My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

818f99eb121db4d18120b9abbe1ecdc6.jpg

Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Today's work:

1) Glued a bunch of the bricks in place randomly where I thought they would look good, hide lines, etc etc

2) Began working on my explosion. Wire frame shaping and trying not to look like I got in a scrap with a cat :p Pulled polyfill through about 60% of it maybe.....good progress. Threw some light paint work on it to see what it might look like eventually. I'm happy. [it needs more paint/darker paint in areas]

adda9b6611af438703fc3e3ad9a6bcac.jpg

9517167a57acb94558a4b192cddbe7cc.jpg

a5e7bb2890e2844b31f0b6702f8883b2.jpg

fae9c54f73910866b4bd78c0ba01d553.jpg

Last edited:

Today's work:

2) Began working on my explosion. Wire frame shaping and trying not to look like I got in a scrap with a cat :p Pulled polypill through about 60% of it maybe.....good progress. Threw some light paint work on it to see what it might look like eventually. I'm happy. [it needs more paint/darker paint in areas]

fae9c54f73910866b4bd78c0ba01d553.jpg

Doesn't look real?........:explode:.....then again, I could be wrong.

:lol

Looks great. :clap

Looks good. Must be getting pretty close.

That explosion is genius!

Do you feel there is a lot of pressure on you to make this thing look amazing? So many people watching and waiting for updates!

I was having the same idea to build one of those explosion lights, however, I was concerned about the Poly Fiber filling catching fire if accidentally left on too long. What light did you use? Was this a concern for you as well?

Also, your diorama is coming along great!

Thanks all for the encouragement! :hi5:

Looks good. Must be getting pretty close.

Not really......but I just wanted to get away from the foam work. :) I knew this part would be cool to see. Some things, as you know, are 'funner' than others. [English teacher rolls over in grave]

That explosion is genius!

Wish I could take credit. There's a Star Wars diorama on YT I stole it from. I was blown away when I saw it......so simple, yet so effective.

Do you feel there is a lot of pressure on you to make this thing look amazing? So many people watching and waiting for updates!

Yes and no. I put pressure on myself. Anything I start, I try to do 110%. I have this OCD thing with projects.....if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it the best I can. So the pressure is from me mainly. Everyone here is awesome. :)

I was having the same idea to build one of those explosion lights, however, I was concerned about the Poly Fiber filling catching fire if accidentally left on too long. What light did you use? Was this a concern for you as well?

Also, your diorama is coming along great!

Use an LED. Problem solved. They have regular sized, high Watt bulbs that produce little to no heat. That's a 60W in the pic, but may need more once it's in place, will have to see what it looks like.

The dio is rocking!:rock Cheer's to being almost done.:duff again very cool ! keep it up.:clap:clap:clap

Ha! That explosion is such a simple idea, and looks so good, it makes me giggle. So cool. Great job pulling it off. You're putting your ocd to good use!

Craig, u are a rock star!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back