Movie Scores/Soundtracks and Composers Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praetorian380

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I would start up a thread for all of us to discuss our favorite movie scores, soundtracks, and composers.

I don't know if many of us here listen to movie scores, but I cant get enough of them :)
I think they are great and actually find myself listening to them more often than the crap on the radio. Maybe Im weird, LOL

Anyone else like listening to movie scores and soundtracks?
Anyone have any favorite movie score composers they are into?

Lets Discuss!:banana

Listen to them all the time. Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone, Basil Poledouris, John Carpenter, John Murphy, Charlie Clouser, Danny Elfman, James Newton Howard, Wendy Carlos, Tangerine Dream are some of my faves.

Morricone's "Sundown" from The Good The Bad and the Ugly is prolly my favorite piece.

Cool thread, we used to have a thread on this very subject but I'm sure it's buried in the bowels of this boards somewhere lol. Back on topic, I'm currently listening to the Iron Man 2 AC/DC soundtrack but I'm kinda disapointed that I have to wait till July 7th to get the John Debney conducted score. I'm also after the Kickass soundtrack but for some reason it's only available overseas.

Yeah the wait for Debneys sucks but at least we are getting it. I think he is going to pull all the stops and try and give us all the music.

He actually made it sound a bit like the 1st Iron Man score. Which is something a lot of (arrogant) composers do when they get onto a sequel they didnt write...

____ing Danny Elfman.

I mean what the ____ was that Hellboy 2 ____? Horrible ____ing score. Horrible.

I think Steve Jablonsky makes some awesome epic scores too! The Transformers score is just amazing! I found the score of Revenge Of The Fallen a bit lacking compared to Transformers though...

His music for The Island was great too! Especially: "My Name Is Lincoln" :rock :rock :rock

I absolutely love Johnny Greenwood's There Will Be Blood soundtrack. Fantastic, brilliant stuff. I also love Dario Marianelli's soundtrack for Atonement.

I like all the typical ones like John Williams's stuff. But I think there was a lull in his music through the 90s and I think his current stuff is back to being as powerful as his music was in the late 70s and early 80s. I think his War of the Worlds and HP Prisoner of Azkaban are great scores.

Patrick Doyle and Nicholas Hopper also did fantastic after Williams with the HP movies. I actually prefer what they did compared to JW.

Patrick Doyle and Nicholas Hopper also did fantastic after Williams with the HP movies. I actually prefer what they did compared to JW.

Not sure I can comment on that............

Williams in my favorite, I go every year to The Hollywood Bowl to listen to him conduct his greatest hits

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while Williams will always be one of my favorites I just preferred the direction the other composers went with. He created an amazing theme, I will give him that.

Awesome to see so many of us like listening to this stuff!!

Ive been listening to a lot of Marco Beltrami lately.
I highly recommend his Knowing score and 3:10 to Yuma score!

Great stuff!
Ive found that some parts of the Knowing score sound like a cross between Psycho and Alien. Maybe its just me.

Also a huge fan of Alan Silvestri, Hans Zimmer, James Horner, Danny Elfman (his earlier stuff was better though), Jerry Goldsmith, Klaus Badelt, David Arnold(Stargate!)

Speaking of Zimmer - when him and Lisa Gerrard team up it makes for some awesome stuff - Black Hawk Down and Gladiator to a few.

Back