My Han Solo review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really doesn't matter what some book says the height of the average Ewok is. Warwick Davis is 3' 6" tall - Wicket wasn't shorter than that on screen. The Medicom Ewok is ridiculously undersized. And to think he costs almost as much as Han...

According to Google, Warwick Davis was born in 1970 so when Jedi was filmed was 11 to 12 years old. Unless little people grow to their full size by the age of 11 Davis had to have been smaller. Who knows how much smaller he was back in 1981/1982 but the Medicom could still be accurate in size.

Great review, BTW.

I'll quote my original post since it looks like it was missed:

Davis was a child during the filming of ROTJ.

He was 2' 11" tall when Return of the Jedi was filmed.

OWNED!

I'll quote my original post since it looks like it was missed:

If you are referring to my post than yeah, I saw your post and found it to be true. I just wanted to share some additional facts to back it up.
If I have offended you than I do apologize.

If you aren't referring to my post than forget everything I just wrote.

Whether Davis was fully grown or not - the Medicom Wicket looks horribly undersized. I googled images of Wicket to see if there were pics with a human, but everyone and their brother seems to name their small furry pets "Wicket" and put pictures up on the interwebs.

**sigh**

Nobody owns Mike Crawford !!!! Not even Shocker toys or Connor Mcloud !!!

Nobody owns Mike Crawford !!!! Not even Shocker toys or Connor Mcloud !!!

Here, Here,I agree,,:rotfl

and isnt this forum about SS 1/6 Smuggler Han not about wicket after all:monkey2

Great Review Mike, i base alot of my purchases from your reviews Cheers

Yes, Davis was only a tweener, but I suspect he wasn't 26" tall (.66 meters). The 2' 11" sounds more likely (35" tall, quite a bit of difference), and that's not wearing a hot, stuffy, silly suit. This figure looks far too small next to even Medicom Star Wars figures. You can argue it - some people are giving Wall-E bad reviews too - but he's visually simply too small.

Whether Davis was fully grown or not - the Medicom Wicket looks horribly undersized. I googled images of Wicket to see if there were pics with a human, but everyone and their brother seems to name their small furry pets "Wicket" and put pictures up on the interwebs.

**sigh**

Raises hand... lowers head in shame :monkey3

And bummer about Wicket being too small. I was interested in this figure; being 5 when ROTJ came out gives the furballs a certain level of endearment thats been branded in :lol

Great review Michael! I hope you're right about the new bodies being backwards compatible. It wouldn't really make sense if they weren't when you think about it--it's not like SS will re-release everything they've done so far, but many of the newer SW figs could def use an upgrade.

And I never thought I would be using the phrase "backwards compatible" with my figures.

I thought we already found out that they won't be backwards compatible.

That doesn't mean they can provide a way to swap neck posts. I'm assuming the necks will be ball jointed top and bottom - but all it takes to make the old heads compatible is to make that top half of the neck removable, instead of one single piece top to bottom. If they don't, they'll be turning their back on a huge chunk of revenue. I certainly hope they don't do that.

They may. I'm waiting to see what I'll have to do to make my Professor Jones figure out of the Giles stuff and the extra Indy I have coming.

Yep, Wicket is very small, we're talking Mini-Me height here....
but it's an awesome figure. Like with Medi Vader, I can overlook the height issues just because the amazing level of detail and quality.

Han4.jpg

As for the head swaps, it would be lame if it can't be easily done, I really want to switch all my SS figures to the new body...

But how can we upgrade all of the figures on the crappy Buck to the Prometheus when they won't be selling the new body separately? :huh

Yep, Wicket is very small, we're talking Mini-Me height here....
but it's an awesome figure. Like with Medi Vader, I can overlook the height issues just because the amazing level of detail and quality.

Han4.jpg

Yup, he ought to be about an inch taller, but he replicates the characte so well in the smallest details, it's a very cool piece and easy to look past the height problem.

But how can we upgrade all of the figures on the crappy Buck to the Prometheus when they won't be selling the new body separately? :huh

I imagine they will eventually sell it seperately... but maybe there is some restriction given the similarity to the Volks. I dunno, but I do hope it happens.

I think at the very least we'll see some enterprising eBayer or Customizer put together a neck plug that could be used to convert old to new.

Back