My Yavin Luke review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also about artistic style. I'd like confirmation from someone, but based on how Luke resembles Jedi Luke and Han, I'd wager it's a Mat Falls sculpt, and he's stylistic, and so is Trev and Andy B. and Oluf, their sculpts all fit like a body of pieces, and both Luke's we've gotten look like Mark Hammil but presented in Mat Falls' style, and for some they don't like that style, I happen to like his work. Every artist is going to interpret and represent something in their own unique way, you could have 50 people sculpt Luke from ANH and you'd probably have 50 very unique interpretations that, at their core, are Mark/Luke and capture what defined the look of the film, but some will have exaggerated features and deeply defined creases in the skin and very detailed hair and very minimalistic hair. I don't consider any sculpt to be a failure unless it is completely departed, unintentionally, from the inspiration, otherwise, it's just that particular sculptor's way of interpreting the inspiration, and it's up to the viewer to decide to like it or not, but it doesn't define the piece as flop or success, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Back