My Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturtrup

Super Freak
Reaction score
After several monts searching for a nice head, here is my custom Vader!

Ultimate Villain Vader suite
Kenner Tusken Raider body
2005 "Made in China" bobblehead Vader

Some accomodation and...

picture.php

picture.php

That came out good. Oh, by the way :welcome1:

I thought the ultimate villain Vader dome was the one everyone seemed to want.

I still need to mod my Vader someday.:banghead

Nice one sturtrup, how poseable is that kenner Tusken body?

That came out good. Oh, by the way :welcome1:

I thought the ultimate villain Vader dome was the one everyone seemed to want.

I still need to mod my Vader someday.:banghead

Welcome? He joined 2 months ago Viv. Take a look at your calendar will you?

"What?? How long have I been sleeping?!?! :horror "

:lol

Nice one sturtrup, how poseable is that kenner Tusken body?

Welcome? He joined 2 months ago Viv. Take a look at your calendar will you?

"What?? How long have I been sleeping?!?! :horror "

:lol

That was a welcome to the Star Wars Customs section since I have never seen him post in here before,
beside that, this being only his 7th post makes him new.:pfft:

As for sleeping, I haven't in about 18 hours so I think I should get right on that.:lol

That was a welcome to the Star Wars Customs section since I have never seen him post in here before,
beside that, this being only his 7th post makes him new.:pfft:

As for sleeping, I haven't in about 18 hours so I think I should get right on that.:lol

:lol Yeah well he has posted here as it turns out, see?

I'll take inspiration for my dude!

picture.php

that was in the "1/6 speeder bike repaint, koto bash biker scout and dio" thread. So :pfft: to you! :lol

and I know what you mean about the sleep, I'm lucky if I get more than 5 hours a night!

:lol Yeah well he has posted here as it turns out, see?

that was in the "1/6 speeder bike repaint, koto bash biker scout and dio" thread. So :pfft: to you! :lol

Not to derail this any further, but really? You couldn't just leave it at that? :lol

Anyway, nice job that head looks much better than the one that came with the original figure. A little constructive criticism here, but you should adjust his height some. Even just lifting his feet out of the boots a little to have him be a tiny bit taller than the others will go a long way! Still, looks great and keep it up!

Thanks Vivisect! :wink1: :wave

Thanks drod26!

Anyway, nice job that head looks much better than the one that came with the original figure. A little constructive criticism here, but you should adjust his height some. Even just lifting his feet out of the boots a little to have him be a tiny bit taller than the others will go a long way! Still, looks great and keep it up!

This is what I need. Some good advise! I'm looking for a new pair of boots, the Villain boots are too "fat". Some indication? With the new boots I'll surely make him taller!

Last edited:
Not to derail this any further, but really? You couldn't just leave it at that?
:exactly:

Unsung you should know by now that Dude always has to have the last word.

Dude who cares if Bill welcomes someone who has 7 posts or 700 posts? He is just being polite which is a refreshing change from "locals only" vibe you get in a lot of forums. Let Viv be the nice guy he is and don't question it.

Seriuosly Dude....:survivor

Sorry for the slight curve in the road. Your Vader looks great Sturtup!! As Katkuru has already said, Toy Anxiety has a large selection of SS Vader parts in their loose section as we speak including boots.

Keep up the good work and btw...:welcome1:

:exactly:

Unsung you should know by now that Dude always has to have the last word.

Dude who cares if Bill welcomes someone who has 7 posts or 700 posts? He is just being polite which is a refreshing change from "locals only" vibe you get in a lot of forums. Let Viv be the nice guy he is and don't question it.

Seriuosly Dude....:survivor

Sorry for the slight curve in the road. Your Vader looks great Sturtup!! As Katkuru has already said, Toy Anxiety has a large selection of SS Vader parts in their loose section as we speak including boots.

Keep up the good work and btw...:welcome1:

Hmm ouch, voted off the island! :doh

sorry guys, I've just seen sturtrup around here for a while, it seemed like he's been here for a long time to me, so welcoming seemed a little strange.

Turns out I've mostly seen him in the "show your troops" thread, which is of course NOT in the customs section, so he is in fact a relative newcomer.

Sturtrup, I hope I haven't offended you, a (belated) welcome to you sir! :D

and I still like your vader figure, I may do something similar in the future!

I've been very stressed lately, and when I'm stressed I tend to be overly precise about everything, even things that don't matter that don't really matter if they're precise or not, so I apologize for that!

And sturtrup, I asked this once before but I didn't see an answer, how pose-able is that body? I'm evaluating all altenatives to Hot Toys bodies you see, so I am curious to know.

I had an idea for a cheaper way to do the boots I was goona try on mine. I was going to cut the shin armor from the hasbro boots, clean it up and mod them a little by sanding them a tad, then put the armor on some tall German or Russian officer boots made by dragon, in either the flat grainy or smooth gloss finish they have them in.

I had an idea for a cheaper way to do the boots I was goona try on mine. I was going to cut the shin armor from the hasbro boots, clean it up and mod them a little by sanding them a tad, then put the armor on some tall German or Russian officer boots made by dragon, in either the flat grainy or smooth gloss finish they have them in.

Interesting! Let me know for news about this project..

Sorry for my late "the dude person", I've not seen your question!
The Tusken body has rubber's legs and arms. It's no so Bad! Vader in my opinion doesn't need an iper-poseable body. It works! But I'm not an expert of bodies and theirs features.

Spaghetti Star Wars Rules!! :wink1::lol:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

WECOME Sturtrup
Great to see what you are up to and great work on the Vader. I always think that is tough custom figure to do as the SideShow one is pretty good but you have done a great job and I think Unsungs idea of making him a little taller is grand and the recent pic you posted with the medicom trooper is ace... Nice One!!!!!
Ow and welcome again and again!! Soz i love a good stir

Something put me on the way to think that I'm "welcome"!

Vader is a "Work in progress"! Probably forever :slap :lol!

Thanks for your comment!

Vader is a "Work in progress"! Probably forever :slap :lol!

I wouldn't worry about that, I think a lot of us here don't have a single figure that will ever leave the WIP category, since you never know when a new way to improve something will pop in your head.:)

I wouldn't worry about that, I think a lot of us here don't have a single figure that will ever leave the WIP category, since you never know when a new way to improve something will pop in your head.:)

So so true :lol

That vader does look mighty fine though :peace

Back