Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After page 4 this thread gets hard to read....

Agreed. Which is pretty bad since I wrote most of it.

But what have they done that's resulted in a tangible product yet? I'm not even sure what you mean by "focusing on the kid stuff."

They haven't made a tangible product yet. The only thing they have handled is the cannon. And they screwed it up. They focused on kid stuff by throwing out great stories while keeping the juvenile Clone Wars stuff instead while going ahead with Rebels which look even more childish than the Clone Wars.

I don't know how much of Clone Wars you've actually watched, but that's a pretty dark show at times. Especially in the later seasons. And I think the talk of Rebels being a lighter show has been blown way out of proportion. Reading interviews with Dave Filoni makes it clear they're just striving for a tone more in line with Episode IV. Less war and death, more adventure and space fantasy. That sounds just fine to me.

Obviously you don't like Clone Wars, so maybe you don't have much reason to be psyched for Rebels. But I thought it was a pretty great show (droid slapstick notwithstanding), and the addition of Greg Weisman to the mix has me more excited for Rebels than the new movies right now. And regardless, I still think you're being too quick to judge what Disney is doing with the Star Wars franchise when they haven't released anything significant yet. You're judging it based on what you think they're not doing as opposed to what they will eventually produce.

I wouldn`t count on more TCW Statues, because as far as a know, the copyrights belongs to Cartoon Network/Warner, and the Series is almost "dead"...so no interest from Disney to push this Show anymore...:lecture

And the Disney Release Order to Hasbro from some month ago, was:
-No more EU Figures
-move away from PT
-Focus on OT, especially ROTJ (that would make sense with the suprise of a second ROTJ Boba Fett PF and the ROTJ Vader PF! :wink1: )
-Rebels ahead
-Episode 7 ahead

My personal hopes are for some Rebels Cade Bane and Embo, i think, they would look fantastic in a realistic Style as a Statue...:rock

And we already got a hint in a Concept Sketch, and Dave Filoni seems to love this guys too...
https://thewookieegunner.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/sabine-graffiti-star-wars-rebels01.png

But i would also gladly take a (Rebels?) Ashoka, (Rebels?) Ventress, and maybe the Mandalorian Chick (Sabine?) and the female Twilek Pilot Hera......i like tough SW Babes...:dance

Edit:And the chances for a Leia/Boushh PF are now getting higher!

we might get Rebels Statues.. not sure if thats something I would get TBH..

I wouldn`t count on more TCW Statues, because as far as a know, the copyrights belongs to Cartoon Network/Warner, and the Series is almost "dead"...so no interest from Disney to push this Show anymore...:lecture

And the Disney Release Order to Hasbro from some month ago, was:
-No more EU Figures
-move away from PT
-Focus on OT, especially ROTJ (that would make sense with the suprise of a second ROTJ Boba Fett PF and the ROTJ Vader PF! :wink1: )
-Rebels ahead
-Episode 7 ahead

My personal hopes are for some Rebels Cade Bane and Embo, i think, they would look fantastic in a realistic Style as a Statue...:rock

And we already got a hint in a Concept Sketch, and Dave Filoni seems to love this guys too...
https://thewookieegunner.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/sabine-graffiti-star-wars-rebels01.png

But i would also gladly take a (Rebels?) Ashoka, (Rebels?) Ventress, and maybe the Mandalorian Chick (Sabine?) and the female Twilek Pilot Hera......i like tough SW Babes...:dance

Edit:And the chances for a Leia/Boushh PF are now getting higher!

False! Clone Wars is officially a Netflix Original series now...

man, it really blows that now we won't get a starkiller pf nor a satelle shan pf. those were the 2 eu characters i was really hoping to get before all this happened.

Cartoon Network only had a contract to show the first five seasons, the rights have always belonged to Lucas who sold them to Disney, that's why season six was shown on Netflix instead of Cartoon Network, along with the original 5 seasons... Disney has a working relationship with Netflix....

Cartoon Network only had a contract to show the first five seasons, the rights have always belonged to Lucas who sold them to Disney, that's why season six was shown on Netflix instead of Cartoon Network, along with the original 5 seasons... Disney has a working relationship with Netflix....

^This is the long version of my answer. Haha Very well done

The guy at lucafilm whose job it is to maintain the official Star Wars canon.

So...what happened to all that 'canon'? :dunno

His job is to maintain continuity. There are degrees of canonicity separating mediums (the continuity between which is not exactly meticulous) and the highest level supercedes all lower levels. That means that true canon does not have to obey derivative material, which is where everything that is not the films and tv series has been relegated (the C-level).

If it can be contradicted with impunity, it's not canon in any meaningful sense of the word. 'Canon' as LFL used it was basically flattery, encouraging more artists to contribute to the coffers without allowing the EU to contradict the story as determined by those producing A-level material.

Back