Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Drake was modeled after Nathan Fillion? I remember David Hayter mentioning that he actually called Nathan when he first played Uncharted, thinking Fillion was voicing and facial capturing Drake. :lol

I read it on Wikipedia a while back that he was modeled after Knocksville :lol. But, now that you mention it, he does have more of a resemblance to Nathan Fillion.

I read it on Wikipedia a while back that he was modeled after Knocksville :lol. But, now that you mention it, he does have more of a resemblance to Nathan Fillion.

Well, it's almost no coincidence that both guys have the same first name and Drake is almost an exact copy in terms of personality (more so than the looks) of Captain Malcom Reynolds from Firefly.

It's the same case where Solid Snake was a direct copy of Snake Plissken but somehow Naughty Dog doesn't seem to acknowledge this. Anyhoo, at least Nathan Fillion was lobbying to play Drake in the Uncharted movie, now that I'll pay to see!

Oh, Naughty Dog also got Greg Edmonson, composer of Firefly to do all the Uncharted games, and Firefly was mentioned in the making of videos in the first game. That's a dead give away if there ever was one. :lol

Last edited:
While there is definatly some Nathan Fillion and Jhonny Knoxville in Nathan Drake; ive always found Drake to have a very close resemblance to Eddie Mcclintock.

Wow. Tough crowd here.

When I first saw photos of this figure from SDCC, I truly thought it was a Hot Toys figure. I thought the quality looked tremendous. All the photos I've seen of this guy look amazing, with fantastic details on his accessories. His head sculpt in particular I thought looks brilliant--like HT quality. There's something about this figure's head, along with the new Luke and Han, that look like a leap forward in the evolution of Sideshow's figures. They look like production-quality HT figures, not just really good protos.

Now, I know nothing of the character or video game he's from, so I have no real interest or stake in the figure. But I thought I would chime in and say that, at least as an impartial third party, this figure looks fantastic.

This figure looks nothing like Hot Toys quality. If anything, the sculpt looks even more awful, than what's arguably the worst Hot Toys figure ever produced - the DX05 Indiana Jones.

:lol Like I said, tough crowd!

But I see that many are criticizing the likeness. And like I mentioned before, I'm not familiar with the game or anything. I'm looking at it purely from a quality point of view, not whether it looks like who it's supposed to.

And you are spot on with comparing it to HT's Indy. The likeness is terrible, but you can't deny that the quality of the finishes on Indy isn't top tier. And that's what I see when I look at this figure--top tier finishes that surpasses what Sideshow has done in the past, and on par with what HT does. Again, nothing to do with the likeness, just quality of materials and finishes.

I agree, the clothes, and accessories are fantastic! Spot on. I just hope that they fix the head-sculpt :(.

You are correct. This is Hot Toys quality. And to me atleast, that is why it is so dissapointing. Finally Sideshow has gotten to the point where it is capable of producing Hot Toys results, and this is the product. The failures of this likeness have nothing to do with the capability of the company but rather poor choices in the painting and sculpt.

Personally the light brown hair and the lack of stubble bother me more than the likeness.

These protos (Nathan, Luke and Han) look very different than Sideshow's regular old protos. They actually look like production quality HT.

From Invictus Sol:

Yep, poster over at Rebelscum that went to SDCC asked a couple of Sideshow reps and got the same answer from both:

Originally Posted by Turbowars @ Rebelscum Forum
Talked to 2 different ssc reps and they told me the head sculpts are 100% ssc and the eyes are not PERS, but the eyes are separate from the face to give depth.These new figures are being molded in correct skin tone and only shadow and pigment is being painted.

So it seems that Sideshow IS doing something different with the head production. And while you're right to think that Sideshow still has the chance of screwing up their final production pieces, I personally think the new quality of their protos bodes well for the final product.

How are there people who still haven't played these games yet?! Especially Uncharted 2. If you haven't played that game you are doing yourself a GREAT disservice.

And that applies to EVERYBODY...

I still want this really, really bad but if they don't fix that headsculpt, not buying... theirs so much I'm buying already, wouldn't want to pre-order another figure and be disappointed with it, lol.

Agree with mad old Lou, this is a massive step up for sideshow and its great to see.

This is an instant pre order for me. The ex, if they do one, straight from sideshow!

Looks like Daniel (Brazilian singer).

daniel.jpg

All I know is I will absolutely regret it if I don't get this. They always look better in hand and i know many people who skipped Lara and regret it, even though she is less than perfect.

How are there people who still haven't played these games yet?! Especially Uncharted 2. If you haven't played that game you are doing yourself a GREAT disservice.

And that applies to EVERYBODY...

I have a friend who has a PS3 and only a PS3....he still hasn't played a single Uncharted game...I even bought him a copy for christmas one year...still hasn't played it...somethings not right with him...

All I know is I will absolutely regret it if I don't get this. They always look better in hand and i know many people who skipped Lara and regret it, even though she is less than perfect.

Yeah, there's no way I'm not getting this. I'm too big a fan and the quality of the figure is too good, despite the subpar likeness of the sculpt.

Last edited:
Wow. Tough crowd here.

When I first saw photos of this figure from SDCC, I truly thought it was a Hot Toys figure. I thought the quality looked tremendous. All the photos I've seen of this guy look amazing, with fantastic details on his accessories. His head sculpt in particular I thought looks brilliant--like HT quality. There's something about this figure's head, along with the new Luke and Han, that look like a leap forward in the evolution of Sideshow's figures. They look like production-quality HT figures, not just really good protos.

Now, I know nothing of the character or video game he's from, so I have no real interest or stake in the figure. But I thought I would chime in and say that, at least as an impartial third party, this figure looks fantastic.

Agreed. I thought it was HT when I first saw it as well.

And like HT likeness is not always perfect.

From my understanding/From what I've seen in the thread, is that everyone agrees the figure looks great quality wise. Just the sculpt is what hurts it. That seems to be the agreed upon consensus.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and angles.

I myself will surely po. The quality looks top notch and i should remind you, it's quite difficult to get the sculpt of a videogame character right.

Back