My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th-th-i-i-i-i-s-s.... i-i-i-s-s.... g-g-r-r-r-r-e-e-a-a-t-t-t... s-s-t-t-u-u-u-f-f... m-m-a-a-a-a-n-n-n-n...

2m29ctl-1.gif

LOL,

Great avatar and sig!!

Been wondering how long it would be before some of you came out and admitted it. been showing my like for it in my av for months now.

For all you VaderHaters out there
friendship_is_magic________by_theartrix-d3aji9q.jpg

. some of the "hidden" characters of the show
( yes, these are actual characters.. granted, they're not main ones)

everyone loves derpy
derpy_hooves_by_timon1771-d3bdye5.png

just watch this, it's a 30 second clip. and does a excellent job of showing the loony toons esque feel of the humor.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgKb7qjd2Q"]‪My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - The Return of Derpy Hooves‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

or how about Doctor Hoof?
dr-whooves2.jpg

180px_Doctor_Whooves_id_bronies-s180x180-152669-580.png

Apparently, the woman who does the character designs, is the wife of the guy who did power puff girls for cartoon network, and it shows.
The show has a very similar feel to PPG as well.

This is one of the most um.............interesting threads I have seen on this board. :lol

No.....not really. :lol Aside from Spongebob and Disney movies - I am not much of a cartoon watcher.

I am only in this thread, because I noticed it was the top thread when I came to the forums, and was shocked it is now 7 pages long....

:panic:

I legitimately enjoy watching Phineas and Ferb with my daughter...different strokes :monkey1

ohbrotherstew.jpg

I slaughtered this horse last Tuesday. I think it's startin' to turn.

I am only in this thread, because I noticed it was the top thread when I came to the forums, and was shocked it is now 7 pages long....

:panic:

8 now

feelsgoodpony.png

Neet. I was pretty sure she was married to that guy, So I was pretty sure she'd had input into PPG, but i wasn't aware she had worked as the storyboarder. Anyways Good show, great creator. more people should give it a chance.

yeah but you know there are 5 stages of becomming a brony (dont mind the ____ty acting)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJh8i1OffR0&feature=related"]‪Five Stages of Brony Development‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

You've said you like it, but what's actually good about it?

G1 = ____
G2 = ____
G3 = ____
G4 = the best reboot of G1

i've said this before a few pages back that i find the new generation more appealing and the new characters more in depth in terms of personality. the G1 ponies are like all recolors of each other. they don't seem very individual... the G4 characters each have a million expressions and because of that they're well suited for images. They just say so much with them. Cute + expression is a winning combination
i caught myself really enjoying this show and laugh with some of the scenes. i love pinkie pie! she's so random <3

Last edited:
Unf_____g believable. Personally I preferred Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears when I was little, but the guys here attacking MLP are really just announcing their insecurity.

I mean I should think resident 'tough guys' like ink could handle some cute cartoon horses without the sad need to attack it as "ghey". And that's some classy France-bashing in your sig, any other prejudices or depth to your ignorance you would like to make unequivocal?

This makes me think of the guys here freaking out because certain figures have "doll hair". I'm not saying that sculpted hair is not superior in many cases but if your manhood is threatened by the hair selection on a toy then you have serious issues.

You've said you like it, but what's actually good about it?
Good story, excellent character development and design, fantastic humor. A friend of mine once commented " Dear god, it's like lolcats the show"
Is every episode a winner? no, but most are.
as I said before, go download and watch Fealing Pinkie keen, and see what you think.

Unf_____g believable. Personally I preferred Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears when I was little, but the guys here attacking MLP are really just announcing their insecurity.

I mean I should think resident 'tough guys' like ink could handle some cute cartoon horses without the sad need to attack it as "ghey". And that's some classy France-bashing in your sig, any other prejudices or depth to your ignorance you would like to make unequivocal?

This makes me think of the guys here freaking out because certain figures have "doll hair". I'm not saying that sculpted hair is not superior in many cases but if your manhood is threatened by the hair selection on a toy then you have serious issues.

on the subject of Doll hair ( as I'm a loud proponent against it)

If it looked nice, and STAYED that way with NO work on my part, I'd be ok with it. but, as my black widow currently has a carrot-top esque afro from this damn Georgia weather, I can see that's not going to happen.
Additionally, rooted hair kinda makes them look like they don't belong in the same line.

Sculpted hair 100% of the time for me, with the possible exception of Chewbacca, as him having a little wildness to his fur would probably work.
getting back to the topic at hand, to paraphrase Penn Jillette, "if liking ponies throws my manhood into question, I'll take a size 13 pink stilletto"

( he was referring to hating being outdoors for the record.)

Being against rooted hair based on practical reasons is perfectly fine, such as the fact you have to do maintenance to keep it looking right. I hope the Avengers Black Widow has sculpted hair.

But a lot of 'doll hair' comments I am referring to seem driven by that fear among some men of being associated with anything remotely feminine, as in doll hair = girl toy = not masculine = gay.

I'd just like to see us move past that. Like I pointed out, Mr. O-H-I-O felt they need to take a homophobic swipe at this thread. That is just pathetic.

Back