Mythos Line officially dead for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully this does not derail Mara Jade PF, which is the only EU character I was really looking forward to, although there are a number of 1:6 I'd like. I'm still hoping for Lando, Qui-Gon, Padme and Mace PFs, plus a Bespin Han PF for crying out loud.

Hopefully this does not derail Mara Jade PF, which is the only EU character I was really looking forward to, although there are a number of 1:6 I'd like. I'm still hoping for Lando, Qui-Gon, Padme and Mace PFs, plus a Bespin Han PF for crying out loud.

I'm afraid this is all but confirmation that Mara isn't coming. At least until she appears in one of the new films.

Stopping at only 5 Mythos Status has sure screwed up my display plans. Damn it!!!!
b86fc4ec6c8ce7733df31a5619bc060e_zps0cc18e0a.jpg

Stopping at only 5 Mythos Status has sure screwed up my display plans. Damn it!!!!
b86fc4ec6c8ce7733df31a5619bc060e_zps0cc18e0a.jpg

Good! I'm sick of your display always being so perfect and making my collection look like crap! Nice to know there is at least ONE thing you don't have going for your collection :lol

But in all seriousness you could always have an acrylic case done to house all five in a row once you have enough new PFs to fill up those bestas. That would look slick. I know since my one mythos I just pre-ordered doesn't go with all of my PFs I'll probably have an acrylic case made for it

They had better because they just stabbed a lot of EU fans in the back.

Utter fanboy nonsense. Disney is a corporation that bought a franchise. It's not like they developed the EU, hugged the fanboys and then shoved a knife between their ribs.

All Disney did was evaluate the intellectual property it purchased and how it would impact new development. As others have said on this thread, most of the EU is pure crap. It has interweaving stories that are poorly developed, poorly written, and often contradictory. Maybe there were some pearls in the EU, but they were very much excluded by crap.

If you just paid billions of dollars for something and had to make the same decision, you'd probably cut out the crap, too. It's business. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't living in the real world.

Don't worry guys, Star Wars is in good hands now that Disney has it, look what they did for John Carter and Lone Ranger...

Not crazy about them yanking the comics from Dark Horse, what Marvel does with it is likely to be minimal. The money is in the movies, which is troublesome for getting new product from a company like SS. I see nightmares getting future stuff approved.

Utter fanboy nonsense. Disney is a corporation that bought a franchise. It's not like they developed the EU, hugged the fanboys and then shoved a knife between their ribs.

All Disney did was evaluate the intellectual property it purchased and how it would impact new development. As others have said on this thread, most of the EU is pure crap. It has interweaving stories that are poorly developed, poorly written, and often contradictory. Maybe there were some pearls in the EU, but they were very much excluded by crap.

If you just paid billions of dollars for something and had to make the same decision, you'd probably cut out the crap, too. It's business. Anyone who thinks otherwise just isn't living in the real world.

The problem is they didn't cut the crap. They cut everything. They could have kept so much of the good stuff in the EU and chose not to out of the selfishness and pretentiousness of the people working on the franchise creatively now. They say they will use the EU as a resource so maybe they will bring some stuff back eventually, but most likely not. For example, they appear to be erasing the much loved Force Unleashed story as the creation of the Rebellion to make the stupid new cartoon. Just like when they erased my favorite Star Wars story ever told and replaced it with a juvenile story in the clone wars cartoon.

-Obviously they did not develop the EU. That is the point. They decided to show no respect to the people who worked on the franchise before them who in many instances did superior work to the stuff they seem keen on keeping/making.
-The fact that so many stories interweaved made the galaxy feel rich and real. Yes, again, there was a lot of crap but I'd argue there is a lot more good than you seem to think. I think there are EU stories that are better than the films.
-Just because you are not an EU fan personally does not mean what Disney is doing is any less wrong. If something you cared about, like the films, were erased you'd be up in arms. You just can't seem to empathize with anyone who likes different things than you.
-And lastly, I don't appreciate being called a "fanboy" who is "uttering nonsense" because I am annoyed that Disney took the countless hours and dollars I spent absorbing EU stories and in one felt swoop erased them from the canon to be forgotten to time. Are they going to write me a check for all of the EU material and collectibles I bought that payed lucasfilm employee's salaries for years? And characters that I fell in love with which were always part of the canon no longer have any meaning or importance to the universe?

Disney stabbed me in the back, and again, unless they are going to refund me the thousands of dollars of material I bought that was advertised as canon over the years they can go to hell.

Don't worry guys, Star Wars is in good hands now that Disney has it, look what they did for John Carter and Lone Ranger....

Yeah, they have really screwed up those Marvel films.....oh wait......

