MR AT-AT Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The signature name plate looks totally LAME on this new version. If you're going to re-enact a scene in a diorama, then do so. I don't remember that huge snow-covered billboard during the invasion.

The name plate would actually have fit much better with the first version as a museum display piece.

re

Hey! Stop dissing the 1st AT-AT - mine has feelings you know! >:

Seriously, though, the first AT-AT is pretty sweet in my eyes. Yeah, I paid alot for it so I'm bound to defend it, but I'm totally happy with it.

Can't say I wasn't p***** at MR releasing a second one so quick though. They should have told everyone upfront what they were planning. I would have waited to at least see which one I prefer.

Believe it or not (and I'm sure most will think not :p ), I'm not sure which I prefer. The snowbase with speeder is very, very nice, but the pose is somewhat static compared to the first. And the plaque makes it look a bit, well, crap...

Re: re

The signature name plate looks totally LAME on this new version.

I LOVE the signature name plate on this version. It matches every other MR product and makes the display have a professional appearance.

Looks much better with the snow base and the Speeder too bad they didnt do this with the first one. :)

The signature name plate looks totally LAME on this new version. If you're going to re-enact a scene in a diorama, then do so. I don't remember that huge snow-covered billboard during the invasion.

I agree completely,:\ I'ts an eye saw. Why go to all the trouble to get the classic scene like that. if your going to
stick that on it.:\

Well I've decided that I'm going to try for the Signature AT-AT. I'm going to sell a bunch of my SS/W stuff that I don't want and cancel a bunch of preorders. It will take a few months, but hopefully it will still be around or below retail by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure that it will.

They are making 750 and on the MR site you can pay for it in two installments....unlike with most dealers! ;)

They are making 750 and on the MR site you can pay for it in two installments....unlike with most dealers!
-----------------------​
Most, but not all. :naughty

This looks great, and I look forward to getting it in.

re

Not even going to think about this one...way out of my league. The customs charge along would probably pay for Sauron.:puke :thud I'm a happy camper with my lot...and now I have kotobukiya to add to the ever-growing lists of lines I appear to be seduced into buying. :bang

Very tempting!! Would really have to do some saving and selling, hmm very very tempting!:sick

Glad I didn't shell out a $1000 plus for an item that was supposidly limited and find out that the company is making them again >: Plus to make it worse this one will most likely be the more desirable. Shame on you MR :poke

Being new to MR with only the Luke EE saber...
had to buy this AT-AT. Although I do agree
that MR should have offered both versions at
the same time. There is a MR VIP response
over at Rebelscum forum....basically they
wanted to do this version first and make
around 2,000 of 'em but Lucas was not signing
off on it for some reason.

I really can't believe this, releasing a nearly the same item (but with a better base) half a year after a first piece which was supposedly limited to a 1,000 pieces... I would be so pissed if I had bought the first one.

Back