Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chockles , you can post good pictures when you have this in hand please and a little review ?

Hey guys. I'm just at toy hunters aka hot toys. A quick opinion of the figure. First of all, the warranty. There's only a 14 day return if there's damage to the figure. That is all. The policy is just the same as their own hot toys products. No refund.

Now for the figure. The box is slim. Just the same as the threezero walking dead pets one. It shares the same open front flap with a window view inside. I have to say overall from the quick glance, it's not that bad. Everything about the clothing is good.

To the headsculpt, especially the eyes. They are big, but more like in a game character sort of way. I don't think sideshow are going for the real life look that you see in hot toys accurate movie figures. The eyes remind me of the world box sub zero. It has a solid colour pupil and game like feel to it.

That's just from a quick observation view at the shop. Once I get home I will try and post some close up headshots of the figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finishing resculpting and repainting Trevor's old Lara Croft, also by Sideshow. I think I'll have to do the same to Drake if I get him.

C'mon Sideshow, we're not buying model kits here! :lol

14256868569_6f39771370_c.jpg

I think anyone who buys this and says meh I'll just repaint it is a dope, like why pay that much then just spend more money to get it right?

I think anyone who buys this and says meh I'll just repaint it is a dope, like why pay that much then just spend more money to get it right?

Excellent post. THIS is where the problem lies.

People giving SSC a pass. **** that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or is on dope. :lol :slap

I think with a repaint, Drake might look half decent at best. Either that or another interest thread for a new head incoming. Either way, we all pay more. :mad:

Thanks brother Pliss! Now to start planning for a contingency for the SCC Snake Plissken..

I pray it doesn't come down to that... I never bought a SSC figure outside of Vader, which I was very happy with but they completely botched the unmasked head. They just can't do human figures well at all.

Or is on dope. :lol :slap
Or has dope painting skills.

I understand it's preferable for SSC to offer a quality product right out of the box, but if you see it's not up to the standard you want, but are prepared to improve it yourself, & have the skills to, if you get a satisfying figure out of it, why not?

I'm curious to see how it turns out if you do give it a repaint. Must be pretty cool to have that skill.

I pray it doesn't come down to that... I never bought a SSC figure outside of Vader, which I was very happy with but they completely botched the unmasked head. They just can't do human figures well at all.

Uh oh. Define "botched ". :lol

I understand it's preferable for SSC to offer a quality product right out of the box, but if you see it's not up to the standard you want, but are prepared to improve it yourself, & have the skills to, if you get a satisfying figure out of it, why not?

I'm curious to see how it turns out if you do give it a repaint. Must be pretty cool to have that skill.

Oh thanks Lawrence, it's practice and patience, but I'm no pro. From what I can tell, Drake's paint app is pretty bad, certainly not worth your hard earned cash. Now if SCC were to lower the price so we can get our heads to be commissioned by a professional painter here on SSF, that would be tempting. :lol

Aside from Lara, I don't own any Sideshow products. is this always the case?

Uh oh. Define "botched ". :lol

The paint was passable, no complaints about it. But the problem was how the head was glued into the bottom of the mask. The head was crookedly put in. I asked for a replacement and they sent me another head with the same problem...

I got lucky otherwise, no problems with the figure at all. But people were getting broken pieces of the mask, and lights that didn't work.

The paint was passable, no complaints about it. But the problem was how the head was glued into the bottom of the mask. The head was crookedly put in. I asked for a replacement and they sent me another head with the same problem...

I got lucky otherwise, no problems with the figure at all. But people were getting broken pieces of the mask, and lights that didn't work.

Okay, I'm now officially scared of Sideshow. They're like PAKs, :lol

I understand that but we are talking about $170 figure here, it should be perfect right out of the box, it looks like Adventure Ken to go with your Tomb Raider Barbie :p

This ships Wednesday or Thursday. Most should have the figure by next week.

If anyone who has a Facebook account could post pics coming in through there it would be greatly appreciated. :duff

Im new to this hobby and I gotta ask... does this happen often!? By the reactions on this thread it doesn't seem to be the case, but still, I'm curious.

The freaking out... yes, all the time :lol

Trevor confirmed that man, he said it is his; but they modified the sculpt. This is what they did:

They molded Trevors, used probably hydrospan 100 grow cast (water to grow it), molded it again and casted. Then cut the seem around hair fixed eyes for sockets. Them took the 2 halves and molded it and used hydrospan 400 shrink cast (water to shrink it) and that's why it's distorted. Even Denny said when Q did recasts of Cowboy it causes the sculpt to distort cause it's not original.

https://www.industrialpolymers.com/category/all-products/

No doubt the sculpt was altered, the hair alone is enough to know that. But where are you getting this hydroshrink and span theory from? I'd think it's just as likely they made a cast of the original, made the alterations and then sent it for production. Why would there be a need to expand and shrink it?

I'd say it's also just as likely the design of the head is what's causing distortion to the face. There was a very good image someone took of the Wolffe head in peices, the skin of the face is wrapped around a plastic insert.

Oh thanks Lawrence, it's practice and patience, but I'm no pro. From what I can tell, Drake's paint app is pretty bad, certainly not worth your hard earned cash. Now if SCC were to lower the price so we can get our heads to be commissioned by a professional painter here on SSF, that would be tempting. :lol

Aside from Lara, I don't own any Sideshow products. is this always the case?
The SSC figures I own (Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Storm Shadow v2) don't really need to copy a certain look exactly, so there is freedom there. So it comes down to whether you like the artistic direction of those figures, rather than whether it looks like a certain version of the character. With Drake & portraits based on real life peeps, it's different. I don't really have that experience with figures of that kind from SSC.
I understand that but we are talking about $170 figure here, it should be perfect right out of the box, it looks like Adventure Ken to go with your Tomb Raider Barbie :p
I guess peeps have different tolerance levels. Actually, if the figure cost me $170, I might be thinking more about whether I want to bother with it, but it's $139.99 for me. Using one of those frequent SSC discount codes might makes things a bit more tolerable for some, but not for others.

Back