Hot Toys Han Solo, Chewbacca figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Last week was an all sixth scale week, and this week is going to be an all Star Wars week. But tonight, those two worlds collide with a look at the new Hot Toys Han Solo and Chewbacca figures, a pair that I've really been anticipating for months. My review is here:

Review and photos of Star Wars Han Solo, Chewbacca sixth scale figures by Hot Toys

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Not sure what you mean, Wor - only category where they are rated *together* is Value, since you're paying $480 for the pair and getting the extra accessories. All the other categories are for them individually, like any other review.

The collectors set is the first ht i have ever purchased
they look fantastic couldnt be happier got a few others ht on preorder now based on the quality of these

Not sure what you mean, Wor - only category where they are rated *together* is Value, since you're paying $480 for the pair and getting the extra accessories. All the other categories are for them individually, like any other review.

So they each scored the same unless otherwise specified? I didn't catch that, sorry. I expected that you'd do what you usually do and write each character name followed by its score over every category. I was confused.

Hey Mike, noticed in second paragraph you mention the boxed set as being $280 when you meant $480.

Great review and I agree about Han. Glad I picked-up Chewie and will be waiting on an ESB Han.

So they each scored the same unless otherwise specified? I didn't catch that, sorry. I expected that you'd do what you usually do and write each character name followed by its score over every category. I was confused.

Nah, when they have the same score in a category I never break it up - no need for the redundancy. When they have a different score, I break it out, as you saw here with the Accessories.

Great review Michael, I agree that almost lifelike sculpts dosen't always mean it looks like the intended person. I too hope they make a Bespin Han, for he is my favorite version.

Good review!

Its interesting that the hair on your Chewies wrist is obviously short. I found my figure to be a bit long in that area. Guess it was a Monday vs Friday build at the HT factory?

I've got the same issue with my Chewie's wrists too. The fur isn't quite long enough to cover it well.

Another great review, but I could almost smell the Chewy fur burning with the lights placed so close to his face. Gotta do it to see it though.:lol I tried to take pics and it's really difficult, always looks darker than it is - and seeing the eyes in the shot? You should get a National Photographers prize for actually capturing them on film.

I felt a great disturbance in the force when I read the "more cosplayer Han than Ford Han" part. As if a couple of dozen Freaks suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened in that thread.

The light Chewie is looking up into in that shot is about 4 feet away...but it's a bright light. He might as well be staring into the sun.

On Han, I do like it quite a bit better than I thought I would from the early previews. We did a HotToyCast yesterday and discussed it, and Eamon still prefers the original sculpt, feeling it had more Han-ness, but I like the final result better. Still not Hot Toys at the top of their game, but solid. I'm hoping that as we get more Han's the accuracy improves.

Back