Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You maybe said like 1% of that. :lol Flash can totally make something look ugly. Having taken as many photos of Collectibles as I have I got a pretty good idea. Some of the folks here are posting really ****** photos, which gets the natives all crazy. Video can have lighting issues as well. Too much light or to little will also distort things. Those cell phone pics are awful. Only a fool will judge if something really looks good based off a cell phone pics, which some of them have too much light or not enough. Not to mention they're not sharpened enough to give you a good clear look.

And to the counter, virgins can get so desperate for a new toy they'll do anything to justify it. :lol We have it from the sculptor himself, they messed with his head and the result is crystal clear. He's fat now.

asy3u9ym.jpg

nenyga7a.jpg

hy5upeny.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to the counter, virgins can get so desperate for a new toy they'll do anything to justify it. :lol We have it from the sculptor himself, they messed with his head and the result is crystal clear. He's fat now.

You must not be talking to me then. :lol they tweaked the sculpt but the super up close cell phones pics, bad lighting, etc will have an effect. I'm sorry you don't understand how photos work. :)

Sorry mate. This is my first sideshow figure so Im not sure what type of body it is. I dont want to dismantle his clothes and such, but this body feels weird. His right arm moves side to side much smoother than his left, but both make horrible cranking noises as I attempt to move them up and down.

As for the knees, they make god damn squeeky noises as I move the double jointed knees. Is this the norm for sideshow bodies?

Lol, ok. If it's the Prometheus body than yeah. Always issues. Was just wondering if they're using the same body for Snake Plissken.

I really would have liked to own a Drake one day. I hope they eventually do one from Among Thieves, with an accurate head sculpt.

You must not be talking to me then. :lol they tweaked the sculpt but the super up close cell phones pics, bad lighting, etc will have an effect. I'm sorry you don't understand how photos work. :)

I'm glad you know much more than Trevor Grove who sculpted this and we have you here to tell us what he is saying doesn't matter. :lol He clearly doesn't get how photos work either. Too bad too since that's his whole job.

I'm glad you know much more than Trevor Grove who sculpted this and we have you here to tell us what he is saying doesn't matter. :lol He clearly doesn't get how photos work either. Too bad too since that's his whole job.

That's not what I said. You can tell there is some difference in the one good photo GB posted. However the rest have tons of photo issues, which lead into making the sculpt look certain ways. So you have a two fold issue with a sculpt change and bad photos making it worse.

Wow Galactic boy's pic does actually make Drake look good, I don't how I didn't see his post :cuckoo:

That video of Drake though, now looks a little more odd...galactic boy's pics don't make the eyes look bad, the video does.

To be clear, the photo is not mine... but it was posted and is a good example of natural lighting, no lens distortion and what the figure probably looks like in hand.

It only looks better because of shadow, but if you need to coordinate your lighting to make a figure look even acceptable... don't buy it.

We butted heads with the same thought :lol

Hiding it's face doesn't make it "better."

I don't think the video has flash, but it appears to be in a kitchen or a bathroom (look at the tiles) and likely very bright lighting. Any figure in harsh lighting (especially with these kind of eyes) will not look as good. Not saying this is a home run, but some of the pictures (as is always the case early on) are misleadingly bad.

No doubt it's been altered, but all I've seen is that Trevor said it was changed... but not to what extent. If you have his quote I'd be curious to see it.

I think people are taking that he confirmed it was altered and running with it to their own conclusions. Of course it was altered, his head was a solid one piece sculpt, this production is at least 3 parts. But that's not necessarily saying anything else was altered except opening the eyes and changing the hair line.

Lol, ok. If it's the Prometheus body than yeah. Always issues. Was just wondering if they're using the same body for Snake Plissken.

His upper torso has this soft rubbery feel to it compared to his stomach, if that helps in anway. The skin tone for the hands do not match with the tones on his arms.

As for everyone else fighting over lighting and stuff. My opinion is, his left eye looks to be bigger than his right. He def has a wider jawbone, hence a fatter head. The rest of the outfit are very good. Overall, I would say its the chubby cheeks that throws this off. The eyes gives off this game feel to it, just solid colours instead of how a real eye should look like (Look at sub zero to get a better understanding) I was never happy with the prototype to begin with but I was hoping the HS would improve when the final product comes out. All in all, its not too bad and not the best, with some angles, it does look decent enough, so I would say this gets a 7/10 from me. Nothing is perfect out there, so thats just my 2cents. Enjoy collecting all.

I don't think the video has flash, but it appears to be in a kitchen or a bathroom (look at the tiles) and likely very bright lighting. Any figure in harsh lighting (especially with these kind of eyes) will not look as good. Not saying this is a home run, but some of the pictures (as is always the case early on) are misleadingly bad.

Okay, I can admit it can mislead having flash in photos on some sculpts. But to be honest, I think any amount of illumination is going to make those eyes look bad. Even in the one you posted, sure it looked better but it was only due to the brow ridge shadow and the left eye looks wonky in it.

I think the biggest problem is the pink around the irises and the color of the irises themselves that gives it that dead eye look, not to mention his chubby jaw.

Taking pictures and video will not duplicate what you see with your own eye in person. There's always certain conditions to deal with when taking pics. When I sell figures I usually take pics by the window to get natural lighting. They usually come out the way I see them with my own eyes for the most part. Still getting this figure though.

Good thing I don't have lights or electricity in my house.

:lol

Jesus, I just Googled "conjunctivitis" to find a witty picture to post. 'cause Drake has it bad.
Sorry I did, I clicked off that page of images pretty quickly.. *vom*

That's not what I said. You can tell there is some difference in the one good photo GB posted. However the rest have tons of photo issues, which lead into making the sculpt look certain ways. So you have a two fold issue with a sculpt change and bad photos making it worse.

I get what your saying. But..
Good pics of a good head sculpt = Great pics.
Good pics of a bad head sculpt = OK pics.
Bad pics of a good head sculpt = OK pics.
Bad pics of a bad head sculpt = Awful pics.

The head looks very poor to me in all the pics I've seen, even the one GB posted which has tried to be flattering to the sculpt and EYES. Good pics or bad pics. Anyway look at the stupid seam running down the top of the shiny plastic forearm!!

And that youtube video with Wolverine is the clincher, I have Wolvie and he looks exactly like that, so why would Drake look different....yikes!!

Last edited:
Not a bad picture right? Once I covered up his fat chipmunk cheeks. Lol
yqetutyb.jpg

Not a bad picture right? Once I covered up his fat chipmunk cheeks. Lol
yqetutyb.jpg

he's on meth, or something..
freaky.

I wonder if it's the same person working on the eyes that ruined Grievous by painting pink squiggles all over his eye plate.
:lol

Back