Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe It's the lighting as well. I've had sculpts painted that looked brilliant but in flash pictures looked awful. The belt looks like it won't stay on. Probably like Sideshow Indy.

I wasn't sure if the pink in the eyeball was an error or a reflection from the photographer/something in the room.

Screenshot_2014-06-17-11-55-04.jpg

Maybe It's the lighting as well. I've had sculpts painted that looked brilliant but in flash pictures looked awful. The belt looks like it won't stay on. Probably like Sideshow Indy.

I don't think it's lighting. Really hard flash will drown out the features but it doesn't make it look any uglier.

Same lighting as Wolverine and Wolvie looks fine here while Drake has dead shark eyes.

Has delusion kicked in already?

Lol-
-lighting
-angle
-bad picture
-bad angle
-bad camera
-bad photographer
-flash
-"futzing"(HAHAHAHA)
Am I missing something?

This pos sucks plain and simple. It's fine if some people feel the need to have it (WTF?!) but to make excuses as to why said purchase is justified, is laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. As promised. Just got home and took some photos for you all. Sorry about the iPhone pics. I don't have a good camera. I think I might know why the headsculpt looks weird. I believe his left eye doesn't look the same as his right. Seems to be too much white showing. Thus making his left eye looking bigger. He also has a wide jawbone so that gives him a chubby look. Have a look at the photos and decide what you think.

ahyva2up.jpg

herenu6y.jpg

7apehaqa.jpg

uhe2e6u2.jpg

8a8u2yqy.jpg

nupype3u.jpg

zyvu8uhe.jpg

aqababeb.jpg

7e5u8e8u.jpg

huqymapa.jpg

qyhy3ude.jpg

u4epasy6.jpg

buzu7ady.jpg

asy3u9ym.jpg

nenyga7a.jpg

hy5upeny.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all. As promised. Just got home and took some photos for you all. Sorry about the iPhone pics. I don't have a good camera. I think I might know why the headsculpt looks weird. I believe his left eye doesn't look the same as his right. Seems to be too much white showing. Thus making his left eye looking bigger. He also has a wide jawbone so that gives him a chubby look. Have a look at the photos and decide what you think.

Yes, his left eye is noticeably bigger. Everything from the shemagh down looks good. It's just that head that's so off-putting.

The effect reminds me of the Eagle Eye Action Man/GI Joe:

action-man-eagle-eye-doll-nude-with-brown-hair-2021861232.jpg

Yeah his face looks bad on those pics. But the one Galacticboy posted didn't look as bad. Can you post a pic of his abdomen to see what body he's using? Thanks

So chockles made Drake look slightly better...but not enough for me to buy him at his current high price.

I think either way, I'm standing by my thoughts. That head sculpt is still something awful.

So far I'm counting 1 video and 3 sets of photos, most of which are pretty bad quality.

This one is actually pretty good, again the head is not as good as the proto, but it does not look yellow, as walleyed or distorted as the others :lol These kind of eyes photograph a bit odd... I've seen some really bad shots of the Wolffe head, but in hand it's very impressive.

attachment.php

That looks pretty good. Obviously someone who has a ****ing clue about how to take pictures.

I don't think it's lighting. Really hard flash will drown out the features but it doesn't make it look any uglier.

Same lighting as Wolverine and Wolvie looks fine here while Drake has dead shark eyes.

Flash can kill a picture. It can distort all kinds of things when you take a picture of the collectible.

That looks pretty good. Obviously someone who has a ****ing clue about how to take pictures.

Flash can kill a picture. It can distort all kinds of things when you take a picture of the collectible.

I kinda already said that. But there is no flash in that video, or the photos just posted and it's still horrendous.

Wow Galactic boy's pic does actually make Drake look good, I don't how I didn't see his post :cuckoo:

That video of Drake though, now looks a little more odd...galactic boy's pics don't make the eyes look bad, the video does.

It looks better because his eyes are in shadow. Which is really cheating. :)

Wow Galactic boy's pic does actually make Drake look good, I don't how I didn't see his post :cuckoo:

That video of Drake though, now looks a little more odd...galactic boy's pics don't make the eyes look bad, the video does.

It only looks better because of shadow, but if you need to coordinate your lighting to make a figure look even acceptable... don't buy it.

It looks better because his eyes are in shadow. Which is really cheating. :)

We butted heads with the same thought :lol

Hiding it's face doesn't make it "better."

Just keep your figure in the bathroom with the lights off and it'll look great.

If Snake turns out this bad I'm done with SS for good.

My past 4 orders have all had to be canceled because of quality on the actual final product. Haven't got anything from them in like 6 years now.

I kinda already said that. But there is no flash in that video, or the photos just posted and it's still horrendous.

You maybe said like 1% of that. :lol Flash can totally make something look ugly. Having taken as many photos of Collectibles as I have I got a pretty good idea. Some of the folks here are posting really ****** photos, which gets the natives all crazy. Video can have lighting issues as well. Too much light or to little will also distort things. Those cell phone pics are awful. Only a fool will judge if something really looks good based off a cell phone pics, which some of them have too much light or not enough. Not to mention they're not sharpened enough to give you a good clear look.

Yeah his face looks bad on those pics. But the one Galacticboy posted didn't look as bad. Can you post a pic of his abdomen to see what body he's using? Thanks

Sorry mate. This is my first sideshow figure so Im not sure what type of body it is. I dont want to dismantle his clothes and such, but this body feels weird. His right arm moves side to side much smoother than his left, but both make horrible cranking noises as I attempt to move them up and down.

As for the knees, they make god damn squeeky noises as I move the double jointed knees. Is this the norm for sideshow bodies?

Just keep your figure in the bathroom with the lights off and it'll look great.

If Snake turns out this bad I'm done with SS for good.

My past 4 orders have all had to be canceled because of quality on the actual final product. Haven't got anything from them in like 6 years now.

Well they only have to worry about one eye, hopefully the monkeys that put these things together can manage.

Back