My3Dtwin- 3D 'action figure' printouts of you! Full review/feature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Ever fancied getting yourself miniaturized to fit in with your collection... well now you can (if you are in the UK) there are new companies popping up offering similar sevices, but this is the worlds first using photogrammetry.

You can read my full review here-
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082813b.htm

3-SKINSHADE_zps38a04927.jpg

CLOSE-FACE-COLOR-22_zps0ec6650a.jpg

A1a_zps42d55095.jpg

Astore1A_zps4666407f.jpg

pose1_zps1d6024f5.jpg

sizecomp12_zpsf8b7ada8.jpg

scalecomp3_zps25ed8f39.jpg

A2sizecomp10_zps2527202c.jpg

sizecomp9a_zps50a13d20.jpg

Pretty decent, I can imagine in 5 or so years this becoming much more detailed.

And that chick in the white dress... nice legs.

The sculpture itself looks amazing, the collar, the jacket everything.
but the paint job is not that good because I think it's just a 3D picture printed on the sculpture.
I hope in the upcoming months this technology will be improved to be able to "paint" on the sculpture and not only "wrap it in a picture".

Pretty decent, I can imagine in 5 or so years this becoming much more detailed.

And that chick in the white dress... nice legs.
I have a feeling it'll be closer than 5 years. And the company here will keep your 3D file archived, so when the the outputs are improved you can get an upgrade.
The sculpture itself looks amazing, the collar, the jacket everything.
but the paint job is not that good because I think it's just a 3D picture printed on the sculpture.
I hope in the upcoming months this technology will be improved to be able to "paint" on the sculpture and not only "wrap it in a picture".
Well the technique is photo geometry so it is always going to come from a base photographic image. However, as the technique improves I can imagine that the manipulation of the software will allow for different styles (just think what you can do in photoshop but in 3D).
this is the future... and it also means potentialy cheaper figures in the long run
That remains to be seen....:pray:

I've seen something similar at a few conventions. The sculpting is actually fairly basic and generic as far as the faces go. The printed on photo makes the sculpt seem better than it is. Eventually digital sculpting and printing may advance to the point were acceptable reproductions can be farted out without tweaks from human artist. Printing Hot Toys quality figures from your home 3D printer is likely a lot farther away than most people think.

Nice to see you Jeff :)

Although I prefer sculpts made by hand, I think this is a nice alternative.
Very cool!

Hope your reviews remain full scale :)

I've seen something similar at a few conventions. The sculpting is actually fairly basic and generic as far as the faces go. The printed on photo makes the sculpt seem better than it is. Eventually digital sculpting and printing may advance to the point were acceptable reproductions can be farted out without tweaks from human artist. Printing Hot Toys quality figures from your home 3D printer is likely a lot farther away than most people think.

I'm sure the clarity of the reproductions will just keep improving. When I was researching for this I found another cool company in Berlin offering a similar service but with a different technique. The final product does look to have a slightly sharper finnish, but the prices are sooooo high!

Check them here- Twinkind

I read something about 3D printer patents running out in the next few years... then consumer grade printers will flood the market.

Surely a lot of the newer and better bits of hardware will have newer innovations, there for newer patents.

Nice to see you Jeff :)

Although I prefer sculpts made by hand, I think this is a nice alternative.
Very cool!

Hope your reviews remain full scale :)

I'll do my best to measure up! ;)

Back