My stealth replacement update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipping notice for this as well as a Captain America replacement that I have been waiting a year on!

Wow what a long wait. I got my replacement a little while ago and I am thrilled with it. I really like that Sideshow takes the time to inspect the replacements now. I used to have to return replacements.

This is one I had sold but then with the whole fiasco I had to end up keeping it.... glad I did because it's an awesome piece. :rock

Wow what a long wait. I got my replacement a little while ago and I am thrilled with it. I really like that Sideshow takes the time to inspect the replacements now. I used to have to return replacements.

This is one I had sold but then with the whole fiasco I had to end up keeping it.... glad I did because it's an awesome piece. :rock

Well I don't know about their "inspection" process unless it improved from when I had to return a Predator Maquette 3 times for paint chips on the foot and even the last replacement had the chips in the same area. Those were also supposedly inspected before being shipped out.

Well I don't know about their "inspection" process unless it improved from when I had to return a Predator Maquette 3 times for paint chips on the foot and even the last replacement had the chips in the same area. Those were also supposedly inspected before being shipped out.

Sorry to hear that. I have had them inspect a couple replacements for me and they have luckily arrived fine. I had to return Captain America twice before they actually checked it and sent me one in decent shape.

This is why I like buying from Sideshow though. Since QC is bad at least they have a return/replacement policy that more than makes up for it. :D

Got my replacement SIM today and he arrived safe and sound.

Does anyone else that got a replacement think the colors are a little different than the original ones? The lighter blue looks the same but the darker color looks different to me. I was looking at the pictures I took to get the replacement and the darker color looks like a metallic purple but this one looks lighter. It might just be the different lighting and the color difference in the picture/monitor.

Last edited:
So quick question.... What does sideshow do with all the "defective" SIM statues? I'm sure quite a few people wouldn't mind a few imperfections... Do they discard them, or resell them? I would like one :naughty

Finally got mine (3rd times a charm) and it's minty mint!!!!!!
Now i'm a happy camper!!!!

So quick question.... What does sideshow do with all the "defective" SIM statues? I'm sure quite a few people wouldn't mind a few imperfections... Do they discard them, or resell them? I would like one :naughty

Usually, the ones that are sent back for replacements are destroyed. Although with all the SIM problems they were probably just repainted rather than destroyed.

Usually, the ones that are sent back for replacements are destroyed. Although with all the SIM problems they were probably just repainted rather than destroyed.
I'm thinking the same. But I really don't care how they solve it as long as all the people who ordered one get a flawless Stealth Iron Man.

i think they custom paint alot of them and sell them on ebay

Home and on display... :rock

2639908878_3fbdb2d82d_b.jpg

Back