Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some great EU stories IMO, especially Thrawn Trilogy and Shadows of the Empire to name just two

i agree. and those were written in a time when there weren't a hundred million billion other EU stories that are all set in the same timeperiod.

The odds of getting anything as marginal as EU collectibles were always long. People were lucky to get what they did.

From SS there was some stuff (and some of their best) but there was plenty more from other companies. And now no more from anyone.

Are you sure the Mythos line is dead ?
Darth Vader got another batch a few week ago and now Obi-wan is taking some brand new order for another batch later this year ...
The line seem pretty alive to me

Are you sure the Mythos line is dead ?
Darth Vader got another batch a few week ago and now Obi-wan is taking some brand new order for another batch later this year ...
The line seem pretty alive to me

I think they mean by getting new ones.

I like to think we have a chance at the Grievous getting released but it seems like getting any other new Mythos is on hold for now.

Ohh I see you mean that there will be no other mythos statue beside the 5 that already exist
What about creating other statue that was in the original trilogy that would not be possible ?

From SS there was some stuff (and some of their best) but there was plenty more from other companies. And now no more from anyone.

If you look at how much more EU material there is than canon, and then look at how much more canon merchandise there is than EU, what I said stands. Yes, there is EU merchandise available. Count your blessings that you got as much as you did.

I think they mean by getting new ones.

I like to think we have a chance at the Grievous getting released but it seems like getting any other new Mythos is on hold for now.

The problem is that it depicts Grievous in a state he was never shown in Clone Wars. And from what SSAlex said in response to my question on Statue Forum, Sideshow is limited to depicting characters as they appeared in the films and Clone Wars. There's not a lot of room for artistic interpretation now, even when it comes to something like the Mythos Vader. Until a Disney-approved movie/TV episode/comic depicts Grievous' origin story, there's probably no hope of a Pre-Cyborg Grievous statue.

The problem is that it depicts Grievous in a state he was never shown in Clone Wars. And from what SSAlex said in response to my question on Statue Forum, Sideshow is limited to depicting characters as they appeared in the films and Clone Wars. There's not a lot of room for artistic interpretation now, even when it comes to something like the Mythos Vader. Until a Disney-approved movie/TV episode/comic depicts Grievous' origin story, there's probably no hope of a Pre-Cyborg Grievous statue.

season one episode 10 called lair of grievous had a few statues of him before he turned cyborg.

season one episode 10 called lair of grievous had a few statues of him before he turned cyborg.

Ultimately the Mythos line is not based around the characters as seen on screen (small or big) in any form and as such that is why the Mythos line is currently in its holding pattern. Hopefully it will be green lit again one day. *fingers crossed*

-SideshowAlex

I am really bummed at this news....the mythos line is fantastic, unique...... and opens up a new world of imagination looking at these pieces.. I hope you guys make some more in the future....

I am really bummed at this news....the mythos line is fantastic, unique...... and opens up a new world of imagination looking at these pieces.. I hope you guys make some more in the future....

It's not that SS wanted to cease making them, they were told to by Disney. With Disney now owning the SW brand, they control what the companies can and can't produce.

The line was awesome, but it looks like it wasn't selling well. SS had a hard time selling 2000 Obi Wans.

Ultimately the Mythos line is not based around the characters as seen on screen (small or big) in any form and as such that is why the Mythos line is currently in its holding pattern. Hopefully it will be green lit again one day. *fingers crossed*

-SideshowAlex

thx alex, thats what i figured. hope that ss can maybe do something in the 1/5 scale.

I have Obi, Vader, and Fett: the HOLY TRINITY of SW in my opinion--and the only Statues of any kind in my collection. If they choose to never add to this line, I will be satisfied with what I have. For those who will be getting waitlist conversion and NOT paying the astronomical grey market on these congratulations!!! :)

I have Obi, Vader, and Fett: the HOLY TRINITY of SW in my opinion--and the only Statues of any kind in my collection. If they choose to never add to this line, I will be satisfied with what I have. For those who will be getting waitlist conversion and NOT paying the astronomical grey market on these congratulations!!! :)

Can Yoda fit into your trinity :(

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

the pre-cyborg grievous was my most anticipated statue from the line. I actually wanted him more than the others.

the pre-cyborg grievous was my most anticipated statue from the line. I actually wanted him more than the others.

Yeah, me too! This Grievous was planned to be next to my lonely Mythos Boba...:dunno (and the hope for a the real Boushh Statue with helmet on or switch head with Leia)

Big thanks to Sideshow Alex for sharing the Infos! Please tell Disney a lot of Mythos Fans are out there and we won`t be quiet till the Re-animation of this fantastic Line :mexwave

Back