Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm ok with the EU cuts, since I'd hate to be nitpicky about episode 7 not following any one book. As for the no more EU statues, I can still hope and prey for some kind of Delta Squad statue, 1/6th, or pretty much anything Republic Commando, haha

Will they fulfill existing pre-orders on the Maul and Vader Mythos statues? Does anyone know if these mean they have halted production or are simply not developing anything else in this line?

Will they fulfill existing pre-orders on the Maul and Vader Mythos statues? Does anyone know if these mean they have halted production or are simply not developing anything else in this line?

They way it sounded was they are no longer allowed to make new pieces. I would think they are obligated to at least fulfill the ES of the available statues as those are already produced and sold. Not 100% sure.

They way it sounded was they are no longer allowed to make new pieces. I would think they are obligated to at least fulfill the ES of the available statues as those are already produced and sold. Not 100% sure.

I really hope so because I have paid a NRD on that item and have been paying it via flex pay. Someone let me know please if you have heard anything regarding current orders of the mythos line. You would think they would remove them from the site if they will not full-fill current pre-orders!

I personally read it as a reset and they did says that everything (tv, comics, books, games) in the future will be canon so I think it's likely they'll reintegrate some characters in the lore and make them official. Like Revan, Malgus, Korriban....

i think they would have communicated such a thing to the people who have it on order, if they weren't going to sell it anymore.

I really hope so because I have paid a NRD on that item and have been paying it via flex pay. Someone let me know please if you have heard anything regarding current orders of the mythos line. You would think they would remove them from the site if they will not full-fill current pre-orders!

You will be fine. This announcement was only to state that there will be no NEW Mythos characters introduced into this line. All orders and preorders for the old characters are still okay. You can still order Vader and Maul on the site and Kenobi may be coming back in-stock as well.

I think the whole move is really bold. Somewhere some suits discussed the continuity and integration of EU and they said "nope, let's drop everything and relaunch". That's heavy. I hope my SW comics keep coming.

Not sure how this will effect EU stuff. Will this increase value as limited production first gen SW or is everything a big write-off?

In some ways I'm happy with the move. I just wish we could dump the prequels with it and start those over...Lucas was dragging the franchise to the ground.

I think the whole move is really bold. Somewhere some suits discussed the continuity and integration of EU and they said "nope, let's drop everything and relaunch". That's heavy. I hope my SW comics keep coming.

Not sure how this will effect EU stuff. Will this increase value as limited production first gen SW or is everything a big write-off?

In some ways I'm happy with the move. I just wish we could dump the prequels with it and start those over...Lucas was dragging the franchise to the ground.

There will still be Star Wars comics. Dark Horse will keep publishing their stuff until the end of the year and then hand the franchise over to Marvel in 2015. The question is whether there will be as many Star Wars comics. With as little as Marvel has exploited Disney's properties so far, I don't see them doing more than a couple concurrent Star Wars comics at any given time.

As for current EU material becoming more valuable, I think it depends. I don't think Del Rey will necessarily let the old novels go out of print. And even if they did, those books are so common that they could never really gain any value. The comics might be a different story since they're actually switching publishers. Dark Horse will have to stop printing trade paperback collections once they lose the license. And who knows how quickly Marvel will pick up that baton, or in what formats. It could easily result in a situation like G.I. Joe. When that franchise switched from Devil's Due to IDW a few years ago, some of the newer Devil's Due trades like the World War III collection were under-printed and got pretty expensive.

All Disney has really said is that old EU stories will be labeled under the "Legacy" banner going forward. So we might still see new novels and comics set in the old EU, just with the understanding that they're not set in the same continuity as the new movies. There's only so much publishers like Marvel and Del Rey can really do right now with the new official Star Wars timeline until it's ironed out and the movies set the parameters for what does and doesn't happen after RotJ. If they want to tell stories set before or after the movies, they might have to do it in Legacy form for now.

Oh never mind I'm sorry Barriss Offee still has a story. Thanks to Filoni and co. she is a scrawny, whiny padawan who for no apparent reason turns into a murdering psychopath on a dime!

I hated what they did with Barriss as well. That cartoon is more miss than hit. I don't know why they are considering it canon except for the fact that George Lucas had more involvement in it compared to the comics, books, and whatever else.

I wish Sideshow was quicker with this stuff. They had Adam Hughes drawing Mara I guess but someone was too slow. Now we won't get her even as a Mythos statue. I guess we can add her to the teased yet nothing list from Sideshow. She would have been one of their best too. I wonder how Kotobukiya's contract works regarding Mara. Maybe I'll get two just in case she ends up going for crazy prices.

I think people put too much weight on canon status. Pick and choose for yourself as to what constitutes the Star Wars you love. I don't acknowledge the Clone Wars CGI cartoons. The prequel era for me is basically the trilogy, Tartakovsky's Clone Wars, and the Dark Horse comics.

I couldn't care less about anything post-ROTJ or pre-TPM. Never read any of it and I never will.

Decided to toss my Vader and Maul mythos statues on ebay. Hopefully they sell quickly as I want to try and track down a LOTR piece I use to own.

Decided to toss my Vader and Maul mythos statues on ebay. Hopefully they sell quickly as I want to try and track down a LOTR piece I use to own.

You probably won't get much but their normal SRP, maybe even less because those 2 are the only ones still available to buy on SSC site.

You probably won't get much but their normal SRP, maybe even less because those 2 are the only ones still available to buy on SSC site.

Possible. I have it set to accept offers so hopefully something good happens.

I think people put too much weight on canon status. Pick and choose for yourself as to what constitutes the Star Wars you love. I don't acknowledge the Clone Wars CGI cartoons. The prequel era for me is basically the trilogy, Tartakovsky's Clone Wars, and the Dark Horse comics.

I couldn't care less about anything post-ROTJ or pre-TPM. Never read any of it and I never will.

We care because that means there won't be statues of those as disney doesn't seem to want them. If they could then yeah I would completely dismiss the utter crap that is the prequel trilogy and the clone wars, but as they have a direct impact on my interests I can't.

There are some great EU stories IMO, especially Thrawn Trilogy and Shadows of the Empire to name just two - I like these more than the Prequels. I'm not interested in Clone Wars at all. Thus in the end I simply don't care if LFL / Disney decide X or Y is canon. If I like a story I read it (and buy it). If not, I don't, no matter if it is LFL / Disney canon or not.

Back