Action Figure my joes and cobras..lots of wips 11/5 ninjas!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: late to the game...

Nice to see you coming over from the Star Wars to the real darkside. :lol

Looks like a great start, can't wait to see your progress Spider. :clap

Re: late to the game...my joes 'n cobras..but mostly cobras...err..cobra...

i really would love to do more joes/cobras..but some of the parts will be really hard to find...
i want to do crankcase next...any ideas of where to start? so far, i have nothing..lol
m_1268670680crankcase_zps5b9b3635.jpg

Aci green V neck military sweater, a tan shirt (Duke's comes to mind), tan pants, brown boots (Desert trooper's maybe). If you can find them, Hot Toys Commissioner Gorgon's gloved hands.

ironically..i just found a sweater that im trying to snag from a friend...ive got the boots on order from TA(2 sets)..tan shirt i can fake(just need collar)...and pants...not sure but may make some up...and i do have the helmet..lol...no head tho...was looking around the sites...can't find anything that i like(and can afford)

just saw these..hmmm...pretty close..thoughts?
https://02ce367.netsolstores.com/starwarsdxlukeskywalkerbespin-regularpants.aspx

I liked 'em tactical gloves you used from the crimson guard. Pretty slick. Might have to copy ya.

If you wanna get Crank a pretty nice rifle, the HT ones from the new Barney Ross are going pretty cheap at the moment and are great. Got mine shipped from HK for like 8 bucks and it arrived at my house quicker than most US shippers. :lol

Cool to see you posting more and more down here, Spider. Will be neat to see what your tailoring skills bring to your Joe collection.

thanks for all of the fb you guys...im working on getting the desert trooper and parts to make the blue officer in the tan gear..so those will be nice when i get them...

i think someone should make this version of Bats...lol..oddly enough, i have an old shirt of that color...and man, it's bright...

33286_zps973b01c0.jpg

has anyone ever tackled ones like blowtorch or bar-b-Que? those i would love to see done by someone(or me even)....i have the fabric to do some of their jumpsuits i think...but getting BBQ's head would be the tricky part...ever think of doing that one, Mando? or serpentor? man..would love to see Serpy..i happen to know where you all can get a gold jumpsuit for him....;)

Last edited:

I liked 'em tactical gloves you used from the crimson guard. Pretty slick. Might have to copy ya.

the CG gloves dont fit well with the Viper arm bracers...so some work would be required to get them to go...i do like them...but got the viper ones for free...

thanks for all of the fb you guys...im working on getting the desert trooper and parts to make the blue officer in the tan gear..so those will be nice when i get them...

i think someone should make this version of Bats...lol..oddly enough, i have an old shirt of that color...and man, it's bright...

33286_zps973b01c0.jpg

has anyone ever tackled ones like blowtorch or bar-b-Que? those i would love to see done by someone(or me even)....i have the fabric to do some of their jumpsuits i think...but getting BBQ's head would be the tricky part...ever think of doing that one, Mando? or serpentor? man..would love to see Serpy..i happen to know where you all can get a gold jumpsuit for him....;)

i did a blowtorch a while back

Cool to see you posting more and more down here, Spider. Will be neat to see what your tailoring skills bring to your Joe collection.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

Nice Viper.

I've got a Crankcase in progress. The only thing missing is the sweater. The one I had was from an old Action Man set and I just don't like how it sits.

As for faking the shirt, check out Cotswold Collectibles. They had shirt dickies to use under uniforms. I had a tan and some green ones from them years ago, but sold them off. They're really well done. www.elitebrigade.com

His rifle is a FN-FAL, and one came in the old Ultimate Soldier Foreign Weapons Set 1. They pop up on ebay from time to time. You can also look for the one done by Barrack Sargent but they'll be $$$. I'll have to check out the one from Barney Ross.

John

John

wait..what? whoa whoa whoa..you guys know who i am? didn't think anyone who wasn't constant on the SW side, knew me...lol...(btw, honored that you guys do know me....hopefully in a good way...lol)..
im slowly getting parts for my crankcase and my stinger driver..and workin on Vippy still...would add pics, but photobucket's down for maint...

Of course we know you... I follow your stuff on other sites...

eepp..he knows me too...crap...lol..j/k..i really know that you guys do..just a different crowd over here then on the SW part...lol...im having to relearn things over here as well..build up my stock for joes now..sigh...

ok..so as not to sound like a pompous butt or anything..but hopefully some of you know that im doing stuff for Toy Anxiety...right? soooo..since some of you are following me on here....and you guys do a ton of custom stuff...is there something that you'd like to see me try? im already working on a few small things for the next round on TA...but are you guys looking for anything specific?? anywho..self plug over...and feel free to pm me...

People are going to need proper pants for Copperhead at some point with "ribbed" inner legs. :naughty

Back