good camera does make nice pictures with extra details showing. But it doesn't make a figure better. I noticed all the shots have shadows covering the eyes and taken from an angle or afar to avoid the actual faults of the headsculpt. I admit my photos were poor but I never used any flash and I used normal environmental lighting and showed you all how the sculpt actually looks like out of the box with front and side views. I never said the figure was outright bad and I never told anyone to cancel their orders. I only voiced my own opinion and gave it a decent 7. My main concern were his left eyes, wide jawbones and unmatched skin times. The rest such as body and clothing are good. I hope you guys with the good camera can eventually show us just the close up shots of the head. Much appreciated.

You took some great shots of the sculpt in normal light with an iphone. We got to see all it's faults with your photos up-close. I don't think any close-up, no matter how good the camera, will make this figure look any better. The fact remains, that close-ups of most figures really don't flatter sculpts. We love to look at the intricate paintwork and details in a sculpt, but at the end of the day, the details are not even noticed when standing a few feet away from the thing, admiring it on your shelf.

What really turned me around, was the ability to use a coupon code on it and the fact that this really is more than likely the first and last 1/6 Nathan Drake we are going to see. I was doing my self a disservice not owning my favorite video game protagonist.

You took some great shots of the sculpt in normal light with an iphone. We got to see all it's faults with your photos up-close. I don't think any close-up, no matter how good the camera, will make this figure look any better. The fact remains, that close-ups of most figures really don't flatter sculpts. We love to look at the intricate paintwork and details in a sculpt, but at the end of the day, the details are not even noticed when standing a few feet away from the thing, admiring it on your shelf.

What really turned me around, was the ability to use a coupon code on it and the fact that this really is more than likely the first and last 1/6 Nathan Drake we are going to see. I was doing my self a disservice not owning my favorite video game protagonist.

I hear you and thanks for the compliment. I agree that if you look at the figure from a distance it looks very good and very recognisable. I guess you could say that with a lot of figures from a distance. Lol.
I just hope the people that are waiting for this to arrive don't have too much expectations. Be reasonable.

I totally agree with your last paragraph. Since I bought this in HK it's generally abit cheaper and for what I paid to get a close resemblance to a uncharted drake figure. I am like you can't say no to it and who knows if we will get another in the future.

Damn, and here I just thought I was taking pictures of my new figure. :lol Thanks for clearing that up.
:lol

while I kind of have the same sentiments as DFC, I don't think you purposefully tried to hide the less appealing details of the sculpt. Anyone who has seen your photos no that most if not all your photos have the same kind of lighting so it was only natural that these would be no different. However, the truth remains that the shadows over the eyes and what not definitely cover up some those bad details. Regardless, I still hold on to what I've been saying which is a good repaint and maybe a bit of resculpting work at the eyelids and jaw could help this sculpt out. I would love to do it bu then I don't think I'd want to keep the figure. it would just be a fun project.

And great pictures still. I can't (and never will) complain about anyone's photos b/c 1) I don't have a good snazzy camera and more importantly 2) I'm just bad at it :lol so I hardly ever post pics. Only in my Custom thread
Yeah, its called over head lighting. You know, like what most of us have. :rotfl

not everyone :monkey2:

Nice pics Marf.
That looks pretty good to me, far better than the prototype, which looked like Liam Hemsworth.
Far better than the prototype? Have you not been paying attention? :lol I think the majority of peeps buying would rather have that "Liam Hemsworth" sculpt.
It could work but it would be tricky. There was the 1/4 scale Indy figure that some were going to use for the PF. You might have to cast and resculpt some parts.
If recasting & painting is involved then the project is not for me, since I don't do either. Seems like I'm kinda in "Uncharted" waters (
jokedrumf.gif
) with such a project. Thanks for being the only person across 2 threads to attempt an answer :lol

Nice pics Marf.

Far better than the prototype? Have you not been paying attention? :lol I think the majority of peeps buying would rather have that "Liam Hemsworth" sculpt

I have been paying attention, but what does everyone else’s opinion have to do with what I think?

For me personally, if I’m buying a Drake figure, I would prefer it look like him and not some terrible actor that has nothing to do with the franchise, granted the head sculpt could have been better but it does resemble Drake far more than the proto did.

Last edited:
If someone wants to buy me this figure. :lol I'll take pics outside like I do with all my stuff.
I'll send you mine if doilies are promised to make an appearance :pray:
Nice pics Marf.

Far better than the prototype? Have you not been paying attention? :lol I think the majority of peeps buying would rather have that "Liam Hemsworth" sculpt.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The outfit and accessories for this look amazing. Still on the fence about ordering it though.

Yes, it was the outfit and accessories that almost tempted me to pre-order. I have no interest in Uncharted or Nathan Drake the character, but the figure looked good.

If I bought him now I'd simply give him a different head. Any head just so I wouldn't have to permanently display the sculpt in shadow.

Trevor Grove is elite, but his 1/6 version is inferior to his 1/4 version.

sideshow_nathan_drake_2_by_trevorgrove-d5qabu8.jpg

Shrink it, shrink it, shrink it, shrink it, shrink it .....

The outfit and accessories for this look amazing. Still on the fence about ordering it though.

Me too. The head isn't great and I don't want to have to rely on perfect posing or the correct lighting to make it look good. If I bought it, I would be having to spend more cash for a repaint or a new custom head.

It's sad that Sideshow will never own up to the fact that they made a manufacturing mistake with this one and reproduce the heads and send them to the folks that purchased this figure. That would go an insanely long way for company PR but it'll never happen.

Who here would buy a Chloe figure?

This woman right here! She's my favorite character. I would be in heaven.

The recent photos by MM look fab. The scarf is definitely a no go for me. That works well because my PF has the scarf on, so I can keep the scarf off the little guy.

He will arrive Tuesday.

Back