My Yavin Luke review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
...And I love this pic:

review_yavinluke_large.jpg
Yes, perhaps he looks better without the jacket, but ain't that partially because the jacket lacks the detail? If only the jacket would have been a bit more accurate. Besides, Ponda Baba (the bounty hunter that looses an arm in the cantina after a fight with old Ben) wears exactly the same jacket in red.

The problem with this figure is the $60 price tag when its perceived value is less than half that.

The shirt is recycled from Han and dyed black. The pants are recycled from Han except with a stripe of fabric down the front of each pant leg (not sure why because he did not have those stripes in the movie). Plastic boots are recycled from Han. Hands are recycled from Jedi Luke. Sculpt is simplistic regardless of likeness.

Last edited:
Oh WOW! What an incredible surprise! DekDave has something negative to say! I'm flabbergasted! It's truly a once in a lifetime event!

I'll buy it for $5.

Darklord Dave said:
Oh WOW! What an incredible surprise! DekDave has something negative to say! I'm flabbergasted! It's truly a once in a lifetime event!

I'll buy it for $5.

Too late Dave, I allready offered $10. :cuss :lol

Darklord Dave said:

I'll buy it for $5.

Well Dave, you know what, you can always add me to your ignore list! :lol

Then do it. Please. I'm entitled to my opinion. Ignore it or ban me. Wouldn't want to disrupt the circle-jerk going on here.

dekadentdave said:
Then do it. Please. I'm entitled to my opinion. Ignore it or ban me. Wouldn't want to disrupt the circle-jerk going on here.

I don't think that your view of this board is entirely fair. I think people have lots of complaints or criticisms of figures that Sideshow produce. Some people are better at phrasing their criticism perhaps, but they also own their views, and don't always imply that others should feel the same as they do. Even criticism can be constructive, and I would hate to see a viewpoint like yours go away because you feel unwelcome. I just feel that you often come from a point of being antagonistic instead of actually trying to engage in a discussion.

I think your anti-josh avatar is pretty funny though. No offense Josh, just a clever play on your image!

And that's all it is, all in jest. Josh is entitled to his ******ed up opinion but that's why I give him such a hard time about it because he's wrong.:lol

dekadentdave said:
And that's all it is, all in jest. Josh is entitled to his ******ed up opinion but that's why I give him such a hard time about it because he's wrong.:lol
:lol :lol :lol

Seaward said:
I think your anti-josh avatar is pretty funny though. No offense Josh, just a clever play on your image!

No offense taken at all. I find it funny myself. :)

i forget, is the scale out 5 stars or 4? either way i think you were too kind with the score on this one.

i'm sorry but looking at this piece makes me angry. with as many 12"ers under their belt, SS should be hitting their stride with these with maybe one or 2 things that we can complain about but this one is the opposite with only a few things to praise it for. this was pure laziness. imho of course.

As much as I like the figure, there is a serious lack of detail in both the paint and the headsculpt - which really surprises me coming from Sideshow since those two are really their forte.

pixletwin said:
As much as I like the figure, there is a serious lack of detail in both the paint and the headsculpt - which really surprises me coming from Sideshow since those two are really their forte.

Same here... it just seems very plain... nothing exciting at all. I mean, they should have just sculpted him smiling or grinning or something, like he was for 90% of the scene. And they could have given us a better jacket... HT was able to pull of Future Reese's jacket... and it was LOADS more detailed.

Batty said:
Great review, as usual, MC. I agree with you on just about everything. I think the paint and sculpt take it down just a little more for me. It is the small details that are important.

This pic says it all. Look how great Jedi Luke looks next to average Luke. I don't get it. We seem to be moving backwards.

I'm think there is a problem with this Luke from the side view. The picture above looks awful. However, mine (which I haven't had time to open yet) doesn't look that bad.

And looking at this pic in the same review:

review_yavinluke_3.jpg

That doesn't even look like the same sculpt as the figure comparison above. In fact, while not perfect, I definitely see Luke in that picture. Hell, the eyes don't even look all that "shocked" from that angle. So, I don't really know what to think other than it's a side sculpt issue ... or lighting.

If you get Luke into more action poses he looks more determined and less like he smelled someone fart and doesn't want to laugh.

I think posing him standing upright with arms tucked behind him looks bad, even though thats what you'd do with the medal. I don't plan on using the medal since posed with a gun and lightsaber he looks way cooler.

Back