The problem is they didn't cut the crap. They cut everything. They could have kept so much of the good stuff in the EU and chose not to out of the selfishness and pretentiousness of the people working on the franchise creatively now. They say they will use the EU as a resource so maybe they will bring some stuff back eventually, but most likely not. For example, they appear to be erasing the much loved Force Unleashed story as the creation of the Rebellion to make the stupid new cartoon. Just like when they erased my favorite Star Wars story ever told and replaced it with a juvenile story in the clone wars cartoon.

-Obviously they did not develop the EU. That is the point. They decided to show no respect to the people who worked on the franchise before them who in many instances did superior work to the stuff they seem keen on keeping/making.
-The fact that so many stories interweaved made the galaxy feel rich and real. Yes, again, there was a lot of crap but I'd argue there is a lot more good than you seem to think. I think there are EU stories that are better than the films.
-Just because you are not an EU fan personally does not mean what Disney is doing is any less wrong. If something you cared about, like the films, were erased you'd be up in arms. You just can't seem to empathize with anyone who likes different things than you.
-And lastly, I don't appreciate being called a "fanboy" who is "uttering nonsense" because I am annoyed that Disney took the countless hours and dollars I spent absorbing EU stories and in one felt swoop erased them from the canon to be forgotten to time. Are they going to write me a check for all of the EU material and collectibles I bought that payed lucasfilm employee's salaries for years? And characters that I fell in love with which were always part of the canon no longer have any meaning or importance to the universe?

Disney stabbed me in the back, and again, unless they are going to refund me the thousands of dollars of material I bought that was advertised as canon over the years they can go to hell.

Again, nonsense. Why should Disney refund you anything at all? You bought the EU material, you enjoyed it, so you got your value. Disney doesn't owe you anything else and neither did Lucas. It's preposterous to claim that anyone owes you thousands of dollars for material that you purchased and consumed.

As for the characters and the story lines in the EU that may have been entertaining, they were still inextricably linked to parts of the EU that had to get cut because it SUCKED.

Disney is doing absolutely nothing wrong. It's capitalizing on an investment that may have been mismanaged for years. I'm actually happy that they own the Star Wars universe because that means there will be growth. Not just movies, but other stories that aren't tainted by the problems of the EU - including Mara Jade, who is the most preposterous character I've ever seen in fiction.

Again, nonsense. Why should Disney refund you anything at all? You bought the EU material, you enjoyed it, so you got your value. Disney doesn't owe you anything else and neither did Lucas. It's preposterous to claim that anyone owes you thousands of dollars for material that you purchased and consumed.

As for the characters and the story lines in the EU that may have been entertaining, they were still inextricably linked to parts of the EU that had to get cut because it SUCKED.

Disney is doing absolutely nothing wrong. It's capitalizing on an investment that may have been mismanaged for years. I'm actually happy that they own the Star Wars universe because that means there will be growth. Not just movies, but other stories that aren't tainted by the problems of the EU - including Mara Jade, who is the most preposterous character I've ever seen in fiction.

Do you ever have anything pleasant to post? First you addressed almost none of my points except the refund part where my point still stands that it was false advertisement if I purchased all of this material that was canon only to be told after giving them my money that none of the stories matter to the Star Wars lore.

Do you ever have anything pleasant to post? First you addressed almost none of my points except the refund part where my point still stands that it was false advertisement if I purchased all of this material that was canon only to be told after giving them my money that none of the stories matter to the Star Wars lore.

No he doesn't. That's why he makes my ignore list. Happy to keep him there.

No he doesn't. That's why he makes my ignore list. Happy to keep him there.

:lol I knew there was a reason I liked you!

I mean seriously. I ***** and moan a lot because I think the franchise is being hurt and I'm picky about statues but other than one time I went completely off the rails in the Talon thread :doh I never mean to be rude to, or at least directly insult, fellow freaks. I'll call the people in charge of the content doing a poor job whatever the heck I want but not people in my awesome community.
:family

I don't understand this guy's attitude :(

:lol I knew there was a reason I liked you!

I mean seriously. I ***** and moan a lot because I think the franchise is being hurt and I'm picky about statues but other than one time I went completely off the rails in the Talon thread :doh I never mean to be rude to, or at least directly insult, fellow freaks. I'll call the people in charge of the content doing a poor job whatever the heck I want but not people in my awesome community.
:family

I don't understand this guy's attitude :(

He's a deliberate **** stirrer. He's only posted like 80 times and it's mostly negative towards freaks on the board. We're free to have our opinions and all, but at least be civil when you disagree.

So now I'm unpleasant because I pointed out that your desire for money is nonsense? Fine. Call me whatever you want. Your points are nothing more than frustration, though. Vent all you want. You don't have a say in Disney's decisions about the state of Star Wars canon.

Either you can accept that and get on with your life, or you can continue to blame me because I pointed out the obvious.

Back