MY LIFESIZE STAR WARS DISPLAYS (all 1:1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: STAR WARS PROPAGANDA site and my personal gallery.

oh man this kills me :lol

The look on his face is perfect

Check out this gif I made awhile ago.
It was made while he was still in the process of being finished, so for finished pics, see earlier posts.

yoda_hygiene.gif

I need that Emperor. He's my favorite character and that's the most amazing sculpt of him I've ever seen. It looks just like him.

Thanks.
He is my second favorite character. All of his lines in ROTJ are simply masterful and I love the way he sounds when he speaks.

finally got a chance to spend more time on your site, awesome and fasinating stuff. Never knew how little modification was done to the original lightsabers... I knew they were made from camera equipment, but assumed a lot more work went into them.

I know its fairly easy to find (although a bit pricey) a Graflex 3 cell, but what about the MPP Microflash Unit... can't seem to find any info on how to track one of those down.

Fribbin' great stuff, hombre!

Just made this front page "Site of the Day" at GalacticBinder to throw some extra traffic your way.

Cool. Thanks!

finally got a chance to spend more time on your site, awesome and fasinating stuff. Never knew how little modification was done to the original lightsabers... I knew they were made from camera equipment, but assumed a lot more work went into them.

I know its fairly easy to find (although a bit pricey) a Graflex 3 cell, but what about the MPP Microflash Unit... can't seem to find any info on how to track one of those down.

Thanks!
Finding an authentic MPP (and the same version used in the films) is extremely difficult. Especially because there are a lot of authentic MPP's out there that are missing some of the correct style parts such as the top shroud. So what they end up doing is taking some of the better replica parts and mating them with the real parts, and selling the whole thing as vintage authentic.
I recommend not buying any MPP flash off of anyone who is aware that it was used for a SW prop.

Last edited:

I can't get over how amazing your work is, Gino. The Yoda especially kills me every time I see it. :bow

Thanks!
Finding an authentic MPP (and the same version used in the films) is extremely difficult. Especially because there are a lot of authentic MPP's out there that are missing some of the correct style parts such as the top shroud. So what they end up doing is taking some of the better replica parts and mating them with the real parts, and selling the whole thing as vintage authentic.
I recommend not buying any MPP flash off of anyone who is aware that it was used for a SW prop.

Thanks Gino... I started to notice that over the last couple of days. Seems getting one is not a very likely proposition :mopnkey2 But, sometimes that makes the hunt more fun :rock

Thanks!

PS, hitting up old camera shops or flea markets is a good start.

It's kind of nuts to think that camera dealers were throwing all these old flash units into the garbage for years. I got my first graflex in 1993 for $15 (and that was mostly to cover shipping).

I'll have to start looking around... may just fine an oddball one and make my one version :lol Seems like it would be a very fun project, and I could get some practice in before finding a real one.

Any suggestions for finding the T-strips?

Actually, I have some accurate t-track left over. It's not cheap though, but totally worth if it you want to have a super accurate prop replica with all found parts.
Send me a pm if you are interested.

Here's a new one with a pic of my ESB Vader display photoshopped onto a background.
Going for that production photo look.

esbvader_hallway2.jpg

One more.

esbvader_carbonchamber.jpg

HOLY HELL!!!

Your collection is AMAZING!!!
I am in awe of your talent:clap:clap

Great stuff...you must spend soooo much time recreating those beautiful props...wish I could do the same!! Off topic...Are there any 501st members from the UK on here?? I am interested in contacting someone particulary from thr south of England if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here's a few new pics.

dvanh_1.JPG

emp_1.JPG

maul_1.JPG

Back