My Bat Pod review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review as always Mike. Can't wait to read your BRJ, Iron Man, and Tumbler

It was the overall frustration of getting Batman on the bike and getting it to work as designed. It is supposed to carry him, not be a stand alone piece. A large part of that frustration was the popping off handle bars - it wasn't that the Batman figure couldn't reach or hold the grips, it was trying to get him to do that on both sides while getting the assembly to stay together. At $250 I expect the figure to be able to ride the bike, especially a figure as well articulated as their own Batman.

at this moment I got the pod as a stand alone, since I haven't made up my mind up yet about buying the Hot Toys TDK batman figure...
And I must say, I love the sight of the Pod by itself...

I shot the BR Joker last night and I gotta tell you...hands down, no contest, best figure of 2008. Just outstanding all around.

I'll second that (well, I say that I'm still torn towards cannibal Jack, but this guy grows on me more each day). I took this head comp shot which shows what a quantum leap Yulli can make when she's given the reference!
headcomps.jpg

Yeah, really no contest between the Joker heads... such an improvement!

Cool review Michael, this is one I passed on. I am tempted by the tumbler, but 1/6 vehicles are just hard (for my limited space) to justify. The only thing I have similar to it is a 1/6 Tank... and it hangs out in the garage :lol

I'll second that (well, I say that I'm still torn towards cannibal Jack, but this guy grows on me more each day). I took this head comp shot which shows what a quantum leap Yulli can make when she's given the reference!
headcomps.jpg

Nice comparison! The bulging scars make a huge difference.

I just got Joker yesterday and FedEx is delivering BR Joker today. I'm already glad I got both.

Back