MR AT-AT Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

From the COA:
"Every replica is strictly limited in the number produced and sold to enhance its value and protect your investment."

Yeah, whatever. Tell that to the guys who bought the first AT-AT.

FYI,

MR is saying they did not "plan" to release them like this. They "said" they were originally going to release 2000 of the snow based version but Lucasfilm did not approve it in time.

So, they sold the first edition instead of waiting for approval. Now, with approval, they are selling the new (and better IMO) version.

Is this true? Who knows...I don't buy it though.

I would be really pissed off if I had bought the first version....and I almost did.

I heard about that on the Rebelscum forums, but it still sounds like b.s. to me. They either should've waited for Lucasfilm's approval or not released a second version. That's just a slap in the face to collectors who spent quite a bit of money for a limited edition item.

^^^^seems to be the same case with some of the new LE lightsabers. i have the original Luke ROTJ limited edition saber and it is super rare. so last year they come out with the "ultimate edition" or whatever they call it. and now they are doing it again with the ESB luke lightsaber. im starting to get pissed because i have just about every lightsaber they have put out and now i dont see the point in buying one of the "limited production" props because they will just remake it again a couple years later. :thwak :thwak

I just ordered the AT-AT SE from Bob! :bow Thank you very much Godfather! This is my most anticipated piece ever.

I really hope that MR brings out a studio scale AT-ST at some point (Hopefully in the $700 range). I've seen pics of the MR AT-AT with the Code 3 AT-ST, and the MR version makes the Code 3 piece look really poor. I'll try and find the pics of both that I saw on Rebelscum.

re

As much as I love this piece, I cannot justify spending that much money on it...especially as I will be stung heavily when it arrives in the UK.:eek

I have to keep within my budget...and that budget is being stretched to the limit as it is with the likes of the Kong lithos, more Koto, SSC and those GG maquettes. :thud

Good for you EL,:toast . as I said it looks like an awesome piece, i'ts just that plaque on the base that puts me of it.:\

Nice Elwood!

I cannot wait for this piece.

I too hope they release an AT-ST.

Code3 products lack the quality I look for. Some are better than others though...

So are you getting it aswell Grus.?I really like the look of it, but that plaque really distorts the scene for me.:\ couldn't they have put it on the underside.?

TB, is the plaque really THAT bad for you? I didn't even really notice it until you started talking about it.:lol

So who has this on order so far?

1. Me
2. Gruson
3. larbob

Anyone else? This to me is the holy grail of SW collectibles...at least until the Millineum Falcon is released.

However, this piece is my most wanted by far, even over the Falcon. When I was a kid, my favorite toy was the Kenner AT-AT. My family has a picture of me in the snow reenacting the Hoth scene with my action figures when I was 5. That thing is still packed up in a box somewhere in my parent's house. 20 years later, I decided that I MUST have this piece. Things have finally come full circle.

Yes,

I have ordered it.

I too have ALWAYS loved the AT-AT. We also played with ours in the snow when I was a kid. :)

The plaque is not a big deal at all for me and does not take away form the piece.

I actually like it because it will have Phil Tippet's autograph. He was legend back in the days before CGI. His miniature work and stop motion is incredible. It's a shame no one works with him now. Oh well. It will mean something to me for sure.

TESB is my favorite movie of all time and I just have to have this piece.

As Josh would say, it's very iconic. :)

This will definitely be the centerpiece of my SW's
collection. I just like the snowbase with wrecked
speeder and Phil Tippet's autograph. It's a lot
of money to spend with the MR Luke EE coming out
as well and all the SS LOTR stuff.

I actually like it because it will have Phil Tippet's autograph. He was legend back in the days before CGI. His miniature work and stop motion is incredible. It's a shame no one works with him now. Oh well. It will mean something to me for sure.

Exactly. Some people don't like things that are signed, but I think it adds something special to the piece. I would have preferred Lucas's auto (I wonder if MR could ever get him to sign something), but Tippett makes much more sense. Outside of Ray Harryhausen, Tippett is one of the biggest names in stop-motion animation.

Phil animated the AT-AT, ED-209 in Robocop, and the raptors in Jurassic Park. That's pretty impressive work to say the least!

TB, is the plaque really THAT bad for you? I didn't even really notice it until you started talking about it.

well it will probably grow on me not a big deal really I suppose. It's just a brilliant diorama to have and probably
the ultimate Star wars piece. I just think it would have looked better without it, If I had the money though I would still like to get, but after hearing bad things about the first one,
maybe that's not such a good idea.

FYI,

This version is supposed to look more real and less like cheap "plastic." A lot of people said version 1 looks cheap in person and MR apparently made this one a lot better.

This is what they were saying over at rebelscum.

Yeah it does look a lot more detailed then the last one.
Have you got the link to what there saying about it over
at rebelscum Gruson.?

Back