My Custom Avengers Diorama - entire build process :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Cant wait to see the end product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What final product "might" be like:

393ec6d0f03c6080da3382e204509d2a.jpg

Still tweaking paint on explosion...

If I may make a suggestion....
Due to the size constraints of your diorama box and the size of the explosion, I would suggest placing the figure closer to the explosion as it looks like it's in the very early stages of expansion. (small, limited size for space) If possible, maybe even remove the legs and place torso coming out of the cotton to show the figure being engulfed by the proximity of the blast. I just don't know if the legs are removable. Iron Man's legs are, and he can survive a localized blast. Just a thought.
Ryan

Nice Craig. Looking pretty good

Thanks. Hard to get the colors just right.

I just discovered the 100W bulb was "blowing out" the whole deal.....not an improvement. The 60W is better.

wamp: This was just a temp setup. Why I said "might" look like this. I'm still not sure exactly what I'll pose it like. The explosion is bigger than it looks in that pic. I like the "he's in the middle of it" suggestion, might tinker with that.

I just snapped a couple pix with my Nikon, the iPhone wasn't doing it justice either:

412123494.jpg

412123495.jpg

Without having the known depth in the first photo, (no scale for reference) The Chitauri looked close to the camera, high above the explosion, with the explosion way in the back. It's actually a good forced perspective like that. Now, having seen the actual scale, I think it would be best displayed as a blaster impact rather than as a full scale kaboom! Unless you put it toward the back to look like it's in the distance. Whichever way you go, it looks great. I'm actually NOT looking forward to it's completion. Watching it grow and evolve seems to be where the fun is. Holy crap, is this a diorama or a small child we're talking about? lol
Ryan

:) Ha.

I know what you mean. I think it will be in the "start of a kaboom" style. I think I have a vision for it that will look right.

[at that's not *Vision* Lol]

Last edited:
Build progress on my custom Avengers Diorama

Since I will be gone on vacation next week, I'll put the thread on "pause" with this:

e4ced3cc2c49537e3b1e98f5aeccb2bb.jpg

{and yes, one of his neck thingy deals broke, so I detached the other.....don't freak out :p}

:) Probably still working on it over next few days [leave Sat] but that'll be last pic. Really happy with the vibe of it. :yess:

And thanks :hi5:

Since I will be gone on vacation next week, I'll put the thread on "pause" with this:

{and yes, one of his neck thingy deals broke, so I detached the other.....don't freak out :p}

Very cool! I do wonder if spidey might webb into the final display ? Again Great Work!:clap:clap:clap Keep it up.

Very cool! I do wonder if spidey might webb into the final display ? Again Great Work!:clap:clap:clap Keep it up.

I've bounced back & forth on any characters outside of original Avengers.......one problem is space. And it's a big one. :p

We will see :)

Enjoy your vacation. Who knows, you may come back with new ideas. I, for one, agree on leaving out Spider-Man as you are basically recreating a scene from The Avengers movie and Spidey wasn't there. While you're gone, we'll all have to go back to our lives and reconnect with family and friends. Man, are they gonna be pissed!
Ryan

Mine broke too... :gah: on the plus side he now has neck articulation!

Truly amazing, thank you for sharing this with us

Back