My Indy gear (image heavy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few of mine. Still looking for an idol though.

Grail by Restaurajones

Diary by Sarednab

Urn by Markpoon

Temple dart by RPF member
Hovitos poison dart by me

Cross by Relicmaker

Awesome relics and gear fellas!

I'm in the market for the jacket now. Waiting to hear back from some people. Have the hat already!

Toddscostumes.com for the jacket. You won't be sorry.

Been looking into Todds as a possibility. I like the reputation of a Wested jacket so I'm leaning more towards that. I'm headed out to a military surplus store to look for belts.

I've got the gloves, sand bag, and pocket knife all from Todd's.. great stuff.. use my work gloves regularly stacking firewood and doing yard work.. so they are well broken in. ( I always laugh at people that buy those then "weather" them.. they are work gloves.. get out of your mom's basement and do some work ! :lol ) As for the jacket, I'd suggest the Wested too.. considering their history and connection with the films.. I was lucky enough years ago to get the shirt and bag with strap from Noel Howard before he passed.. definitely treasures in my modest collection..

I have the Coyle's jacket from Todd's, and it's a beauty. Looks wonderful, and is not a "costume" jacket at all.

The Coyle's Indy shirt, however, is another story. It's not comfortable in the least. The cotton twill is not soft at all, but rather papery and scratchy (There's nothing like a shirt that sounds like crumpling wax paper when you move in it). I will probably never wear it again, even for my annual Halloween outing.

Strange on the Todd's shirt.. I have one I picked up a few years back.. the material is fine.. no stiffness whatsoever ? Maybe try washing a few times with softener ? Perhaps they changed material suppliers over the years.. odd though..

They may have changed the shirt material, indeed. I had always heard great things about it, and purchased it last summer without hesitation. The first time I washed the thing,(yes, with softener :wink1:) the result was not only papery and scratchy material after hang drying, but the buttons on the shoulder epaulets fell off as well, and had to be sewn back on. For a 50 dollar shirt, I was quite unpleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Thats a shame really… have had mine for a few years now and had good results.. there is another company (What Price Glory) that did one that is supposed to be really nice.. have been meaning to pick theirs up as well.. have you tried theirs ? I may order it now just to see how well made it is.. only$48 bucks… if I get one I will report back here as to the quality..

https://whatpriceglory.com/shopexd.asp?id=1846&bc=no

It's not one for sale. It's one I bought a couple of months ago. It's the MKII idol. I've been wanting an idol for some time and finally found one I like.

Great pickup! I have 2 idols but neither are up to par. So I'll be looking for a much better upgrade at some point.

Purchased my Indy jacket this afternoon -pretty stoked!

My jacket arrived a few days ago. Ended up getting a US Wings Indy. Got a good recommendation from a friend. Made from steerhide, the jacket is slightly weathered and is nicely broken in. Comfortable as hell too.

US Wings jackets are underrated. I have two. A VIP Indy from years back and a newer Antique Lambskin from the 250$ runs they did a few years ago. Both great jackets.

Was able to pick up a pair of (now discontinued) Coyle's Indy boots. Looking forward to giving them a proper weathering. Hope they are comfortable.

That Webley looks great Mr. Fusion! Just needs some general wear and you're good to go!

Back