My stealth replacement update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine and it is in mint condition. I even got a lower number than I originally sent.

I'm considering letting him go to fund other Sideshow purchases.

It seems everyone that is getting a replacement direct form Sideshow is selling their SIM off. Are people just not impressed with this piece or did most have a flipping intention from the beginning with this piece (I'm not judging but just curious).

It seems everyone that is getting a replacement direct form Sideshow is selling their SIM off. Are people just not impressed with this piece or did most have a flipping intention from the beginning with this piece (I'm not judging but just curious).

I'm curious about this as well. I'm seeing a plethora of SIMs on eBay right now??? I'm thinkin the value will go down since there seems to be an abundance of these on the market right now...... Hope so cuz I want one!!! But not bad enough for $800.....

Just want to thank everyone involved in this fiasco for whats probably another $5 increase to the SW 1/6th line.

I traded my SIM off just as I got it. I originally wanted it since I saw it. I like Iron Man, but am a fan of his lesser known armors (especially Stealth).

The whole process of waiting, getting a damaged piece, returning, & waiting again, just soured it for me and I didn't want it around. I feel like I gave it up for a good deal.

Heck, I'm still waiting on mine. And when I get it, I'll keep it.
Just want to thank everyone involved in this fiasco for whats probably another $5 increase to the SW 1/6th line.
Yes, that's a cool remark. I said so a long time ago. Sideshow's replacement policy is very nice for those in need of an replacement. But just like for these "free contests", somebody has to pay for all of it, and I doubt very much, it's coming from Sideshow's own pockets. There might be a budget for these sorts of things, but in the end, WE are the once that fund that budget. Some put a little more money into it than others, some draw from it a little more than others...

Yes, that's a cool remark. I said so a long time ago. Sideshow's replacement policy is very nice for those in need of an replacement. But just like for these "free contests", somebody has to pay for all of it, and I doubt very much, it's coming from Sideshow's own pockets. There might be a budget for these sorts of things, but in the end, WE are the once that fund that budget. Some put a little more money into it than others, some draw from it a little more than others...

What gets me is arguably most people benefiting from getting replacements on SIM are probably doing it for the purpose of flipping it.

SSC should have fixed any electrical or structural problems, but told the people complaining of paint to simply return it for a refund and it could go to someone less discriminating.

I'm sure they could have found plenty of people willing to buy less than perfects for $299 considering the price nice ones are going for on ebay.

Well I fully intend to keep mine as I think it's a great item, regarding your comment "return it for a refund and it could go to someone less discriminating" I think that's unfair to the serious collectors such as myself, why should I spend that much money on an item and int. shipping, customs, VAT, etc. to receive an item that hasn't been through any kind of, or possibly very poor, QC checks?

Sure there are people that will sell it on for a profit, that's just how it is unfortunately. At the end of the day you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

why should I spend that much money on an item and int. shipping, customs, VAT, etc. to receive an item that hasn't been through any kind of, or possibly very poor, QC checks?

Sure there are people that will sell it on for a profit, that's just how it is unfortunately. At the end of the day you can't tar everyone with the same brush.

I feel bad for those returning stuff with all the customs charges and so on, but think of the fans totally unrelated to the SIM that will end up "paying" for all these returns and repaints.

Pulling numbers out of my ass, I wouldn't be surprised if SSC lost $200,000 in this venture of covering shipping back and forth and repainting stuff.

I just hope they raise Marvel prices to cover the losses and stay away from the lines I collect.

Yeah...all good, but in a plain white shipper, pity I binned the colour box :duh Oh and I like all the CSI's, I just happen to be red-headed and speak in non-sequiturs.

white shipper box?..hmmm,maybe you got an artist proof?

what number did you get and congrats on getting him safe this time!:cool:

It has been mentioned before that SS always manufactures some extras for replacements and those cost are built in to the item price as they are all manufactured at the same time. BUT...in the SIM case, SS has to be taking a major hit since there were major issues with the packaging causing issues with the paint jobs. I don't see that causing price increases on other products like some are saying. SS taking the time to presumably repaint and not manufacture new statues is just doing the right thing for their customers.

Back