My Boba Fett Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here again is the letter I'm going to send off to Sideshow--I hope it helps, Tom!

Dear Friends at Sideshow,

Sideshow Collectibles is known and loved amongst its fans for the outstanding quality of both its exceptional products and its wonderful customer service. You have demonstrated a commitment to generosity and friendliness that is becoming exceedingly rare in today's money-obsessed business world. Not only that, but your service is both professional and personal, and your loyal customers are ever grateful to you for preserving the trust we have in your company.

In signing this petition we ask that you reserve the Boba Fett: Premium Format Figure #0042/2000 in the name of tomandshell, a faithful customer of your products and certainly one of the biggest Boba fans you could hope for. We are all friends of his, and hope that by demonstrating our support you will make the effort to grace him with what will certainly be one of his most prized possessions. I ask that you please consider this petition, and then that you officially see to it that tomandshell receives his most sought-after collectible. Despite it being a small request, I am certain that your company, if any, understands the joy of making even one person's hope come to fruition. It is a small but sincere request, and we hope that the magnanimity you have demonstrated in the past will continue with this request. As such, I sign this petition in full faith that your kindness will see it through. On behalf of the Sideshow Freaks Forums, I thank you, Sideshow.

Captain Aldeggon

a friend of tomandshell and another loyal customer

Captain Aldeggon said:
Here again is the letter I'm going to send off to Sideshow--I hope it helps, Tom!

Dear Friends at Sideshow,

Sideshow Collectibles is known and loved amongst its fans for the outstanding quality of both its exceptional products and its wonderful customer service. You have demonstrated a commitment to generosity and friendliness that is becoming exceedingly rare in today's money-obsessed business world. Not only that, but your service is both professional and personal, and your loyal customers are ever grateful to you for preserving the trust we have in your company.

In signing this petition we ask that you reserve the Boba Fett: Premium Format Figure #0042/2000 in the name of tomandshell, a faithful customer of your products and certainly one of the biggest Boba fans you could hope for. We are all friends of his, and hope that by demonstrating our support you will make the effort to grace him with what will certainly be one of his most prized possessions. I ask that you please consider this petition, and then that you officially see to it that tomandshell receives his most sought-after collectible. Despite it being a small request, I am certain that your company, if any, understands the joy of making even one person's hope come to fruition. It is a small but sincere request, and we hope that the magnanimity you have demonstrated in the past will continue with this request. As such, I sign this petition in full faith that your kindness will see it through. On behalf of the Sideshow Freaks Forums, I thank you, Sideshow.

Captain Aldeggon

a friend of tomandshell and another loyal customer

Captain, you ROCK! What an awesome letter to SS. I'm so glad you finally got your Faramir and Tom got his Fett (Hope he gets #42!!!)...Now if I could only get my INDY!!! :D

OK, everybody--my petition has been sent in. I wanted to thank all of you who participated and lent me your support.

In spite of the controversy, this is still my most anticipated piece and I am really excited to finally add it to my collection. If I can end up with #42, then it will be even better.

Again, I thank you all for your support, and I will be bumping this thread one way or the other in about a month.

fingers-crossed.jpg

Hey, maybe my petition will work and my big dream will come true and we can all have something positive to talk about in the Fett threads!!!

It's been a heavy weekend...

Good luck Tom. It sucks that all this controversy has brought your grail down a bit. Perhaps Sideshow can REALLY satisfy ONE Fett fan and turn your request into a positive story for this piece.

Good Luck Tom !!

Too late to sign your petition.

Anyway if I have the N°42, I'll contact you.

(I just want Boba Fett N°1, somebody can help me ? :D )

Tom,

Did you notice that the page where you mentioned finally sending it to SS was page 42?

KitFisto said:
Tom,

Did you notice that the page where you mentioned finally sending it to SS was page 42?
Oh, that's a good sign!!! How funny. I guess it was meant to be.

Yes, the final version of the petition came from page 42.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well, my wife just called to tell me that my Boba Fett PF was delivered, and I received #0271. So my petition can now officially be considered a failure.

However, as a thank you to all those who lent me your support, I would like to send out a little consolation prize. I have an extra Boba Fett coffee mug from Applause, made in 1997, unused and still in its box, to send out to a random signer of my petition. I used this website to randomly select a number from the petition, and the one that came up was #76, which belonged to MFOGA. Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I will send it out to you. Here is a Google photo:

applause-mug-01.jpg

Thanks again, everyone!

And if any of you happen to receive #42, I know a sad little monkey who would love to hear from you.

:monkey2

(Now I have to get back to work.)

tomandshell said:
Well, my wife just called to tell me that my Boba Fett PF was delivered, and I received #0271. So my petition can now officially be considered a failure.

However, as a thank you to all those who lent me your support, I would like to send out a little consolation prize. I have an extra Boba Fett coffee mug from Applause, made in 1997, unused and still in its box, to send out to a random signer of my petition. I used this website to randomly select a number from the petition, and the one that came up was #76, which belonged to MFOGA. Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I will send it out to you. Here is a Google photo:

applause-mug-01.jpg

Thanks again, everyone!

And if any of you happen to receive #42, I know a sad little monkey who would love to hear from you.

:monkey2

(Now I have to get back to work.)

This is how great a guy Tom is. Even when he doesn't get his beloved #42, he still shares with his fellow FREAKS. :bow :bow :bow

Sorry Tom, but I'm not giving up on your quest so easily. We have a lot of board members here and I'll be keeping an eye on eBay for a #42 as well. I really hope I luck into one so I can be the one to repay your kindness.

Back