My Predator collection will be going up for sale... need advice.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I know many of you have been PMing me and emailing me wondering where the hell I've been lately and the truth is I have been facing some personal problems that have now come to head. As a result, it looks like I will be selling pretty much my entire collection, which most of you know features some very rare pieces and some amazing kits painted by Joe Dunaway from modelzone.com. I have roughly $65,000 in items that will be sold.

So the question is, do I even bother trying to find a single buyer for the entire lot, or should I break it up? I'd be willing to take a single buyout of say $50k, but I doubt anyone will have that kind of scratch. So should I just post everything on the forums and see what sells for a month and move the rest to eBay?

This breaks my heart, but I need as much liquid cash as possible... I will still run Predatorstuff and review stuff as I can, but my collecting days have come to an end for the time being.

I'll post a video and more info on this shortly, I need to do inventory first, but in the meantime would really like suggestions on what I should do here.

Faken
So sorry to hear man.
I hope this not for a stupid car.
Also, you seem to be a pretty young guy, did you really manage to spend 65K on this stuff?

Faken
So sorry to hear man.
I hope this not for a stupid car.
Also, you seem to be a pretty young guy, did you really manage to spend 65K on this stuff?

I'm 33 and yep, I have a huge collection. And no, wanting to buy a car doesn't qualify as personal problems. I wish it were that simple though :/

I'm 33 and yep, I have a huge collection. And no, wanting to buy a car doesn't qualify as personal problems. I wish it were that simple though :/

Sorry to hear brother.
Your site is a huge asset to the community.
Goodluck with the sell off and dealing with with whatever it is you are going throuigh:(

Sorry to hear brother.
Your site is a huge asset to the community.
Goodluck with the sell off and dealing with with whatever it is you are going throuigh:(

Thanks man, appreciate it. Hopefully I will at least be able to keep my Yoda Maquette :monkey2:monkey2

This stinks of a divorce. Hope I'm wrong. One of the reasons I never got married.

I hope everything works out for you. :(
I think at some point, most of us will have to face selling off our collections. Life really sucks sometimes. Hope you get good money for it at least.

This stinks of a divorce. Hope I'm wrong. One of the reasons I never got married.

I hope everything works out for you. :(
I think at some point, most of us will have to face selling off our collections. Life really sucks sometimes. Hope you get good money for it at least.

Good nose Fremen :(

It was a long time coming to be honest... it was just a matter of time until someone pulled the trigger I guess.

Good luck Dan, whatever you decide. I wish I knew how to unload large parts of my collection that I am no longer fond of. I've resorted to Ebay in multiple iterations, and so far it has been fair to middlin, even in this economy, but took lots of effort and the remaining stuff that hasn't sold I will probably take a loss on (unlike the stuff that has sold already). But you have a good reputation around hre and on other sites from what I've heard, so I would definitely try to sell here and on other forums for a fair price before resorting to Ebay and you should be able to get most of your money back, if not more. Just takes time and persistence, and depending on your personal situation, you may or may not have. You already have tons of pics and videos, which I would definitely link to in your sales if you have to resort to Ebay, to let everyone know you are a serious and well respected member in the collector community. Also, remember Ebay is at least 10% in fees (not including PP, another 3.5-4.5%), plus the hassle, so keep that in consideration when you sell to forum members.

Good luck in, hope whatever your situation is turns out for the better.

Good luck Dan, whatever you decide. I wish I knew how to unload large parts of my collection that I am no longer fond of. I've resorted to Ebay in multiple iterations, and so far it has been fair to middlin, even in this economy, but took lots of effort and the remaining stuff that hasn't sold I will probably take a loss on (unlike the stuff that has sold already). But you have a good reputation around hre and on other sites from what I've heard, so I would definitely try to sell here and on other forums for a fair price and you should be able to get most of your money back, if not more. Just takes time and persistence, and depending on your personal situation, you may or may not have. You already have tons of pics and videos, which I would definitely link to in your sales if you have to resort to Ebay, to let everyone know you are a serious and well respected member in the collector community. Also, remember Ebay is at least 10% in fees (not including PP, another 3.5-4.5%), plus the hassle, so keep that in consideration when you sell to forum members.

Good luck in, hope whatever your situation is turns out for the better.

Thanks man, and yeah going to avoid eBay as much as I can I think.

Fremen - Thanks man. It's for the best though so in the end I will be better for it.

avoid ebay... i'd rather sell it all to a single buyer if possible, so i think u should take your time finding one. having said that, i think hardcore collectors with that much dough would likely just be interested in the rarer pieces so for the common stuff like HT 12" etc, try the forum...

sorry to hear about your financial situation, faken. hope things work out for u soon.

so would u be looking to sell an ss 1:1 wolf predator bio mask?
if so, pls PM me with details. cheers

Sorry Faken, Ive been a silent admirer of your videos, talent, and collection etc and it pains me to see a good guy taking a beating. I wish you the best and hope everything works out for you. Ill try and put out some positive karma out there in the Universe, hopefully some of it finds you :peace

sorry to hear about your financial situation, faken. hope things work out for u soon.

so would u be looking to sell an ss 1:1 wolf predator bio mask?
if so, pls PM me with details. cheers

Hey Ty,

Yep, that will probably go up... I'm going to start with my kits though and see how those do before I move on to my Sideshow goodies.

Thanks again all... now I am totally exhausted, time to see if I can sleep finally.

gnite guys, love yas!

I don't get it...if you're getting a divorce then wouldn't that mean you could keep your collection? Well whatever the reason, I'm sure this has to be done or you wouldn't be doing it. Do you think you will start collecting again sometime soon? If I had to give up my collections or they got lost in a fire/stolen, I honestly don't think I would go back to doing it again.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Faken. I hope you can find a way not to sell your collection. Is it really a must too?

Hugs to you. I know how hard all of this must be. :(

Damn dude, I'm truly sorry to hear this.

Please drop the Syndicate guys a line when you feel like it.

I know we'd all like to talk to you and see how you're doing without discussing it on a public forum.

Hey Ty,

Yep, that will probably go up... I'm going to start with my kits though and see how those do before I move on to my Sideshow goodies.

Thanks again all... now I am totally exhausted, time to see if I can sleep finally.

gnite guys, love yas!

hopefully, u won't have to end up selling too much of your collection. i can't imagine parting with mine. :(

in any case, do let me know if/when the bio is up for grabs. it's one of my most sought-after grails. :D

Sorry to hear about this situation Dan. It is always so sad seeing someone who gathered beloved collectibles being forced to sell them. :(

Back