Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp I just canceled mine and let them know it was because the head sculpt in review pictures looked nothing like the prototype.

--

I did when I cancelled mine over the weekend, but unlikely Sideshow will acknowledge any/all such comments.

The bottom line is that they produced a 1:6 figure and demand/expect customers to buy it regardless of issues. They want our $. That's the bottom line. If we cancel, then it'll end up being sold to someone else who don't know any better or care.

It's unlikely they won't acknowledge the royal F up but they take notice if a large number of preorders suddenly get cancelled. I cancelled my Plissken figure also.

If sideshow cares about their reputation and the reputation of the artists, remember Trevor Grove's name is attached to that sculpt, then they should do what is right and fix the problem. Thing is, they will have to take a loss and rather than do that, they rather hold on to the stock they have and wait for the folks who don't care to buy it.

If I do buy this down the line I will go through another dealer. Rather help someone else clear their stock than SSC.

^well, by doing that, you are also supporting SSC screw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This I know, but it helps the smaller retailer rid this thing from their shelves while SSC has one more that can sit in their warehouse.

In a perfect world I buy the pieces I want from eBay and call it a day.

For some reason in every place i've posted everybody has something bad to say about it but not one person says they email sideshow or discussed this with a Rep. Im very active about it because other companys have recalled their figure why cant sideshow do it too?? the Snake figure I was so ecxited about it that I pre ordered within seconds of the pre order time so I do not wish to get a crappy figure I already started paying it and if I cancel I loose my payment. I am ok if they push it back for quality controls like hot toys did with spiderman or other times.

Funny how whenever this figure was released everyone hated the head sculpt, saying it looked nothing like Drake and it was terrible. Now, everyone wishes this POS was as good as the prototype. Ohh the irony. Cancelled.

But... Isn't it SUPPOSED to be Drake?

Im not sure why ppl will settle for ****. Don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. SSC has never really FULLY captured the likeness in their figures, and with that in mind, I thought the prototype looked quite impressive. And I was so excited to finally get a 1/6 Nathan Drake figure. But I'll be saving my $175 for something that's not complete garbage like this pile of crap that SSC calls a figure

I am going back and forth on this piece. I actually canceled it this morning, but got to thinking that I'd order again with the hope that it's not this jacked up in-hand; and if it is, I can call Sideshow for a return (hopefully scoring some points or some credit to use toward some of the other figures I have ordered).

The original unpainted sculpt that Trevor did was Drake 100%, the proto paint didn't really seem to do it justice but at least it looked good, like a high end collectible should.
This production version is just awful, even though Trevor sculpts for a living, it's gotta hurt seeing your art turned into this, he tries to get each sculpt as accurate as possible and then SS **** it right up !.
I don't get how even though the process in production for this and the clones, how come the clone head sculpts look so much better ?.

Be curious how this fairs after more people have it in hand... so far I'm seeing a lot of really bad photos. Best one so far looks like a bobble head, but it's pretty obvious the angle is top down.

Have a feeling this will fair a touch better, but Sideshow needs to be careful with this new head style they are using. I think on some figures having the separate eyes can really add some depth, but if not tightly done it looks weird. It seems to have worked really well on the Wolffe heads, sure if you blow them up to life size you can see a seam, but in hand very nice work.

I am going back and forth on this piece. I actually canceled it this morning, but got to thinking that I'd order again with the hope that it's not this jacked up in-hand; and if it is, I can call Sideshow for a return (hopefully scoring some points or some credit to use toward some of the other figures I have ordered).

I felt the same way yesterday and considered the same return scenario as you. Then I realized that I don't want to waste my time getting this thing, only having to return it a few days later (at my expense).

Better to just let some other folks get theirs and provide some more feedback. So far, the select few who have it, say it's awful in hand. That's what made me just go ahead and cancel.

Well I've been seriously debating getting Captain Harlock and this pushed me to move my preorder to that. So I'm at least thankful that SS took the choice away for me. Can't really go wrong with Hot Toys. :)

Back