MR AT-AT Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one on ebay and when it arrived the acrylic case was broken and the paperwork was missing. Now I have to wait for the whole long drawn out ebay resolution crap to get my money back. What a beast to ship back...blah

I bought one on ebay and when it arrived the acrylic case was broken and the paperwork was missing. Now I have to wait for the whole long drawn out ebay resolution crap to get my money back. What a beast to ship back...blah

I was lucky enough to get mine locally, the guy was even nice enough to drive me back with the box and all in tow.

Dun worry m8, you'll find one soon :eek:

Didn't you buy one loose?

I think they go for $2500 and up. I can't remember what they retailed for.

I don't think so. There was one that sold on ebay for $2750 recently, but that was because it was factory sealed, and that can make people go all crazy. They haven't been on ebay much recently, but on "For Sale" forums they seem to go for around $1200 tops, and that hasn't changed for a while. That's more or less what they originally sold for, BTW. I'm not sure what the difference in value between the signature edition and regular LE is, but a lot of people actually seem to prefer the LE, so it may not be that big.

I don't think so. There was one that sold on ebay for $2750 recently, but that was because it was factory sealed, and that can make people go all crazy. They haven't been on ebay much recently, but on "For Sale" forums they seem to go for around $1200 tops, and that hasn't changed for a while. That's more or less what they originally sold for, BTW. I'm not sure what the difference in value between the signature edition and regular LE is, but a lot of people actually seem to prefer the LE, so it may not be that big.

To be honest, I'd rather pay for a displayed item that was mint than one that was factory sealed. there were a few AT-ATs that came with broken legs so there is no way i would take that risk esp with MR being out of biz.

more pics :D
DSC01118.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01120.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

To be honest, I'd rather pay for a displayed item that was mint than one that was factory sealed. there were a few AT-ATs that came with broken legs so there is no way i would take that risk esp with MR being out of biz.

Many of the ones that came with broken legs were shipped without original box and packaging, and that is a big mistake for this huge and fragile monster. I was lucky to get mine from an EU distributor who had a couple more in stock so I was covered if something happened. But it didn't, mine was factory sealed and arrived in 100% perfect condition.

As for the preference of LE vs SE it is a matter of taste. The same distributor had the LE for $150 less and I preferred to get the SE, no second thoughts about it. For me the diorama base, crashed snowspeeder and signature are more interesting than the simple mirror base - recently I've seen a LE sold on ebay with cracked/damaged mirror, seems this is could happen to these type of bases. For example I wish the Stormtrooper to come with a rack base or something instead of the mirror base (something like the new HCG Alien rifle).

Also the original ILM AT-AT models used in the movie seem to come with dirt and snow paint applied more similar with the SE version than LE. But as I said this is a matter of taste and choice both are great replicas and one day I'm sure I'll get the AT-AT LE version too...

My Master Replicas AT-AT Signature Edition #693/750. Added 4 custom made plaques autographed by Julian Glover (General Veers), Ian Liston (AT-AT Driver), Richard Bonehill (Snowtrooper) and Doug Robinson (Snowtrooper) to the original plaque signed already by Phil Tippett (visual effects producer - stop motion animator for AT-AT's in ESB:

displaymasterreplicasat.jpg

Last edited:
Many of the ones that came with broken legs were shipped without original box and packaging, and that is a big mistake for this huge and fragile monster. I was lucky to get mine from an EU distributor who had a couple more in stock so I was covered if something happened. But it didn't, mine was factory sealed and arrived in 100% perfect condition.

As for the preference of LE vs SE it is a matter of taste. The same distributor had the LE for $150 less and I preferred to get the SE, no second thoughts about it. For me the diorama base, crashed snowspeeder and signature are more interesting than the simple mirror base - recently I've seen a LE sold on ebay with cracked/damaged mirror, seems this is could happen to these type of bases. For example I wish the Stormtrooper to come with a rack base or something instead of the mirror base (something like the new HCG Alien rifle).

Also the original ILM AT-AT models used in the movie seem to come with dirt and snow paint applied more similar with the SE version than LE. But as I said this is a matter of taste and choice both are great replicas and one day I'm sure I'll get the AT-AT LE version too...

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I fell in love with the SE version the moment i saw Felmar and your pics.

The snow + crashed snowspeeder recreates that memorable scene when Luke just manages to get out of his speeder before it got squashed.

The crashed speeder has helped me even develop some resistance against buying a MR Studio Speeder as my wallet keeps reminding me that technically I already have one :lol

And the small Snowspeeder has its own description here: "Master Replicas' AT-AT Signature Edition faithfully reproduces the details of the original filming miniatures and includes a snowscape diorama, complete with Luke Skywalker's crashed snowspeeder (cast directly from an ILM miniature). Faithfully reproduces the original 19-inch high filming miniatures as seen in The Empire Strikes Back." It seems the original MR site is dead, but I saved this months ago when this was still online.

And the small Snowspeeder has its own description here: "Master Replicas' AT-AT Signature Edition faithfully reproduces the details of the original filming miniatures and includes a snowscape diorama, complete with Luke Skywalker's crashed snowspeeder (cast directly from an ILM miniature). Faithfully reproduces the original 19-inch high filming miniatures as seen in The Empire Strikes Back." It seems the original MR site is dead, but I saved this months ago when this was still online.

thanks m8. i just have to remind myself that this purchase was not planned and not get sucked into buying more vehicles.

Would really love a falcon but have no idea where i would put it :eek:

I wouldn't have a place for the Falcon either, but for me it's easy since my focus are OT Imperials, so I only need the MR AT-AT LE and the eFX TIE Fighters, though not sure where I'll have place for these if I ever get them... LOL

If anyone in the UK is interested in buying an SE version, I have one that I am thinking of selling. Must be collection only though, I wouldn't want to risk shipping this one.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCdR1U1dkik&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCdR1U1dkik&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Disco music and a awesomeness piece :chew:chew:chew:chew

Back