Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure definitely has its issues. Dear sweet jesus what the heck were they thinking? This is a high end toy company, no?.

Aside from that, I have the Lara 1/6 and as much as I'm itching to cancel this incredibly scary Nate, I just can't do it. It's one of my last collectibles coming in (for good) and I would rather see it in hand, and decide from there if I want it or not.

I never sold my Lara, and you know what that thing looks like. :/

This figure definitely has its issues. Dear sweet jesus what the heck were they thinking? This is a high end toy company, no?.

Aside from that, I have the Lara 1/6 and as much as I'm itching to cancel this incredibly scary Nate, I just can't do it. It's one of my last collectibles coming in (for good) and I would rather see it in hand, and decide from there if I want it or not.

The thing about Lara tho is it's old and figures now have a much much higher standard to live up to.

She looks diseased, but she fetches ludicrously high prices on eBay. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out the same for Drake? One can hope. :lol

I bought Lara and was surprised by the head sculpt, but I kept her. I was really looking forward to Drake, but the pictures look nothing at all like the proto, and I can't see how any new pictures can change that. Unless those that already have him changed the head sculpt themselves I don't see how I can accept it as it is. Why can't Sideshow make a definitive head sculpt, paint it then post pictures? It would save a lot of confusion.

Looks like another case of someone posting unfutzed pics with a bad lens and bad lighting. Let's wait until we get at least one more picture before we start calling fiasco.

Or is on dope. :lol :slap

I think with a repaint, Drake might look half decent at best. Either that or another interest thread for a new head incoming. Either way, we all pay more. :mad:
Yeah, since the problem is the sculpt honestly...unless they painted him to look stretched out.

I bought Lara and was surprised by the head sculpt, but I kept her. I was really looking forward to Drake, but the pictures look nothing at all like the proto, and I can't see how any new pictures can change that. Unless those that already have him changed the head sculpt themselves I don't see how I can accept it as it is. Why can't Sideshow make a definitive head sculpt, paint it then post pictures? It would save a lot of confusion.

I stripped the paint off the headsculpt and to my disappointment it was just Angelina Jolie rather than being game accurate.

Not to mention every single unit was crossed eyed.

14257810420_bd3a9263d1.jpg

Last edited:
When Lara first came out, mine had QC problems with the outfit, paint application, and articulation. I contacted Sidshow Customer Service at the time and received a less than stellar attitude & response from the rep. I did end up getting it replaced at Sideshow's expense for return shipping, etc. after I spoke with a higher up and conveyed my disappointment of the figure and disdain for the customer service rep. The replacement was better, but I had very bitter experience with Sideshow Customer Service and didn't think highly of them for sometime after that, but they improved their service over the years and addressed a few issues in between much better than before so my view of them turned around.

The issue is with the figure and their Customer Service is tied by what their leadership/management dictates to them with regards to what they can acknowledge and say over the phone and by e-mail. Moreover, I understand they're a bit weary of collectors like ourselves because they're familiar with the SSF members who are customers because of online reputation. Whether they admit it or not, they do keep tabs on what is said at the SSF elsewhere.

Over the years, I do believe their Customer Service has been through the ringer in various ways due to quality control issues which they don't control and they're only following through on their policies. I do suspect that Customer Service can only take so much before and with personnel changes we may possibly encounter some reps who don't care. They're just following orders, but I digress.

Thus far, I've not had another bad experience phone wise or e-mail wise with their customer service other than the incident with Lara years back, but I do empathize with them because of the backlash regarding the Nathan Drake figure and other fiascos over the years on the products and their hands are tied.

Looks like another case of someone posting unfutzed pics with a bad lens and bad lighting. Let's wait until we get at least one more picture before we start calling fiasco.

How many photos you've seen ? There are like 10 diferent photos, a video and a review of the figure.

Last edited:
So far I'm counting 1 video and 3 sets of photos, most of which are pretty bad quality.

This one is actually pretty good, again the head is not as good as the proto, but it does not look yellow, as walleyed or distorted as the others :lol These kind of eyes photograph a bit odd... I've seen some really bad shots of the Wolffe head, but in hand it's very impressive.

attachment.php

I was an environment artist on Uncharted 3, so I am pretty familiar with Nathan Drake. All I can say is SS got it so wrong. I really wanted this figure to commemorate my time working on the game, but I'm not willing to plunk down 170 bucks on something that looks that bad.

Looking at that last pic, it looks like part of the issue with the eyes is that heavy pink outline. His lips are a little dark too.

He's got pink in his left eye, next to his iris which makes his eyes look like their not uniform with each other and the left eye isn't looking straight.

Back