Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why it wouldn't be true...

Atleast I'm hoping so cause I love my Mythos....

20140720_222641_1_Pinstripe_zps4f75ddd4.jpg

We should start a petition to revive this line. If we get everyone to sign it, we could make our dreams come true. Well, not all, just this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can somewhat see where those who have invested a lot in the EU are coming from, you're talking about a lot of story material. Games like Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron, Force Unleashed, Kotor, SWTOR, the Jedi Knight series and so many others. Sure there was some part of it that didn't flow well, but from the EU came a lot of loveable characters and backstories, such as the origin of the Sith and their established culture/timeline, which makes a lot of sense, and is rich and diverse.

You could always imagine that the vast majority of the EU remains intact if you choose to think like that. Disney is still in the starting blocks, but still, over time, they can just replace anything they want. At it's core, the EU was partly by fans for fans, doing as much with the limited lore they saw in the movies, and made something unique out of it. With the approval of Lucasarts in those times. I doubt anyone back in the day could have seen this move by Disney coming. For the long haul my opinion was ROTS was going to be it, you could say the next trilogy was always sort of vaguely looming in the horizon (since Lucas mentioned it here and there), but i never gave it that much thought, though.

Short of a total boycot (of Rebels, new merchandise, books or comics) i doubt the older fans can make Disney look at this from another perspective, they bought the franchise and seem intent on reshaping it where they deem necessary. It is a bitter pill to swallow for those who (since the 80's) have read/seen what they thought of as "canon" (and logically assumed would be acknowledged as such to this day, thinking nothing as big as this could possibly come up to interfere with it or erase it completely), only to find out some time later that the characters & stories they are familiar with may not have a place in SW lore at all if it is up to Disney. But like i said, it's just how you personally approach their decision. You could always choose to ignore Disney totally and staunchly keep supporting your own version of what happened in the universe of SW and what didn't. But you'd still have the new trilogy to deal with. Anything Thrawn related or New Republic/Yuuzhan Vong is very likely out of the window.

They could try to find a common ground with those who have built a world from very little. Disney is a total newcomer, and the fanbase is pretty faithful to what they know today (except the youngest generation who probably wouldn't give a damn and outside the movies are largely their targeted audience). At the very least most of what occured before the Phantom Menace shouldn't really have to interfere with the movies, unless they totally change how the Sith came to be in episode VII or other related plot points i'm not aware of.

Back