Movie Scores/Soundtracks and Composers Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not feeling that Black Swan score. I dont think it's at the same level as The Fountain or the other Mansell scores.

However, the Tron score is ____ing fan tastic. Perhaps my second favorite score of the year...mainly for sounding so original.

does anyone know if the Rocky III version for Survivor's Eye of the Tiger was ever released, it has some slight differences from the soundtrack I have? thanks!

However, the Tron score is ____ing fan tastic. Perhaps my second favorite score of the year...mainly for sounding so original.

So far I disagree. I've listened to it almost entirely without stopping, and it's not living up to what I expected. There's maybe 2 or 3 tracks that really stand out for me. Hopefully this will change after I see the movie.

Not feeling that Black Swan score. I dont think it's at the same level as The Fountain or the other Mansell scores.

Just curious. Are you familiar with the source material that's it's based on? If not I'll be nice. If so, well, stay awake tonight.

I'm trying to get into soundtracks, but I'm having a major problem thus far. The songs are too damn short. This is pretty much across the board. Just as you start to really like where a theme is going. The track is over. 2:00-3:00 is just not long enough to sink my teeth into a song. I understand why, most scenes in movies don't want a long song...ohwell.

Dig into some Ennio Morricone for some longer stuff.

edit: Clint Mansell's stuff if decent length as well. Most scores are going to be choppy with lengths but the two I mention have a lot of 4 minute plus stuff that is great.

Just curious. Are you familiar with the source material that's it's based on? If not I'll be nice. If so, well, stay awake tonight.

No....:eek:

Prog, Hans Zimmer does long LONG tracks. He's a good, easy one to start with. Angels and Demons score has like...8 songs, but they're all over 5 minutes.

Oh nevermind, yes, I know Swan Lake. And that's all well and good....but I still want to hear more. But from that track, source material aside, i'm not feeling it. But we'll see......:D

Back